Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Band is over 260 this year from what I heard...probably good to move them out of the student side...Also allows for greater coverage with the music too
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the school paper, with our stadium expansion, we will be tied for the 4th largest college football stadium in Virginia behind:
1. Virginia Tech
2. UVa
3. Norfolk State

Both Liberty and JMU will be tied with 25,000 seat stadiums. But I'm really surprised that we aren't adding a few more seats to have a stadium larger than JMU, which is still FCS.
Cider Jim wrote:According to the school paper, with our stadium expansion, we will be tied for the 4th largest college football stadium in Virginia behind:
1. Virginia Tech
2. UVa
3. Norfolk State

Both Liberty and JMU will be tied with 25,000 seat stadiums. But I'm really surprised that we aren't adding a few more seats to have a stadium larger than JMU, which is still FCS.
Blink twice, they'll expand it again.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think it would be hilarious is LUnjust put one chair out in the middle of some place in the stadium so it could have exactly one seat more capacity than JMU. That would be all kinds of smack talk awesome. Call it the 'Capacity Chair' or something. Make it a Lazy Boy Recliner on the corner of the field or something. Have fun with it. Own it.
So, crazy thought here. The current three sections they're working on looks too large to be footers for the upper deck. They've mentioned loge seating, placing it there could keep it dry in inclimate weather and allow them to install electronics in loge sections.

The footers on the home side are only about 3'x4'.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I'm wondering about a couple of things.

1. I like adding the deck to the "Student side". It balances out the stadium. BUT, my question is who will be sitting there?

Are we going to make the new section GA seats?

Are we going to move the "Visitors section" which is currently on the Baptist side closest to the F.O.C.?

I doubt we would put the visitors on the student side.

The visitors section is currently section 109. For teams that bring a lot of away fans (Tech, Syracuse, ODU, Marshall, etc)...does the admin decide to make the away section 108 & 109 and 208 and 209.

And then the new deck becomes a part baptist/part student overflow on the student side.

But then do that have to have another ticket gate?

Thoughts or suggestions?
There was a ticket trailer between the FOC and Baseball Saturday. They're also showing the new ticket office where the student concession stand is after the student expansion is done.

I think visitors should be on the student side. Put them in the sections closest to the FOC and expand as necessary to the opponent. I think Army, ODU, UMass and the like should travel well enough to fill 1 to 1.5 sections.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote:If the "footers" are for the lodge seating, then those are like just a step down from the suites, but they are on the student side. So at least part of the student side has to become GA, no?
I think the loge seats will be the top rows in front of the club. I don't think they go in until 2019.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Make them buy the chair. Very Trump-like.
Genius idea! :clapping Even if it did come from a guy from Morgantown who was one of my students years ago. Study
By LUAlum1215
Class of 20Something wrote:So, crazy thought here. The current three sections they're working on looks too large to be footers for the upper deck. They've mentioned loge seating, placing it there could keep it dry in inclimate weather and allow them to install electronics in loge sections.

The footers on the home side are only about 3'x4'.
I went and checked out the boxes last week. The large rectangles that are visible are wood painted gray. Only the one closest to the FOC has any concrete poured, and it's a fairly small amount. They made the boxes so large out of an abundance of caution knowing students would be over there. The concrete that is there, I was told last week, is the indeed the footer but will also have a row of seats replaced on it. It's difficult to explain but if you walk over and look at it you may understand. It made sense to me when I saw it.
By LUAlum1215
jimflamesfan wrote:I'm wondering about a couple of things.

1. I like adding the deck to the "Student side". It balances out the stadium. BUT, my question is who will be sitting there?

Are we going to make the new section GA seats?

Are we going to move the "Visitors section" which is currently on the Baptist side closest to the F.O.C.?

I doubt we would put the visitors on the student side.

The visitors section is currently section 109. For teams that bring a lot of away fans (Tech, Syracuse, ODU, Marshall, etc)...does the admin decide to make the away section 108 & 109 and 208 and 209.

And then the new deck becomes a part baptist/part student overflow on the student side.

But then do that have to have another ticket gate?

Thoughts or suggestions?
I could be mistaken but I thought IM said in a recent interview they were planning to move the visitors section to the east side, as well as have room for a band if any team chose to bring one.

Also, the virtual tour of the expansion seemed to show two entrances on the east side so I would imagine a ticket window will be on that side as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Doesn't JMU still owe us one?

They bought out.
was that before or after we beat them in the playoffs causing a bit of a meltdown on their board?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
JK37 wrote:Make them buy the chair. Very Trump-like.
Genius idea! :clapping Even if it did come from a guy from Morgantown who was one of my students years ago. Study
Aw, shucks! I can feel the love.

A couple small corrections: Syracuse doesn't travel well. Not for football at least. And neither does UMass.

Why not put students in second deck?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If JMU brought us out, how did they get away without paying.

JMU is a ______________ school. I hate even driving by it on I-81 when I travel north. Thankfully I only do it about once a year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]