Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Old Red
I’m willing to bet plans for the West (Baptist) side expansion are still in the works. I think the links you shared showed the 3rd, or 4th, possibility of what it could look like.
I’m confident they not only want it to meet seating/experience expectations, but LOOK really good as well.
Shoot, they were already well into the East side expansion before we saw some finalized imagery (I still wouldn’t be shocked if they have a subtle change or two up their sleeves).
I’m very curious to see what other West side renderings get released between now & the final home game of the ‘18 season.
Old Red wrote:I’m willing to bet plans for the West (Baptist) side expansion are still in the works. I think the links you shared showed the 3rd, or 4th, possibility of what it could look like.
I’m confident they not only want it to meet seating/experience expectations, but LOOK really good as well.
Shoot, they were already well into the East side expansion before we saw some finalized imagery (I still wouldn’t be shocked if they have a subtle change or two up their sleeves).
I’m very curious to see what other West side renderings get released between now & the final home game of the ‘18 season.
Hope they add a couple of new large elevators for club / suite and press level. Use the old elevators as service elevators.
That would free up a massive amount of space on the Baptist side for the loge seating. However, the field logo would be upside down for broadcasts and you wouldn't have the student section as the natural backdrop. I could see it as supplementary but not as a replacement.
Class of 20Something wrote:That would free up a massive amount of space on the Baptist side for the loge seating.
It's not a massive amount of space, maybe 1/3 of the 5th floor. That space has already been claimed and it's not for loge boxes.
jcmanson wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:That would free up a massive amount of space on the Baptist side for the loge seating.
It's not a massive amount of space, maybe 1/3 of the 5th floor. That space has already been claimed and it's not for loge boxes.
Well SHARE
They should add two large elevators on each end for club goers. Use one of the old elevators for those going to private suites and use the second old one for staff and food service caterers.

The east side press box should have a nice set of stairs for Jon, so he can stay fit. :D .
By tyndal23
FOC upgrade - I wouldn't be shocked to see FOC upgrade very soon, it is a very nice FCS facility, but new wave of Power 5 Locker Rooms has put it at a disadvantage for recruiting and an area that LU could focus on now. I could see an expansion out and up to existing building without disrupting team too much, challenge will be an external aesthetic appeal while leaving options for seating capacity around it for the future ( if that is the end they want to add seats ) The east side of FOC is a bit hampered with the Indoor Facility leaving little room.
tyndal23 wrote:FOC upgrade - I wouldn't be shocked to see FOC upgrade very soon, it is a very nice FCS facility, but new wave of Power 5 Locker Rooms has put it at a disadvantage for recruiting and an area that LU could focus on now. I could see an expansion out and up to existing building without disrupting team too much, challenge will be an external aesthetic appeal while leaving options for seating capacity around it for the future ( if that is the end they want to add seats ) The east side of FOC is a bit hampered with the Indoor Facility leaving little room.
On this, one of the reasons that may expedite this process is NCAA regulations for weather. If there is a thunderstorm while the team is in the FOC, the team cannot go to the IPF to practice because the student athletes would have to LEAVE a sheltered building in order to do so. When this project inevitably happens, I have no doubts that an authorized link between the two buildings will be part of it.
I recall watching a student interview that discussed about the FOC building. From what I remembered from it, they are going upgrade by building a new FOC facility. This may happen in the 2020's, although the new basketball arena was supposed to be built in that decade also.
By Old Red
I’m gonna throw some gas on this fire.
I was on campus for a few minutes this evening & decided to get a closer, field level, view of the stadium.
When I went around to the East side of the FOC, I found a bore-drilling rig that had dug a test hole in the parking lot about 15 off the corner of the FOC. Nowhere near the current construction.
You don’t bore holes into parking lots unless you are planning to do something else with that space. I’m willing to bet you also don’t do it until you need data for whatever plans you’re working on.
It makes sense to build now with rates and construction costs low and one reason I thought was when the posts for scoreboard went in to south endzone and no work has started on north board upgrade -a possible change of heart to hold off until new FOC gets built and they announce construction to start at end of 2018 season / simultaneous with west side upgrade. Maybe I am reaching but we wil know soon...
Old Red wrote:I’m gonna throw some gas on this fire.
I was on campus for a few minutes this evening & decided to get a closer, field level, view of the stadium.
When I went around to the East side of the FOC, I found a bore-drilling rig that had dug a test hole in the parking lot about 15 off the corner of the FOC. Nowhere near the current construction.
You don’t bore holes into parking lots unless you are planning to do something else with that space. I’m willing to bet you also don’t do it until you need data for whatever plans you’re working on.
They waited to bore for the new basketball arena until after the announcement. They must have something concrete.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]