Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I actually liked the idea of the band off the south endzone. It makes for a much fuller sound using both sides of the stadium as they play toward the FOC which can make it feel even louder.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:That looks a bit small for the band, but I suppose I need to actually see it in person.
Band will be in the end zone seating. The bleachers will be built in a way that the back/upper half will fit in the notch cut in the berm while the front/lower half sticks out past the brick wall. There will be plenty of room for the entire band.
Had family in town that gets tickets with us and stopped by today. North tower is getting bricked already. The walkway between sides is in with a heavy grade away from the stadium. The band pit is taking shape, only two or three rows remain. Metal framework for the stadium facade is being installed.
With the horseshoe walkway almost finished, I am expecting the band pit, berm, and walkway will be finished this time next month. The railings for the berm staircases are laid out beside them now. I think they are targeting commencement for those portions to be complete. No more scaffolding seats for commencement!
By Dirty 30
Looking Forward to getting back in Lynchburg myself and seeing the stadium up close. I will be graduating with my Masters on May 19 and I looking forward to the weekend celebration. The Family and myself will be in Lynchburg the whole week leading up to graduation. Hoping for some nice weather. I heard that most of the graduation ceremonies have received a little rain every year! I hope that is not the case this year!
By Dirty 30
Sly Fox wrote:Congrats, 30. And i'm a bit jealous of you getting a week in the 'Burg.
Lynchburg has become my second home since Brandon decided to go to school there. Looking forward to spending some time with him as well.
Just a fun thought, with the new screen upcoming, I would love to see a Bullseye for our kicker when going that direction and something encouraging a miss for the opposing team. The board will be right behind in line of sight. I wonder in NCAA has any regs for static or video to affect opposing kickers.
ballcoach15 wrote:All artificial noise should be banned, except for LU Band.

I look for schools to start playing "walk up music" when QB walks behind the center prior to snap.
Again, I am not talking about audio. I am talking about the screen being behind the goal post. Visually messing with opponents.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:All artificial noise should be banned, except for LU Band.

I look for schools to start playing "walk up music" when QB walks behind the center prior to snap.
Again, I am not talking about audio. I am talking about the screen being behind the goal post. Visually messing with opponents.
Fans can do stuff like that within limits. I don't think something like you are suggesting, where it was sanctioned and executed by the home team, would fly.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Over the weekend, they have installed NINE archway entrances at the south end of the stadium. From the construction cam, you can only see 2 of them (top right corner), but trust me--all 9 are there now. :shock:

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... rth%20View
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]