Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Since we are not eligible for BSC Championship, I say have no BSC Logos in stadium.

Question: If a BSC school beats LU, will it count in standings for that school ?

yes
TH Spangler wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:But put the new Big South logo on the jerseys.
Speaking of jerseys, when do you think we'll see players names on jerseys? 2018?
I wouldn't even hate having bible verses by position group on the uniforms. I want to see an LB corps with Ezekiel 25:17.

Just don't have the QB wear 2 Cor 5:7.
TH Spangler wrote:Anyone know what type of seats we've selected? ODU is adding 2,012 seats in 2019 and their bleachers are gone, everyone gets ballpark type seating with arms and backs. 55 million.
I hope not. Those aren't big boy friendly. All I want is seatback bleachers with cup holders on the next row down.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:Anyone know what type of seats we've selected? ODU is adding 2,012 seats in 2019 and their bleachers are gone, everyone gets ballpark type seating with arms and backs. 55 million.
I hope not. Those aren't big boy friendly. All I want is seatback bleachers with cup holders on the next row down.
While I'm no "big boy" I agree I like the seatback bleachers the best.
Ewglenn wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
While I'm no "big boy" I agree I like the seatback bleachers the best.
Nor am I.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the stadium became seatback with the exception of the student section. I can't imagine it's THAT much more expensive and it will help justify the impending price increase.
Class of 20Something wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the stadium became seatback with the exception of the student section. I can't imagine it's THAT much more expensive and it will help justify the impending price increase.
ODU Plans

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ ... a4f08.html

The renovation includes demolishing and replacing the east and west- side stands. Seating would increase modestly from 20,118 to 22,100, but fan amenities, including about 16,000 chairback seats and new restrooms and concessions facilities, would be major upgrades.
LUGrad2000 wrote:http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... 00440.html

Good article on the two upcoming expansion phases.

Looks like they will expand the home/West side tower instead of a new one on student side.
That's phase 2. The 5800 seat second deck and entrance are first on the docket. Construction fencing is already up on the student side.
By LUOrange
Hopefully those amphitheater-type seats in the corner next to the student section will be for the band. I'm guesssing 30K with seats in the bowl, at least 35K if they added a second deck in the bowl. The build-it-as-you-need-it approach makes sense, although, I'm not sure if I like the loge thingy's.
By LUAlum1215
Construction has already started on the east side stands. Over the past week or two they began removing small sections of bleachers, building the footers for upper deck supports, and replacing bleachers. The hope is to have all footers complete before this season ends so they can start the heavy lifting as soon as the final game is played.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
thepostman wrote:so those end zone seats are staying, huh? Is that to make up for the temp bleachers moved from up top of the student section? Will it increase seating at all or will it be about the same?
End zone seats are for the band
New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]