Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Worth Carter. Carter Bank & Trust. Totally deserving and a great move.
LU certainly wouldn't be here without him.
Very true. On another note, I'm going to miss out on that inaugural coin for the first game! :(
By gerb
"Liberty University Athletics announced new plans to further expand the Williams Stadium in one week’s time into a $10 million multiplex rivaling the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

“After creaming Old Dominion, I think it’s safe to say that Liberty is going to release God’s wrath on all upcoming teams,” President Jerry Falwell Jr. said. “We gotta give the Holy Spirit a little more room to move in our stadium.”

The 30,000-seat stadium will be expanded to hold 300,000 to accommodate the student body, visiting alumni and literally anyone else who shows up."

https://theflamingbugle.com/2018/09/04/ ... eason-win/
By pca0711
Registration Days Posts
I can't guess on the landscaping but as far as the glass is concerned it would stand to reason that it will be last after they finish the press box. Figuring they will use cranes for the drywall and stuff.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:What is taking landscape and glass contractors so long ? Seems like nothing much has been done since ODU week.
For what I would think would be fairly obvious reasons, those are pretty much the last things that are done on any major construction project
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
WHich would make zero sense. Mud and runoff would be a big problem as it was the night of odu. If they would have laid the sod last week it would have been rooted and a lot of that could be avoided. Too late now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know this has been all over social media the last few days.

But when I have shown it to family & friends around my neck of the woods and asked them whose stadium it was nearly all have responded with some P5 team. When I tell them it is Liberty's home most gasp in disbelief.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And the landscaping is almost finished with a lot of mulch, bushes, even several medium-sized trees planted.
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote:The West tower of the Stadium is now officially Carter Tower

Source: My Eyes. They put it on it.
20 Sumthin- you are slacking on your duties - do a lap around the stadium and get us more pics of landscape / glass...
tyndal23 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:The West tower of the Stadium is now officially Carter Tower

Source: My Eyes. They put it on it.
20 Sumthin- you are slacking on your duties - do a lap around the stadium and get us more pics of landscape / glass...
Or just show up Saturday :lol: . I try not to yell at 19 year olds that can't navigate the consecutive roundabouts by not getting near them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yes, the glass is in, and there is a big LIBERTY FLAMES above the window in red and blue.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]