Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
Stadium looked great! New seats were awesome! Love the drink holders and the cushioned backs and bottoms. The bottomless cups are $2 less this year....but they charge a $1 for refills. I still think they lose out with me and my crew. I drank $42 worth of Sprite tonight not counting my kids :D My one regret.......I wish I had invested in a cabana. Those things are NICE!
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
rtb72 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 10:06 pm Stadium looked great! New seats were awesome! Love the drink holders and the cushioned backs and bottoms. The bottomless cups are $2 less this year....but they charge a $1 for refills. I still think they lose out with me and my crew. I drank $42 worth of Sprite tonight not counting my kids :D My one regret.......I wish I had invested in a cabana. Those things are NICE!
I'm not a fan of the cabanas, I liked the look of folks watching from up there and the look of it more open. However, they sold them all, they were all occupied, and they made a boatload of money on them. So I can't fault LU for building them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 11:15 pm Still long lines at concession stands.
Short lines on the Baptist side. Liked my 9 dollar burger, fries, & drink combo.

Only 2 small concessions complaints after the first home game:
(1) an 8 minute wait for a cup of of coffee at halftime
(2) no carriers for my burger combo
Last edited by Cider Jim on September 11th, 2022, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 11:15 pm Still long lines at concession stands. > Better than last year. App for mobile order was down and was told they were trying to fix it

They should allow chairs on the berms. > No they shouldn't. This is not high school football.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: September 15th, 2022, 4:27 pm It does look different than the old one we had under the gazebo back in the day before it was moved to the Freedom Tower. At least with my Old Hag eyes, it does.
I don’t believe in four years I ever went to look at it :shock: Function of living on The Hill I guess.

It was across from the Vines Center, right? I realize that was before your time, Sly.
By LUOrange
The Bell used to be in a gazebo next the the Religion Hall parking lot across from DeMoss and maybe 50 yards from the old Spirit Rock. I think we went and looked at it once or twice while I was on campus in the 90's.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: September 16th, 2022, 2:33 pm The Bell used to be in a gazebo next the the Religion Hall parking lot
On presentation day, my thesis students used to meet in that gazebo for class! Study
LUOrange liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]