Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Class of 20Something wrote: It appears artificial is going to be used inside.
This link shows images of what the stadium will look like when completed:

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... wsID=18803

It appears that on the hill above the south endzone, most of the green turf will display a huge LU logo. :clapping
Maybe we have discussed this before, but in the same link it appears that is a small seating area in the left corner of the hill above the south endzone.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... wsID=18803

Could that be reserved for our marching band?
I'm not sure Cider but that would be a great position for them. My question is how will the marching band enter the stadium? Will they wrap around University Blvd or will there still be an access area for them and the football team to enter as they walk/march towards the stadium on University Blvd?
Class of 20Something wrote:The corner was scrapped. They will be on field and center. Those pics are from last August.

The two stair cases down the berm will likely be how the band enters the stadium.
Center of what? The hill above the endzone? Or somehow behind between the players and the stands? :dontgetit
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:The corner was scrapped. They will be on field and center. Those pics are from last August.

The two stair cases down the berm will likely be how the band enters the stadium.
Center of what? The hill above the endzone? Or somehow behind between the players and the stands? :dontgetit
Center on the endzone. Look at just in front of the new retaining wall.

I say no way the whole band fits in that small area. Look at the saw horses sitting there for scale. They took up most of a section of seats on the student side. That looks like half that much area at best.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
The band will then walk down the two sets of steps onto the field and do pregame music and then retire to the stands in the endzone and remain there until halftime is what I'm guessing.
I can see the band going single file down the steps and then splitting into their traditional quad file once they get on the field...either way, that expansion looks downright sick...I really want to make a trip or two or three for a home game now
[youtube]w2mI0hGJlf4[/youtube]

this video( liberty ad )
shows a great view of east side entrance that is very cool and that I hadn't seen from any prior renderings. Makes stadium look very big from east side view point.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Band location is very similar to WVU. And others. Popular recent trend. Several stadiums have added band area at field level in end zone without major stadium expansion like LU’s.
By Old Red
Just got my “Rise With Us” season ticket packet for Football. The section about stadium expansion lists a “New Family Section in the South end zone”. I guess that’s our mystery seating section.
Not a bad idea.
I guess the marching band will stay on the edge of the student section?
Old Red wrote:I guess the marching band will stay on the edge of the student section?
No, I'm still hearing south endzone for the marching band, with the first row of seats being field level, and then going up towards the hill after that.
Right, bring a blanket and relax on the hill (aka, berm) with your family.
So looking at the price points for the new season, the cheapest bleachers and benchbacks are both on the new upper deck. I think this is a smart strategic move to make sure the stadium looks good and full on TV broadcasts. Also, with GA overflowing onto the berm, shots toward the south endzone will have the band and a populated berm.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]