Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Anyone wish that we would wear the black helmets and black jerseys again a la rocco era?

i could dig some black helmets, black jerseys and red pants for homecoming :D
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That actually reminded me...didnt somebody do a detailed breakdown of our record with each uniform combo since we debuted the new uniforms back in i think 2014? I'm trying to find it so i can update the numbers adding last year's games.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Anyone wish that we would wear the black helmets and black jerseys again a la rocco era?

Blackout uniforms are considered outdated by many. Uniforms are also now very much a part of recruiting and the HS crowd doesn't think they're that cool anymore. Additionally, I have never seen a teams with Red White and Blue colors pull off a blackout well.

I wish we could go basketball style and have a white out at a football game once though. No additional uniform required. Let it be known in every convo the week prior with a strong social media push. Just to change it up a bit.

I've heard our current uniform style has been discontinued by Nike and new threads are in the design phase.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Anyone wish that we would wear the black helmets and black jerseys again a la rocco era?

Blackout uniforms are considered outdated by many. Uniforms are also now very much a part of recruiting and the HS crowd doesn't think they're that cool anymore. Additionally, I have never seen a teams with Red White and Blue colors pull off a blackout well.

I wish we could go basketball style and have a white out at a football game once though. No additional uniform required. Let it be known in every convo the week prior with a strong social media push. Just to change it up a bit.

I've heard our current uniform style has been discontinued by Nike and new threads are in the design phase.
Such a bad idea
By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

Such a bad idea
I've actually heard a white out may be in the works..
By rhezick
Alright, so how can I watch this sucker? Saw it's not on espn 3... reddit live streams? Or do better options exist?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
On Dish, it's channel 149, FOXS2.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Such a bad idea
Someone needs to think that through
By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Such a bad idea
Someone needs to think that through
Out of curiosity, what's the issue with a white out? Because other schools have done it before us?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Think through the implications
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:
Out of curiosity, what's the issue with a white out? Because other schools have done it before us?
No, because its stupid. You should always wear your team color. Ours is red.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
No, because its stupid. You should always wear your team color. Ours is red.
More than that. I can see you giving it a few moments thought and realize how disastrous it would be
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Here comes the ball game
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Is that LARRY Fitzgerald?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
At least run to the outside for gosh sakes.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Awesome! D stepped up at end.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
More than that. I can see you giving it a few moments thought and realize how disastrous it would be
I know what you are saying, and you are right... but besides that, it's just stupid
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:The gameplan was on point tonight and the growth of Buckshot was REALLY nice to see!
Best QB I've seen at LU to go with GG as the best WR I've seen at LU
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]