Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

PAmedic wrote:Loge boxes going in on the old guys side IIRC
Love the pic, PA! Sorry man, over a year away has some pent up sarcasm I need to let out.

There's too much going on with this expansion to not have weekly photo updates. We need more pics from the SOR team. Cmon Manson, step up your game!
Maybe someone has already pointed this out nd I’ve just missed it....what are the tower column things used for on the newly expanded side? They cut into the seating at the top, which is interested, so I figured they had to have a purpose?
I wondered that too. Maybe elevators?

LFSN posted 2 new videos of the construction on their Twitter.

Scoreboard is down
Sly Fox wrote:I have no direct knowledge, but I have assumed there were elevator shafts in each of them for ADA compliance.
I wondered this too, but there shouldn’t be any ADA seating where those are placed. Consider me intrigued.

Tv camera wells wouldn’t make the most sense since it takes so much out of potention seating. The lack on seating symmetry drives my perfectionism personalty nuts.
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:I have no direct knowledge, but I have assumed there were elevator shafts in each of them for ADA compliance.
I wondered this too, but there shouldn’t be any ADA seating where those are placed. Consider me intrigued.

Tv camera wells wouldn’t make the most sense since it takes so much out of potention seating. The lack on seating symmetry drives my perfectionism personalty nuts.
It actually creates symmetry. The shortened section on the east side should be the same height as what is currently on the west. Meaning a perfectly even second deck for the horse shoe. It appears as if they planned two expansions ahead.
Ewglenn wrote:So I have a question for y’all. Do you think the expansion of the pressbox a while back would have been drastically different if IM would have been in charge?

I think that's yet to be determined. I want to see how everything shakes out. I've heard of press moving to the student tower, I've also heard of the "box coaches" moving over there. I don't think the video press would move to the new upper deck, but audio broadcast and box coaches could without affecting the "product."

If you meant what IM would have done in 2010, the University was in a different place then versus today. I think the facility built was appropriate for a top spending FCS program with FBS ambitions.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:So I have a question for y’all. Do you think the expansion of the pressbox a while back would have been drastically different if IM would have been in charge?

I think that's yet to be determined. I want to see how everything shakes out. I've heard of press moving to the student tower, I've also heard of the "box coaches" moving over there. I don't think the video press would move to the new upper deck, but audio broadcast and box coaches could without affecting the "product."

If you meant what IM would have done in 2010, the University was in a different place then versus today. I think the facility built was appropriate for a top spending FCS program with FBS ambitions.
I was referring to 2010. I just wonder what, if anything, would have been different with him around.
Went to seat selection day Thursday and got a chance to walk around the stadium. Pictures don't do it justice. When they finish the FOC and wrap the hill with seats Williams stadium will be the prettiest football stadium in Virginia. While I was there they started hanging the ribbon board on the student side.
The coaches boxes are not changing sides. If they did move, that would mean the visiting coaches can watch the signals coming in from the home side and pick up tendencies.

The new press box will accommodate the press (print, online and radio) and game operations. The television broadcasters and coaches boxes will remain in their current locations on the Baptist side.
Class of 20Something wrote:

I love how even Damien calls the west bleachers "the Baptist side." Can't we trademark that and make it official? :fineprint
This is for Ballcoach, PH, CJ and the others about food options:

DS: “The expansion on the east side of the stadium will include more concession stands for those fans. But fans, especially those who have sat on that side, really enjoy the food trucks. Will we see those food trucks returning for the upcoming season?”

IM: “We’ll certainly broaden the menu beyond what [it’s] been in the past in terms of concessions. I think our fans will be really excited about that. As part of the 2019 renovation, we’ve talked about adding a kitchen where food can actually be prepared onsite, which I think would give us a lot more flexibility. We want to continue to have that festive, carnival atmosphere. There will be food trucks incorporated on game day, both pregame and in game for our activities. We’re beginning a Flames Fanfest pregame event, and we’ll have some details on that a little bit later. I think that will be a great opportunity for people to come and show up a couple of hours before game, enjoy a tailgate experience and then take in a football game. That’s important for us as we continue to build the Liberty football brand and continue to grow within our fan base.”

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/damie ... 785ca.html
Jonathan Carone wrote:If you read that please at least click the link so Damien gets credit for the views.
I can read the article in Explorer, but when I click on it through Google Chrome, all the text is grayed out in blocks (and I even have a subscription to the paper). Anyone know why that is?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]