Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

IMHO I would not want kids on the berm throwing frisbees or doing whatever else. I like the look as it is and see no need to turn it into a park. Yeah, it would be nice to leave the seats and chiill on the hill for a bit but certainly not required.
CCWMichael wrote:IMHO I would not want kids on the berm throwing frisbees or doing whatever else. I like the look as it is and see no need to turn it into a park. Yeah, it would be nice to leave the seats and chiill on the hill for a bit but certainly not required.
As someone with young kids, I really appreciate things like this. It allows the kids to play and I can still watch the game without worrying my kids are bothering grumpy people like you :)
If ONE person sits on the berm, our stadium will be bigger than JMU's. I wonder if the few rows of marching band seating in the end zone were factored into the 25,000?
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Apparently the North camera facing the berm is not working properly. Are they working on the FOC side already (the video board)?
Yes. They started working on the board/roof of FOC today but I’m not sure exactly what they were doing.
JK37 wrote:I wouldn’t want people on the berm for the simple reason I want to see as many as possible in the seats. I predict it won’t be easy filling 25k after Week 1.
My guess is 21.67k average for the year with ODU being a sell out. We’ve only had 7 home games with over 19k in attendance ever, so maybe I’m on the koolaid too much, but I feel this year we will put up pretty good home numbers.

ODU 25k
Norfolk St 19k
North Texas 21k
Troy 23k
Idaho St 22k
NMSU 20k
Ewglenn wrote:We’ve only had 7 home games with over 19k in attendance ever,
Remember - our numbers were much more accurate last year under Ian than they were the years before. Many of those 19k games were inflated numbers.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:We’ve only had 7 home games with over 19k in attendance ever,
Remember - our numbers were much more accurate last year under Ian than they were the years before. Many of those 19k games were inflated numbers.
What!?!? No!?! :shock: Surely you jest my good man
Class of 20Something wrote:In my memory, I don't think anything has topped the Montana game. Claimed 22,551. I absolutely believe it. The Bill was packed.
Yeah that was the top game. I believe CSU was number 2 a few years back at around 21k. I’m not looking at the document right now so that’s a guess.
thepostman wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:IMHO I would not want kids on the berm throwing frisbees or doing whatever else. I like the look as it is and see no need to turn it into a park. Yeah, it would be nice to leave the seats and chiill on the hill for a bit but certainly not required.
As someone with young kids, I really appreciate things like this. It allows the kids to play and I can still watch the game without worrying my kids are bothering grumpy people like you :)
GET OFF MY GRASS! dang hoodlums. I know how these kids now adays are all smoking cocaine and snorting marijuana.
Seen and not heard! :lol:
ballcoach15 wrote:My phone always works too slow in stadium during game.
Ballcoach, put your phone down and just WATCH the game! :football :fbplayer :football
You can take all the selfies you want at halftime. :oldhag
willflop wrote:Since it looks like they are working on the video board next, here's a photoshop comparison between 4x and current.

I love it! I hope they don't clutter it too much with ads. I could deal with a smaller board on the south end of the stadium that's primary purpose was game stats.

Anyone ever notice the intense tape delay when visiting the concession stands? It's 20-25 seconds. I wonder if there is an upgrade to that on the way.

Also, I am worried about the food trucks. There is clearly no room for them inside the stadium now. I don't think the concession stands can handle that extra volume.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]