Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
alabama24 wrote:
Baldspot1 wrote:I am surprised there doesn't seem to be any suites on the student side. I thought they were a cash cow.
The drawings above show phase 1&2, which perhaps mask the apparent addition of suites on the "Baptist" side. Compare with these pics for reference:

It looks like they are expanding the chair back seats on the home side in the upper deck(not sure if that's premium seating). Maybe that has something to do with the capacity seemingly small. Chair back seats lower the capacity a good bit.
The last game I went to I sat in sec. 205 in the blue chair back seats. Leg room was horrible. Seats were not wide enough. Now granted I am a size 38 waist, but I have never been as uncomfortable as I was in that section. They are not worthy of the premium price. Great view of the field though.
LUGrad2000 wrote:The last game I went to I sat in sec. 205 in the blue chair back seats. Leg room was horrible. Seats were not wide enough. Now granted I am a size 38 waist, but I have never been as uncomfortable as I was in that section. They are not worthy of the premium price. Great view of the field though.
Cheap season ticket holder in 104/106 depending on the year. The bench with back is awesome. You're not confined at all.
LUGrad2000 wrote:The last game I went to I sat in sec. 205 in the blue chair back seats. Leg room was horrible. Seats were not wide enough. Now granted I am a size 38 waist, but I have never been as uncomfortable as I was in that section. They are not worthy of the premium price. Great view of the field though.
Yeah. The seats are certainly not 'Baptist Sized'
This is a bit off topic, but I wonder if they'll eventually expand the bleachers of Osborne Field? That'll be nice for some soccer games and track meets (especially if they'll make it into an oval design). Going back to the topic on the expansion of the Bill, I wonder if it's possible to build a mid deck above the grassy area and eventually an upper deck? That would be an amazing design. By the way, is there a name for the grassy area? It would be nice to create a tradition which would occur every home game (like what occurs at Clemson).
cruzan_flame13 wrote:This is a bit off topic, but I wonder if they'll eventually expand the bleachers of Osborne Field? That'll be nice for some soccer games and track meets (especially if they'll make it into an oval design). Going back to the topic on the expansion of the Bill, I wonder if it's possible to build a mid deck above the grassy area and eventually an upper deck? That would be an amazing design. By the way, is there a name for the grassy area? It would be nice to create a tradition which would occur every home game (like what occurs at Clemson).
It's more reminiscent of UVA than anything. I am glad they are deciding to shape it properly and bring it closer to the field. I am still baffled as to where the visitors locker room would be. I would love if they forced them to walk through the student section somehow.
Class of 20Something wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:This is a bit off topic, but I wonder if they'll eventually expand the bleachers of Osborne Field? That'll be nice for some soccer games and track meets (especially if they'll make it into an oval design). Going back to the topic on the expansion of the Bill, I wonder if it's possible to build a mid deck above the grassy area and eventually an upper deck? That would be an amazing design. By the way, is there a name for the grassy area? It would be nice to create a tradition which would occur every home game (like what occurs at Clemson).
It's more reminiscent of UVA than anything. I am glad they are deciding to shape it properly and bring it closer to the field. I am still baffled as to where the visitors locker room would be. I would love if they forced them to walk through the student section somehow.
That would be very nice and far away from their supporters. I recognize the resemblence of UVA, the thing is it'll look cool to have a deck above it with the flames in the background. Of course that's just my idea, but imagine t.v. viewers seeing that side of the stadium on gameday.
It was announced today in the University wide faculty/staff meeting that the stadium expansion will begin this October between games and will be completed in time for 2018 opener. It was also announced that the visitors locker room will be in the east side of indoor practice facility (area nearest the student section seats) and will also be used for camps during the offseason.
That's a pretty ambitious timeline...I wonder how that will affect the attendance for those last two home games (since Im guessing work begins after the homecoming game)
willflop wrote:I haven't been inside the ipf, but I didn't assume there was that much extra space? Maybe it's going to be in that portion that jets out in front of the glass, that's wrapped in Brick.
Yes. The locker room will be in the part that sticks out from the main rectangle. It's gonna be tight but will include locker room, showers, male and female restrooms, a training room, coaches locker room, and I believe officials locker room as well. Trying to take mental notes from a screen was a little tough
I think the hill has to be the first plan of action. When they excavate for Commons IV, I bet that dirt just comes directly to Williams Stadium.

They tore down the old suites for the current tower in January if memory serves. They only missed one game at the Bill too. It was a fast build.

Two fewer levels to build but a lot more ground to cover.

I can see them meeting their goal. I bet they didn't want to miss out on being able to have 20k+ average their first FBS season.

Also, I retract my reasoning for waiting until 2019 for GameDay. 2018 against ODU seems appropriate.
New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]