Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A good article in News Advance today on stadium expansion. the city gave its blessing on the plans.

I believe LU needs to add a major parking lot somewhere for football. Parking is a problem now, and will get even worse once the "big boys" come to town.
I parked in the Orange Lot last weekend. It was maybe a third of capacity. I'm sure part was due to the two days notice for the passes, but they're trying to drum up Flames Club memberships with parking being the big perk. It worked on me. I love being a 5 minute walk down the hill and straight into Ward's. Egress has improved greatly with VSP getting involved.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The American Surveyor wrote:Liberty University Taps Woolpert for Williams Stadium Expansion

Written by Woolpert
Thursday, 07 December 2017

Gaming software is being employed to illustrate design options as stadium capacity and amenities increase to accommodate the football team’s advancement to the FBS.

Lynchburg, Va. (Dec. 7, 2017) — Liberty University has contracted with Woolpert to provide sports architectural services to renovate and expand Williams Stadium, supporting the Flames’ move from the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) to the more competitive Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS).
News Release Posted Here
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:
The American Surveyor wrote:Liberty University Taps Woolpert for Williams Stadium Expansion

Written by Woolpert
Thursday, 07 December 2017

Gaming software is being employed to illustrate design options as stadium capacity and amenities increase to accommodate the football team’s advancement to the FBS.

Lynchburg, Va. (Dec. 7, 2017) — Liberty University has contracted with Woolpert to provide sports architectural services to renovate and expand Williams Stadium, supporting the Flames’ move from the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) to the more competitive Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS).
News Release Posted Here
thanks for the link.
That is pretty and plenty of room to grow.
With that look I would still bet on many late starts as oppossed to noon.
Got to see the flames at night
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
What did you say, Sonny? :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Good one! :lol: :rofl
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The hill in the south end zone of the football stadium is GONE. That area is now all dirt and flat as a pancake. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't have one of those fancy Smart phones, but I walked past there today. :oldhag
Cider Jim wrote:I don't have one of those fancy Smart phones, but I walked past there today. :oldhag
You seem like you would like Longmire on Netflix.

My understanding was the electrical controls for the lights were in the old locker room. They may have had to dig it out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach has one of those fancy Smart phones, and he likes taking pictures with it.

My younger brother loves Longmire, but I haven't seen it yet; maybe over Christmas break I'll give it a try.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:I don't have one of those fancy Smart phones, but I walked past there today. :oldhag

My understanding was the electrical controls for the lights were in the old locker room. They may have had to dig it out.
Longmire is awesome (was)
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

Longmire is awesome (was)
That last episode was....ick.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The good news: we've got 2 construction cameras on the football stadium: Football Expansion West View

The bad news: everything is DARK right now.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]