Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot see "rushing the field" by beating ODU. Wait until we beat somebody big. i.e. a Power 5 conference school.
We rushed the field when we beat VMI when I was a freshmen...college students are dumb. Haha
I remember that game...some of the band members wanted to join in, but Dr Kerr put the kibosh on it.
I'm surprised that Sly hasn't mentioned this, but has anyone else noticed the similarity between the Texas Rangers' stadium and the new expansion to Williams Stadium?

https://www.maxpixel.net/Texas-Rangers- ... um-1673265
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Interestingly enough, as beautiful as it is in Arlington (locals refer to it as the Temple), the fact it is outdoors in DFW makes it unbearable in the summer. The Rangers are looking at options to build a retractable roof stadium like we have down in Houston.
Not really...I mean if they installed new ones on the student side with the new expansion, it stands to reason that your want all the lights to look the same. Having old lights and new lights wouldn't be a good look
BJWilliams wrote:Not really...I mean if they installed new ones on the student side with the new expansion, it stands to reason that your want all the lights to look the same. Having old lights and new lights wouldn't be a good look
But they've only added a single base on each side similar to the existing lights. That's why it's a little odd. The new lights have the two post mount.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Interestingly enough, as beautiful as it is in Arlington (locals refer to it as the Temple)...
I really like the sound of that nickname! And I think Jerry, Sr. would, too.

Sly, do you also see the similarities in the outside architecture of the two stadiums?
Class of 20Something wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Not really...I mean if they installed new ones on the student side with the new expansion, it stands to reason that your want all the lights to look the same. Having old lights and new lights wouldn't be a good look
But they've only added a single base on each side similar to the existing lights. That's why it's a little odd. The new lights have the two post mount.
https://s7.postimg.cc/4v8fitrnf/foc_2.gif
Perhaps they are adding one pole and then doing the lights similar to east side now then will brick up in front like on this image...
Got my 4 season tickets yesterday, delivered by Fed Ex. Our crew will be on the first row of the upper deck in section 203, which is actually close enough to catch a t-shirt and much closer to the concession stands and the bathroom.
:oldhag
Cider Jim wrote:Got my 4 season tickets yesterday, delivered by Fed Ex. Our crew will be on the first row of the upper deck in section 203, which is actually close enough to catch a t-shirt and much closer to the concession stands and the bathroom.
Those are some solid seats!
Cider Jim wrote:Got my 4 season tickets yesterday, delivered by Fed Ex. Our crew will be on the first row of the upper deck in section 203, which is actually close enough to catch a t-shirt and much closer to the concession stands and the bathroom.
First row of the upper deck is the best seat in the entire stadium. I'm jealous of you.

Those are amazing seats. I'm very jealous.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've never sat there before. Thanks for the recommendations and kind words. :clapping
Those are the seats I asked for, either in 203 or 207. I can't wait until Mine arrive!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think I bought my tickets in early May, at the very end of the spring semester.
I'm trying to figure out how to sign up for homecoming and getting tickets to that game (Idaho State of I'm not mistaken)
BJWilliams wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to sign up for homecoming and getting tickets to that game (Idaho State of I'm not mistaken)
Aren't you also going to the ODU game? If I could go to 2 I would go with the 2 game package.
I'm hoping to...if I go as a fan I'll consider it. I'm seeing about going and shadowing so I can learn and improve as a broadcaster
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]