Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Honestly I had not thought much about what the setting would be like once the upper deck is added to the student side. But these pics from Coach Shell give a perspective on how the monogram will disappear from the sight lines except for those atop the Baptist Side.

Ewglenn wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Again why I always felt the Monogram was on the wrong ‘Mountain’
I always thought it was tacky but I’m sure I’m the minority.
It's tacky but at this point it would feel empty without it. I wish they would pressure wash it. :shock:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I hate it too.
thepostman wrote:Doesn't mean it still isn't tacky.
In general or the fact that it's not completely circular? I wonder who had the responsibility for landscaping? Now I know that it's not so easy, but golly it looks weird.
It looks like the brick is done in the south endzone.

I've heard rumors of another scoreboard on the south end of the stadium. No idea where though. I've also heard maintenance issues were part of why we're moving ahead with the new board at the FOC. I still can't believe they haven't started on that part yet.
thepostman wrote:Everything about it is tacky.
Could be worse. Could be outlined in red white and blue neon
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You also believe the whopper Jr is a great burger so I have to consider the source.
Ladies and Gentlemen Today’s Interweb Winner!!!!!!!!

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I walk by the stadium everyday, and it really looks like the new upper deck on the student side is taller than the upper deck on the Baptist side. Are they really identical in size?
Cider Jim wrote:I walk by the stadium everyday, and it really looks like the new upper deck on the student side is taller than the upper deck on the Baptist side. Are they really identical in size?

Not even close, I don't think they claimed I would be either. The previous expansion added 7k seats included the 4 corner sections at the goal lines. That upper deck didn't add but maybe 4k seats, probably fewer. The new upper deck is 6k by itself. The tower on the student side will also only be 3 stories compared to the existing 5 story tower.
By GillsHill-LU
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:It looks like the brick is done in the south endzone.

I've heard rumors of another scoreboard on the south end of the stadium. No idea where though. I've also heard maintenance issues were part of why we're moving ahead with the new board at the FOC. I still can't believe they haven't started on that part yet.
They will have the new board done in time for commencement. it has been ordered and contract has been signed. There will be a digit score board on the curve of the brick in the south endzone and a delay of game clock. They will be hung on the brick wall.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Nice article and video about the new stadium on LU's website. This week they begin installing the concrete seating, in 3-row planks. It also mentions that the video board will be 3,000 square feet, compared to our current one that is 700 square feet. :shock:

http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?P ... MID=259625
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The crane is installing the concrete planks now: so far, it looks like the upper deck planks are 6 rows high and 4 columns long. And they are laying block for one of the towers closest to the north end of the stadium.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I guess game operations want a huge video board to show more students after every play, instead of showing replays.
Ballcoach, they are hoping to get you on their Dance Cam doing this: :pbjtime
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]