Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
I saw the signage ( light that sucker up ) - does the glass have the LU logo etched in like the plans ? As for the signage, I preferred the original traditional letttering vs the same thing they have on the scoreboard but I bet it will look good all lit up - hope all the landscape lighting and final details are done for Saturday.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
They were rolling out the last sections of sod as I was leaving campus today! :clapping
By Old Red
I ran into a few of the stadium architects at the game on Saturday. They were up at the top of the new East deck about an hour before the game. Mostly just taking a few pictures and discussing the FOC. Unfortunately, they stayed pretty vague when answering my questions.
Wouldn't surprise me if they release some renderings during halftime of the final home game.
Old Red wrote:I ran into a few of the stadium architects at the game on Saturday. They were up at the top of the new East deck about an hour before the game. Mostly just taking a few pictures and discussing the FOC. Unfortunately, they stayed pretty vague when answering my questions.
Wouldn't surprise me if they release some renderings during halftime of the final home game.
I remember looking at some sketches of the indoor facility before the official concept was posted. In the background it look like the stadium was going to be a bowl shape. Not saying that it will happening, but I wonder if the architects/ everyone else involve with the expansion was still interested with the idea? Is it even possible at this point?
So my brother and I were talking about the brick recesses in the stadium being filled with massive banners.

We thought of maybe featuring two hall of famers on Carter Tower, two current(or too current to be HOF) NFL players on the new east side tower and two current players on the east side tower.

HOF
Eric Green
Sam Rutigliano

NFL
Walt Aikens
Rashad Jennings

CURRENT
AGG
Juwan Wells
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:So my brother and I were talking about the brick recesses in the stadium being filled with massive banners.

We thought of maybe featuring two hall of famers on Carter Tower, two current(or too current to be HOF) NFL players on the new east side tower and two current players on the east side tower.

HOF
Eric Green
Sam Rutigliano

NFL
Walt Aikens
Rashad Jennings

CURRENT
AGG
Juwan Wells
Good Question and suggestion. I can see HOF and Current. I cannot see LU putting up Walt or Rashad bc Walt plays special teams and I would be hesitant to make him the face of the University. Rashad isn't in the NFL anymore.

I would think we will stick to current players , but would love to see HOF as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:So my brother and I were talking about the brick recesses in the stadium being filled with massive banners.

HOF
Eric Green
Sam Rutigliano

NFL
Walt Aikens
Rashad Jennings

CURRENT
AGG
Juwan Wells
Good Question and suggestion. I can see HOF and Current. I cannot see LU putting up Walt or Rashad bc Walt plays special teams and I would be hesitant to make him the face of the University. Rashad isn't in the NFL anymore.

I would think we will stick to current players , but would love to see HOF as well.
Did you see where Walt was named a team captain this year.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I also use to follow Walt on snap chat, that's why I would be hesitant to put his Poster on the side of the stadium. Also he is mainly special teams.

HOF
Eric Green
Sam Rutigliano

NFL
Walt Aikens
Rashad Jennings

CURRENT
AGG
Juwan Wells

Love this idea!
https://www.ecampusnews.com/2018/12/12/ ... ium/2/?all
Like so much of life for today’s students, attending a collegiate sporting event at Liberty University is as much about sharing the experience with others as the game itself. That’s why fan experiences were top of mind as we moved toward becoming an NCAA D1-A school and embarked on expanding our football and events venue, Williams Stadium, from 19,000 seats to 25,000. Slated for completion prior to the 2018 Flames football opener, the project included blanketing the outdoor facility with high-performance Wi-Fi.

Given our institution’s larger plans for updating all 11 of our competitive athletic facilities, we decided to use the football stadium’s Wi-Fi deployment as a proving ground for mobilizing our entire large public venue portfolio. With Williams finished and our first D1 football season in the record books, here are the most important takeaways we’ll apply going forward.
ballcoach15 wrote:I read the entire article, and did not see "parking" addressed anywhere. Granted I could have missed it. I think parking issues hurts attendance, especially for basketball.
Probably because the website is about Information Technology and talked to the director of infrastructure and media development, and the network architect that has experience in the Missile Defense Agency and Lockheed Martin as a network engineer.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I read the entire article, and did not see "parking" addressed anywhere. Granted I could have missed it. I think parking issues hurts attendance, especially for basketball.
Dont be lazy and walk a little bit.
thepostman wrote:
Dont be lazy and walk a little bit.
From the parking garage to the main gate is 2,058 feet.

From the general parking section of Lahaye to the IPF side gate is 815 feet.

From Liberty Law to the soccer locker room gate is 787 feet.

Two solutions for you.

Stop Complaining

Pay for better parking like the rest of us.
Mr. Loves The SEC is complaining about parking at Liberty? The last Tennessee game I went to I had to literally walk a mile to get to the stadium and that was with a parking pass holder who had season tickets.

Stop whining.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In his defense, he did say especially for basketball. There is no denying the parking challenges for non-students/employees for the Vines Center unless you are in the know. For football the issues are minimal at best.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]