Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Went down to the baseball game yesterday. First time i had been down since February. Yeah pics dont it justice. It looks legit and yes there are a lot of seats ha. The entire area really looks like an athletics area of the campus like you would see at p5 schools. Have agree about the op center. It actually looks kinda small and dated now. Is the new scoreboard actually on top? If not i could see us going up a couple levels and refacing the exterior to match the brick on the stadium and practice facility.

This is truly the golden age of facilities for us it only goes down from here haha.
Sly Fox wrote:My sentiments exactly! Welcome back from the shadows, Medic! It should no surprise that construction updates would be the catalyst to get him talking.
one of the few things that got me thru the scheißt-storm of my life for the last year and half

all good now tho
The pics do look great! I guess they don't have the west side concourse blocked off the way they used to. The berm is gonna look great once they get turf on it. Hopefully in time for Commencement.
It's interesting that they drilled on the field side of the FOC. I guess whenever they build, they'll move the entire structure closer to the end zone. That'll be great! It'll really help close it in and trap the crowd noise.
Glad to hear that you have emerged out the other side, Medic. You were indeed missed.

As for the berm, will it be too steep to use for overflow seating? That hadn't occurred to me until looking at the pics.
That. Is. Awesome.

In the meantime, I thought it might be worthwhile to list the construction camera links once again.

East View

West View

North View

Sadly the higher definition Freedom Tower cameras haven't been working lately. When they swing the east view toward the stadium it is intoxicating and makes me much less productive at work.
I think it is a great solution for the next decade or so, IF they go all out on the interior and pimp the lounge and locker room. It looks a little odd with the all glass on the north side where entrance currently is - wouldn’t be surprised to see some fine tuning on certain things on exterior. Excited to see interior plans. Nice work Ian andJR !!!
Love the look of the new FOC. You can tell the finished product will be first class. Great idea to incorporate the recruiting area & Soccer locker rooms into it as well.

I think one of my favorite features in the rendering is first floor extension towards the end zone, & patio area on the 2nd level. That gives it a great look.

JLFJR, I have a question for you. Is the patio level going to be a “party deck/fan area” for VIPs or students? I think that could create an awesome atmosphere for that end zone. I’m thinking of something like the balcony in the ice rink, but on a much grander scale.

Look forward to hearing/seeing more of the plans as the months roll by. I echo everyone else in saying GREAT JOB!
ballcoach15 wrote:I wish we would have a permanent tunnel coming out of FOC rather than the inflatable one.
It's something that is only needed on game day. It would just be taking up space 359 days a year, and IMHO it would also detract from the aesthetic of the building.
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I wish we would have a permanent tunnel coming out of FOC rather than the inflatable one.
It's something that is only needed on game day. It would just be taking up space 359 days a year, and IMHO it would also detract from the aesthetic of the building.
Yeah I’m fine with the inflatable one.
Ewglenn wrote:
olldflame wrote:
Yeah I’m fine with the inflatable one.
Oddly enough I agree with ballcoach on this one. Maybe not a tunnel per se, but some sort of an arbor or extended archway that would be permanent and fit in with the overall look of the stadium. The inflatable tunnel kind of screams amatuerishness to me.
My issue with a permanent feature is it will extenuate my least favorite reality of the stadium. The front door is not centered on the goal post. The wobbly inflatable tunnel disguises this.

Crazy idea though. On field standing room fan section for fans to be on both sides of the "tunnel". Think of the bar the Cowboys walk through in Dallas. Fans have awesome, close access to the team. Social media posts from that would be huge. Obviously everyone returns to their seats after, but would make for some great pictures of the atmosphere at LU.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]