Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Went by today. From the 100 level seats, the monogram will easily be eclipsed by the expansion. Snow flex might just peek over but I doubt it with the corner towers.

There is a lot of dirt already in place with no plans to slow down in the south endzone. I hope they keep the food trucks in the stadium but along the south walkway so fans can still see the game. I know a few people that would be upset without their Kettle corn.
Last edited by Class of 20Something on December 22nd, 2017, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: I hope they keep the food trucks in the stadium...
Food trucks are so FCS. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Or they’re one of the trendiest food options in the nation and a great addition to normal concessions.
I feel you bruh!
I think it’s a great idea. Gives you a lot of flexibility and options.
TH Spangler wrote:253 days till kickoff. Do you guys really think it will be ready for ODU!?
When they did the current tower, they didn't break ground until January if I recall correctly. I think one game was played at City Stadium that fall?

I think they will have plenty of time to complete this project barring a major weather setback.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Food trucks fed the Israelites manna for 40 years. They are a gift from God!
Amen.
So let it be written. So let it be done.
Purple Haize wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Food trucks fed the Israelites manna for 40 years. They are a gift from God!
Amen.
So let it be written. So let it be done.
As long as they don't charge sit down restaurant prices, I'm all about some food trucks.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote: I hope they keep the food trucks in the stadium...
Food trucks are so FCS. :nono
LOL, I wouldn't say that at all. They are pretty trendy (and one of the few trendy things I can appreciate). Heck, they had third party food trucks outside on property at the Hong Kong Disneyland resort back in October when I was in Asia and I know Disney puts them in Disney Springs in Florida as well.

My only issue is that when one gets popular, the lines get long real fast and they aren't able to spread out the crowd to different locations as well as traditional concessions.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
My food truck experience says about 80% are amazing. Allows the chef to focus on 5 or fewer specialty items and make them as good as possible. I’m all for it.
Stopped by this weekend to please my inner 5 year old. (Seriously, I love watching construction) They are installing the retaining wall for the bottom of the hill currently. They were about a fifth of the way done with it. The stadium will feel much more intimate with the hill moved in.

Looking at the screen, if it as wide as the current screen and advertising and twice the height It will light the stadium. It's going to be massive and it really is close to the field of play.

Once the supports for the grand stand are done, I think the construction will really accelerate. The seats will all be pre cast and lowered into the stadium.
GillsHill-LU wrote:Its going to be around 3,380 sq ft. They were wanting to go big like Baylor. The problem with duplicating Baylor or other similar Video Boards is that ours goes on the FOC right beyond the North Endzone while Hokie vision is behind and atop endzone stands and Baylor is mounted 100 feet further back than where the FOC is, so going with a screen that large while being that close to the stands would not be a good thing. While yes the Baylor board is still much larger it will not honestly feel much different from a spectator standpoint.
IM on the Liberty Flames minute today said over 4,000 square feet. :shock:
GillsHill-LU wrote:I'm just giving info based on what has gone through my office. As we all know things at LU can and have Change without notice or warning and that may be the case here.
I wasn't knocking you at all. Sorry if it seemed that way. For exactly the reason you stated, I was just updating with the most recently available information.
TDDance234 wrote:It's a shame that new board will be for a team that will start strong and lose it's last 6 games.
81 Teams finished 6-6 or better this season. 49 schools fell short of bowl eligibility. Beyond the drama of this comment, we will bead Idaho State and be competitive/beat UMass and NMSU. Troy, UVa, and Auburn are already in the L column.
TDDance234 wrote:It's a shame that new board will be for a team that will start strong and lose it's last 6 games.
81 Teams finished 6-6 or better this season. 49 schools fell short of bowl eligibility. Beyond the drama of this comment, we will bead Idaho State and be competitive/beat UMass and NMSU. Troy, UVa, and Auburn are already in the L column.

You may be right, but I recall some put Baylor in the L column as well. Yes we play UVA (a.k.a wahoot) and Auburn later on, but I’ll leave these options open until those games come up.
By GillsHill-LU
Registration Days Posts
GillsHill-LU wrote:I'm just giving info based on what has gone through my office. As we all know things at LU can and have Change without notice or warning and that may be the case here.
I wasn't knocking you at all. Sorry if it seemed that way. For exactly the reason you stated, I was just updating with the most recently available information.
No Worries, I took no offense
By Old Red
I went by campus & walked around the stadium a bit to see things up close. It looks the retaining wall isn’t far from getting bricks & they are almost done filling in dirt too.
I think by mid January we are see them start the ground work for the new terrace & entrance.
I’m actually optimistic that the structural work will just about be done by the time we get to Commencement.
I did notice that nothing has been done to remove the old scoreboard or even dig footers for the new screen.
You think they’ll wait until after to Commencement to even start that?
Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]