Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Neo wrote:I wonder how long it will be before the new suite areas are downsized to accommodate a larger Chancellor's suite?
1 game
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The WSET Facebook page has posted about our stadium expansion, with about 20 comments from the locals, including our own beloved ballcoach.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ABC13News/posts/
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Frankly, I have a hard time taking the comments by the locals very seriously. They were making some of the same uninformed and ill-advised statements in the comments section on articles posted on the web by the local fish wrap, so this is merely more of the same. Frankly, I'd like to serve a good dose of Christian love while correcting the clearly faulty logic used by some, but it wouldn't be worth the time invested.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
The photos that ASOR put out, and the photos that the school put out have several differences.

The main difference I see is the expansion of the Baptist side to include 2 Towers on the end with additional suites. The schools photos do not show that expansion.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have often seen the "power of FlameFans (now ASoR)" manifested in a lot of things that have happened in relation to the school, but I wouldn't go so far as to give them that much credit in this case.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Neo wrote:I wonder how long it will be before the new suite areas are downsized to accommodate a larger Chancellor's suite?
Chancellor's suite is already double the size of the others, don't really see a need to make it bigger. It does get fairly crowded on Homecoming and big games though. They have tiered seating in one half that makes the seating capacity pretty significant.

There are still suite(s) available for this season, so not sure how many more suites are required in the short term.
BJWilliams wrote:I have often seen the "power of FlameFans (now ASoR)" manifested in a lot of things that have happened in relation to the school, but I wouldn't go so far as to give them that much credit in this case.
I would
R i wrote:The LU official Pics are phase 1, and the other pics that ASOR tweeted are phase 2 ?
You're tracking.

I think for the CUP they included low resolution renderings of the finished work, where the LU Official render was just for what will be ready in 2019.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Baldspot1 wrote:I am surprised there doesn't seem to be any suites on the student side. I thought they were a cash cow.
The drawings above show phase 1&2, which perhaps mask the apparent addition of suites on the "Baptist" side. Compare with these pics for reference:
If you can sell them.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:If you can sell them.
I agree completely. But you want to build in capacity growth under these circumstances. The marquee game strategy certainly helps in the sales component.

And is it just me or does the bigger the stadium grows, the dinkier the FOC appears?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:And is it just me or does the bigger the stadium grows, the dinkier the FOC appears?
Yes, esp. if they take the scoreboard/jumbotron off the top of it, which made the building look much larger than it was.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:And is it just me or does the bigger the stadium grows, the dinkier the FOC appears?
Yes, esp. if they take the scoreboard/jumbotron off the top of it, which made the building look much larger than it was.
I thought I read on here that they were planning on expanding the FOC like building a completely bigger one?
ballah09 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
I thought I read on here that they were planning on expanding the FOC like building a completely bigger one?
Logistically that would be a nightmare of a location. I think we are going to see a Baylor-esque screen the width of the FOC. I did some research on the video board at Baylor, because we have IM. From the wiki.
McLane Stadium Wiki wrote:The stadium includes a large high-definition LED video board behind the south end zone. The board is 5,029 square feet, ranking as the 13th largest college football video board in the nation as of April 2014.

McLane also features ribbon displays around the stadium's horseshoe configuration, measuring 1,254 feet in length. To complement the video board, Baylor released an in-game mobile app that enables fans to stream live footage, watch game replays from a variety of angles, and access current game statistics. To accommodate usage of the app, the stadium is outfitted with free Wi-Fi.
Liberty has already said that data will be part of the expansion. I can imagine LFSN being part of releasing such an app for LU too! With students and alumni globally, the could charge $25 for the season and discount it for donors, season ticket holders or students. Get Liberty football into people's hands. If they could do push notifications broken down to user preferance for scores in other sports like the ESPN app it could really be valuable.
By willflop
Kricket wrote:Anyone have any idea how many seats finishing the horse shoe would add. Maybe 30-35k total capacity?
The old plan was 4k for mid deck on student side, and then 6600 in the shoe, getting it to 30k total. Although the overall look is different, I think the seat count holds. So, we should hit 30k on the next phase, unless they decide to strecth the mid deck into the shoe at the same time.
By willflop
Logistically that would be a nightmare of a location. I think we are going to see a Baylor-esque screen the width of the FOC. I did some research on the video board at Baylor, because we have IM. From the wiki.
McLane Stadium Wiki wrote:The stadium includes a large high-definition LED video board behind the south end zone. The board is 5,029 square feet, ranking as the 13th largest college football video board in the nation as of April 2014.

McLane also features ribbon displays around the stadium's horseshoe configuration, measuring 1,254 feet in length. To complement the video board, Baylor released an in-game mobile app that enables fans to stream live footage, watch game replays from a variety of angles, and access current game statistics. To accommodate usage of the app, the stadium is outfitted with free Wi-Fi.
And to make a comparison, ours is 20 feet high and 36 feet wide. Baylor's is 47 feet high and 107 wide. Granted, ours really stretches 88 feet wide, but that's because of the score board and advertising screens that are added on each side of it. Their actual video board is 7 times bigger in sq footage, which would be a huge difference if we come close to matching that.
ballah09 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
That is the plan for bigger office spaces and a bigger locker room for the players.
Cider Jim wrote:
Maybe it's just the scale of the drawings?

[youtube]071cXxCNj5A[/youtube]
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]