Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, that's Nov. 24.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The east side is the new side, right?

I couldn’t imagine the sun for any game between 3-7 on that side. It’s directly on you. May feel good in mid October. Will cook you in September.
Yeah , I'm not looking forward to the Sun. It was the only negative I had in a long list of pros and cons picking out seats. Several of the games will be later in the year and maybe the temperature wont be a huge factor. Need to invest in refillable giant drink cup.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I love teaching students but don't want them standing in front of me at football games, so that's why I got the first row of the upper deck on the Baptist side. :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That's okay: my vision is better than my hearing. :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not as good as yours, ballcoach. You're on the field!
So I finally deduced the concrete being removed from the staircases at the Bill. Someone left the blueprints out on the field Friday. They are installing three WiFi access points every three rows throughout the entire lower portion of the stadium. I thought Ian walked back this promise for the next phase of construction, so this could be a pleasant surprise to help keep the ever connected crowds in the stadium. I have since heard speed rumors of 20Mbps down for each user as the end goal. We should not have any problem streaming other high profile games on Saturdays.
Jonathan Carone wrote:Damien’s piece last week said every person in attendance should be able to stream video on their phone.
Damien wrote:In addition, the university has installed additional fiber optic cables throughout the stadium to create 624 wireless access points and provide enough bandwidth to all 25,000 spectators to stream video and use Wi-Fi calling.
So he did!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Have you seen ballcoach's PHONE? I think he's still on a Gretna party line and has to ask Sarah to ring a number for him. :fineprint :oldhag
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 14th, 2018, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man_the_kay wrote:I found videos of Williams Stadium expansion. He uploaded several videos related with expansion projects include FOC, Liberty arena.
It's little bit boring for me, but who knows you guys may like those.

In this video
at the 15 minute mark there is a rendering of Phase 2 of the Baptist side that I have not seen in detain. The video also has some images of the front of the FOC expansion.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Man_the_kay wrote:I found videos of Williams Stadium expansion. He uploaded several videos related with expansion projects include FOC, Liberty arena.
It's little bit boring for me, but who knows you guys may like those.

In this video
at the 15 minute mark there is a rendering of Phase 2 of the Baptist side that I have not seen in detain. The video also has some images of the front of the FOC expansion.
the new FOC design will be top notch of entire stadium. Also I see loge box seats on the top of the west deck.
I can't wait to see next phase of Williams stadium.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone seen this Facebook video??? If you pause it at 21 seconds, you will see Sparky at the concession stand ordering ONION RINGS and NACHOS that have chili, 2 kinds of cheeses, and jalapeño peppers!!!

Thank you Ian for making our concessions FBS ready. Take my money now!

Cider Jim wrote:Has anyone seen this Facebook video??? If you pause it at 21 seconds, you will see Sparky at the concession stand ordering ONION RINGS and NACHOS that have chili, 2 kinds of cheeses, and jalapeño peppers!!!

Thank you Ian for making our concessions FBS ready. Take my money now!

But how warm are they?
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]