Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
tyndal23 wrote:Check out what Troy is doing in their North End Zone. I predict something similar for LU soon.
I would prefer something more like Ainslie football complex at ODU. Troys looks weird with how high up the stands are.
Ewglenn wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:Check out what Troy is doing in their North End Zone. I predict something similar for LU soon.
I would prefer something more like Ainslie football complex at ODU. Troys looks weird with how high up the stands are.
This makes sense is IM has influence. More suites for big donors is his MO.
Stadium update,

West View - The risers are almost complete and should be done tomorrow. The southern tower is coming along quickly as well.

North View - Most of the berm is in place, it looks like maybe the base of another scoreboard is being poured behind the goalpost. That's my only guess on that project.

East View - Early morning viewing shows all the plumbing hookups prepared for the restrooms and concessions.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
This makes sense is IM has influence. More suites for big donors is his MO.
I think it would be a big draw money wise but would also make the stadium feel more intimidating. The way the building is right next to the end zone is very claustrophobic and I love it. ODU’s stadium is a dump but that facility is definitely top notch.
By Old Red
That’s a good call. Keep the student side & upper deck clear for fans & help make a lot more noise on that end of the field.
The place is gonna be noticeably louder this year, even on any low attendance days. Closing in the stadium the way they have is gonna trap a lot noise. Can’t wait!
TH Spangler wrote:I walked on the field Sunday and looked up at the new deck and all I have to say is, we have a lot of seats to fill.
q

Not a problem, just build a smaller stadium for low attended games.

The new deck looks like it is at a steeper angle than the West deck. Anyone that has seen it in person feel this way?
Old Red wrote:That’s a good call. Keep the student side & upper deck clear for fans & help make a lot more noise on that end of the field.
The place is gonna be noticeably louder this year, even on any low attendance days. Closing in the stadium the way they have is gonna trap a lot noise. Can’t wait!
I agree, that end zone will keep a bunch of noise in the stadium.
TH Spangler wrote:I walked on the field Sunday and looked up at the new deck and all I have to say is, we have a lot of seats to fill.
If we win, I think we will fill them. With that said, our future opponents should be a better draw than BSC schools and Saint Francis.
I usually sit in section 203, but I can't even find that section amoung the pricing options. :dontgetit It looks like no GA on the Baptist side. :shock:
Ticket prices are official!

East side General admission -$60
West Side Bleacher RESERVED(No Flames Club) -$75
East Side Bench back Reserved(No Flames Club) -$90
West Side Bench back Reserved (Flames Club) -$120
West Side Chair back Reserved (Flames Club) -$150
CCWMichael wrote:Credit card is at the ready for the 9th.
So, wwhere will the visitors be seated and where will visiting bands go?
By the map the visitors will have the lower and upper section closest to the practice facility. I believe that is also where the locker room is going to be so that makes sense.
LUGrad2000 wrote:
q

The new deck looks like it is at a steeper angle than the West deck. Anyone that has seen it in person feel this way?
Yes, and it looks like when all the brick work is done it will be as high or or maybe slightly higher than the west side.
amar0819 wrote:What is being constructed in the end zone? From the North Camera I can't tell what is going down the hill...
There's a better view in the pic I posted the other day. I'm theorizing it's a band pit and those are stair cases to both sides of it.
Class of 20Something wrote:
amar0819 wrote:What is being constructed in the end zone? From the North Camera I can't tell what is going down the hill...
There's a better view in the pic I posted the other day. I'm theorizing it's a band pit and those are stair cases to both sides of it.
Are you referring to the link that just leads me to a big minus symbol?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]