Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

TH Spangler wrote:From most recent pictures it looks like they dropped the two flaming torches above the main gate.
That is probably the case. Another reason I believe they’ve done so is because of future expansion. As the guy in the video(I believe it was the news & advance video) stated, the Bill can always expand into more stages and if the supporters/fans continue to gain an influx at home games, then th stadium can build another row in hopefully the next couple years.
Ewglenn wrote:Just some sizes of end zone/football operations facilities in FBS: (LU FOC 48k)

CCU 55.4k sqft
Troy 70k sqft
Boise St 70k sqft
App State 87.4k sqft (planned)
Oklahoma 132k sqft
Mizzou 200k sqft
Seeing the plans for the FOC that will put us slightly higher than Boise St
ballah09 wrote:I’m interested to see what amenities they’re going to have in the players lounge. Knowing Jr and McCaw the players lounge should be up there with the elites.
Hopefully they will be creative with it and not just go over the top like Texas did with a huge flatscreen TV at every locker. I do like their idea of a ventilation system to keep things dry and fresh (especially the helmet) 8)

[youtube]NVC3UziHeGk[/youtube]

7 million just for the locker room upgrades. :shock:
PAmedic wrote:Jake Shellenberger posted some nice pics on his Instagram
Who are you, and why are you on the board Copper?

This AstroTurf doesn't require any rubber pellets. It is built more like a short bramuda than the thin blade stuff used on field surfaces.

The bench seating for the new section is already on site but not installed. There were conflicting reports on the seating being in place for commencement. From the images of the FOC expansion, I believe the new screen will be placed on the front edge of the FOC. The north west rendering shows a building seam on the south side of the new FOC where the new facade will be.
20Something, is that a current pic? I guess we'll also have berm seating for graduation. :clapping
Cider Jim wrote:20Something, is that a current pic? I guess we'll also have berm seating for graduation. :clapping
That was this afternoon. I only live about 2 miles from campus and my wife had a Facebook Marketplace Meetup on campus. Good enough excuse for me!
Class of 20Something wrote:

This AstroTurf doesn't require any rubber pellets. It is built more like a short bramuda than the thin blade stuff used on field surfaces.
What holds it in place?
PAmedic wrote:

What holds it in place?
They had buckets of turf adhesive. I haven't a clue as to how that works.

The bench seating for the new section is already on site but not installed. There were conflicting reports on the seating being in place for commencement. From the images of the FOC expansion, I believe the new screen will be placed on the front edge of the FOC. The north west rendering shows a building seam on the south side of the new FOC where the new facade will be.
Class of 20 Something - go take another pic - North Construction Cam has been down since Friday - killing me...
tyndal23 wrote:

Class of 20 Something - go take another pic - North Construction Cam has been down since Friday - killing me...
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]