Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:I didn't hear any McCaw reference either. Maybe nobody thinks an AD is an exciting enough topic.

Change of topics a bit, but what do we think this win and potential upsets in the future do for scheduling? I would think the more of a threat we are for big upsets the more unlikely we are to get big payouts to play away games, but I don't maybe that opens the door for more home and homes?
One of the major pluses for scheduling a team like LU is the more or less certainty of a win versus an FBS opponent. If there was a multi year deal with Baylor I would say future games could be in doubt. But with current contracts? Can't see anyone buying out, yet.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:what do we think this win and potential upsets in the future do for scheduling? I would think the more of a threat we are for big upsets the more unlikely we are to get big payouts to play away games, but I don't maybe that opens the door for more home and homes?
I joked with Mickey after the game that it is going ot be tougher to fill the remaining holes. But honestly it shouldn't have a significant impact. If anything, we are now viewed as less of a cupcake opponent for schools to sell to their fans when they book us.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wow what a game. That was an unbelievable performance from buckshot and AGG especially. In all honesty we looked like we had the best qb wr kicker punter and maybe corners in the game (peters and turner). Probert was exceptional and its being overlooked. Also overlooked was mosley and o line. That offense was in sync all night and dailey did a great job play calling. I posted after the fanfest that we looked totally different on offense and we sure did.

Defense, hard to say exactly but i feel like our starters are pretty darned good. We just dont have much depth. Tolen avery played a huge game as wel. That guy got push inside all night long.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
Kricket wrote:what do we think this win and potential upsets in the future do for scheduling? I would think the more of a threat we are for big upsets the more unlikely we are to get big payouts to play away games, but I don't maybe that opens the door for more home and homes?
I joked with Mickey after the game that it is going ot be tougher to fill the remaining holes. But honestly it shouldn't have a significant impact. If anything, we are now viewed as less of a cupcake opponent for schools to sell to their fans when they book us.
Agree, I think the impact may be that teams like Rutgers may feel more threatened and not be willing to pay large amounts of money, as it may not be viewed as an easy win, but the amount of teams who'd rather have a tougher game probably offsets the teams that are too chicken.

I will say, that the win has seemed to peak a few recruits interest. It seems about 20% of the recruits posted about Liberty winning on twitter. Hopefully that sways one or two of them to commit.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Wow what a game. That was an unbelievable performance from buckshot and AGG especially. In all honesty we looked like we had the best qb wr kicker punter and maybe corners in the game (peters and turner). Probert was exceptional and its being overlooked. Also overlooked was mosley and o line. That offense was in sync all night and dailey did a great job play calling. I posted after the fanfest that we looked totally different on offense and we sure did.

Defense, hard to say exactly but i feel like our starters are pretty darned good. We just dont have much depth. Tolen avery played a huge game as wel. That guy got push inside all night long.
The O Line is still suspect IMO. They were made to look better because Calvert can buy a little time. But they didn't get a lot of north south push. Running to the outside worked well.
On a bright note LU didn't have 13 consecutive false start penalties, so that's progress :D
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Saw this in the comments section of some article about the game and couldn't help but laugh: "Question: How many batteries does it take to light up the Baylor football Team?
Answer: 1-AA"
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Haize - The Oline actually held up very well. The Baylor radio guy were raving about them on the postgame show. But the big reason why Buck was practically never pressured was the offense we ran with him moving and 3-step drops. The ultimate irony in running this offense at Baylor? The man who invented it was none other than Art Briles himself.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I don't typically peek in on our opponents' message boards but I do sometimes read the articles written from the other team's perspective, and they are taking this loss very hard. It's just the start of the season, right? They shouldn't be in mourning any more than we should be crowning ourselves undefeated at this point, right?

https://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-be ... 45-in-waco
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Haize - The Oline actually held up very well. The Baylor radio guy were raving about them on the postgame show. But the big reason why Buck was practically never pressured was the offense we ran with him moving and 3-step drops. The ultimate irony in running this offense at Baylor? The man who invented it was none other than Art Briles himself.
That was sorta my point but you made it better. I think the O Line is a question mark. What it does show is the coaching staff making adjustments with the personnel they have. Watch the video. You won't see LU moving the line of scrimmage much. Calvert l, as I said, helped out a lot. He doesn't hold the ball. Look I'm not saying they were gawd awful. I'm just saying I'm still suspect
On an unrelated note I was very suspicious of the WVU o line before last night. But they did great. THAT is the type of performance I was expecting if I wanted to call the LU line 'dominate'
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Haize - The Oline actually held up very well. The Baylor radio guy were raving about them on the postgame show. But the big reason why Buck was practically never pressured was the offense we ran with him moving and 3-step drops. The ultimate irony in running this offense at Baylor? The man who invented it was none other than Art Briles himself.
That was sorta my point but you made it better. I think the O Line is a question mark. What it does show is the coaching staff making adjustments with the personnel they have. Watch the video. You won't see LU moving the line of scrimmage much. Calvert l, as I said, helped out a lot. He doesn't hold the ball. Look I'm not saying they were gawd awful. I'm just saying I'm still suspect
On an unrelated note I was very suspicious of the WVU o line before last night. But they did great. THAT is the type of performance I was expecting if I wanted to call the LU line 'dominate'
Which is a HUGE improvement from last year. My expectations were pretty low for the oline and they have so far surpassed those.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Which is a HUGE improvement from last year. My expectations were pretty low for the oline and they have so far surpassed those.
You're not wrong. And I agree it's an improvement both from a scheme and player perspective. But exceeding such low expectations doesn't make them great. Losing 20 lbs is great. But if you're still 180 lbs overweight it doesn't make you skinny
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hit wasn't dirty but did look pretty grim on replay seeing him get hit in the knees like that
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I figured it was a joke...just don't get the joke
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]