Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone being impacted by "Harvey".

Currently, the Houston airport is closed. The latest weather forecast puts the remnants of "Harvey" over Dallas Fort Worth Area this Friday.

I have a flight scheduled for this Thursday to Houston then to Austin - pick up a rental car and drive to Waco. Return flight Sunday from Austin direct to Atlanta.

If anyone has any suggestions on changing flights or simply canceling our trip - I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
How did you book your flight? Through AAA or directly through United?

Waco has not felt the brunt of the storm yet. Not sure if we will still be able to attend due to the crisis.

Prayers for Houston are greatly appreciated. It is a life & death situation for thousands of folks at this hour.
Through United.

Seems we have an option to switch flights and take a direct flight from Dulles to DFW. Then we would keep our same return flight from Austin to Atlanta - then to Raleigh which will require multiple rentals on cars on the trip.

I realize our trip to support the Flames is not what is important! God Bless!
IAH has already been closed through Monday when I was supposed to be flying back up to Seattle. United is flooded with calls on the hundreds of flights they have already canceled. You might be able to get to Austin through Denver. But honestly Austin is a mess right now and will be for a few days.
Slyfox, how did you fare where you're at?

Am in Spring along 2920 close to I-45 here. Even though Cypress Creek overflowed its banks, it hasn't advanced north past Cypresswood. And I'm south of Spring Creek, which did as well, but we weren't affected by that during the Memorial Day event last year.

My daughter, who completed on campus all but her student teaching in May, was to start her assignment today in New Caney, but they like many districts have postponed opening until next Tuesday.
We are above Lake Conroe on a hill so we are cut off but high and dry. Spring Creek is supposed to crest on Wednesday at the same time the eye is supposed to be passing over Spring and The Woodlands. Don't take any chances and keep that exit bag ready to roll. We aren't through it all yet. I have a ton of friends in the Klein/Champions area who lost their homes today around Cypress Creek. Many of them had just remodeled after the Tax Day floods.

I hope to get down to Galveston County in the next few days to help my parents mud out their house and salvage what we can.
I've been keeping up with all of the updates from Chairman Bunch in The Woodlands Township and Commissioner Noack. Cypress Creek is still bad, making 45 impassable, and friends in Timberlane subdivision near Mercer Arboretum say the creek is still rising.

Spring Creek at Kuykendahl Bridge and I-45 both are beginning to recede. There was only one lane able to go south on 45 at the exit for Springwoods Village, but it is now three - even though you have to exit at Holzwarth. We're probably going to go back to the house sometime today or tomorrow.

Be safe heading down to Galveston County. I read spacecityweather.com's 2 p.m. update and they said Galveston proper got seven inches of rain today as Harvey moves towards Beaumont and Port Arthur.
Yeah, the weather has worked out well for us in Houston and it also means McLane Stadium should be good to go this weekend.

I am hoping to get down to my parents' place tomorrow. But their has been looters shooting at rescue workers in their neighborhood. So we will see if the coast is clear first.
Sly Fox wrote:Yeah, the weather has worked out well for us in Houston and it also means McLane Stadium should be good to go this weekend.

I am hoping to get down to my parents' place tomorrow. But their has been looters shooting at rescue workers in their neighborhood. So we will see if the coast is clear first.
Shoot back.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Yeah, the weather has worked out well for us in Houston and it also means McLane Stadium should be good to go this weekend.

Shoot back.
Better yet, shoot first.
flamehunter wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

Shoot back.
Better yet, shoot first.
After all it IS Texas
Yesterday we had the local PD keeping us out of my folks' neighborhood. After political pressure, we were allowed into the neighborhood for about a half hour to gather mor emeds and salvagable items. But we need to mud out the house PRONTO. The mold is already doing its business. Unfortunately while we were in the house, the National Guard replaced the locals and now we are not allowed in or out under any circumstances. They tell us they are authorized to shoot anyone in the neighborhood. Now mind you that neighborhoods all around us our free to gut their homes ot limit the mold. Unfortunately my dad's neighborhood is being singled out and no one knows why including the local government. Hopefully we can get in tofay because that carpet needs ripped out and we need o open up the drywall and remdediate the mold while it is still possible ... IF it is still possible.

In the meantime, we were able to rescue my sister from being trapped in Friendswood the past five days .... pull her daughter and granddaughter out of bad spot and they are all now living with us temporarily.

Churches across the nation want to come help but right now it is tough to assess what can be done. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us. This is going to be a very long road.

That said, I'll see you all in Waco.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]