Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

So I just toyed with the two game passes online and second row of 214(new upper deck on the 50) still has seats available. Kind of disappointed in that.

I wonder how the ticket sales will "fill out" each section on game day. I'm sure an algorithm will try to space everyone out so that 80% looks like it's full.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Tuesday/Wednesday games are the problem that can't shake most G5 scheduling. An occassional Thursday or Friday game is OK in Virginia. Scheduling Friday games here in Texas is sacrilegious and blows back so much on schools who have done it that the practice is all but abandoned down here. You don't mess with Friday Night Lights in Texas.
By tyndal23
Labor Day Weekend is a bit different - T,F,S,M - all have games. An October Friday night game in Lynchburg against G5 teams when we can't play P5 due to schedule should be sought after every year for a while for national eyeballs as well, and any Thursday game ( harder to schedule with ESPN based on the popularity/demand ) any time we can get it.
tyndal23 wrote:Labor Day Weekend is a bit different - T,F,S,M - all have games. An October Friday night game in Lynchburg against G5 teams when we can't play P5 due to schedule should be sought after every year for a while for national eyeballs as well, and any Thursday game ( harder to schedule with ESPN based on the popularity/demand ) any time we can get it.
Two words that might pose a problem with that...conference play. October is the start of conference play for a lot of schools (the ones who don't schedule conference games the first couple weeks of the season FOR television...see VT-FSU for example)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If we already are playing them on our schedule the date that the game is played for TV purposes won't be an issue. The issue with weekday games is it limits out-of-town folks from attending the game. Considering the location of most of our alumni, that is definitely a factor in decision-making.
Right - you simply adjust an existing game / contract from Sat to Fri - pretty sure any G5 or Indy we play in Oct would agree to it for National TV coverage. Wouldn't be surprised to see that as early as 2019...How many out of state alumni coming in for a G5 opponent anyway? probably not enough to pass up national TV - ( one layer of my building a National Brand Master Plan soap box I have been pushing for )
BJWilliams wrote:College Gameday...my pipe dream I tweeted JLFJR and AD McCaw about...I wish the power of FlameFans/ASOR could get behind that idea
What kind of pipe were you smoking? First week of the season and CGD would want to come to LU? It would be great, but has the same chance of us going undefeated this year.
BJWilliams wrote:Man, I share your thoughts on the coaching situation but did you soak your wet blanket extra long?
It is called REALITY, not a wet blanket. 8) I would like to date Kimberly Guilfoil more than you want CGD to come to LU. Reality is.................. neither is going to happen in my lifetime.
flameshaw wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Man, I share your thoughts on the coaching situation but did you soak your wet blanket extra long?
It is called REALITY, not a wet blanket. 8) I would like to date Kimberly Guilfoil more than you want CGD to come to LU. Reality is.................. neither is going to happen in my lifetime.
The fact you dream of dating Kimberly Guilfoyle shows what a sick, sad demented individual. But she is a horrible human being so you two might be a match made in Heaven
Purple Haize wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
The fact you dream of dating Kimberly Guilfoyle shows what a sick, sad demented individual. But she is a horrible human being so you two might be a match made in Heaven
Sorry that was over your head. :)
ballcoach15 wrote:I heard a rumor that fans will no longer be allowed on the field after game ends, as in past years.
I have heard that from a reliable source as well. They're going to have their hands full trying to enforce that if we beat ODU.
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot see "rushing the field" by beating ODU. Wait until we beat somebody big. i.e. a Power 5 conference school.
We rushed the field when we beat VMI when I was a freshmen...college students are dumb. Haha
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot see "rushing the field" by beating ODU. Wait until we beat somebody big. i.e. a Power 5 conference school.
We rushed the field when we beat VMI when I was a freshmen...college students are dumb. Haha
It's all about the moment. And it only takes one knucklehead to get it started and then like lemmings over the cliff they all go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Didn't LU students "rush the field" at Williams Stadium when we beat Baylor IN Waco? :dontgetit
I remember rushing the field in Rocco's inaugural season. We were 5-5 and playing the regular season finale at home against a top 25 Chucky South team. I can't remember what the final score was, but I felt like we beat them soundly as the student section was chanting "overrated". Not going to lie, it was pretty cool rushing the field!
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]