Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Nothing assures an increase in ticket sales as much as having a marquee game on your schedule. Often times schools will require season ticket purchases in order to have access to the marquee games. We will see if that is the route we choose but I suspect it likely will be the case if we expect demand to be high enough. Recognizing that deals have yet to be announced that could change this list a bit, here are the marquee home games we have booked:
  • 2018 - ODU ............................... Sep 01
    2019 - Syracuse ........................ Aug 31
    2020 - TBD
    2021 - Army .............................. Nov 27 (Argument could be made for ODU)
    2022 - Virginia Tech .................. Nov 19
    2023 - TBD
    2024 - TBD
    2025 - Wake Forest .................... Aug 30
    2026 - Duke ............................... Sep 26
    2027 - Virginia ........................... Sep 11
    2028 - TBD
    2029 - Virginia ............................ Sep 15
    2030 - Virginia Tech .................... Sep 7
With the next wave of realignment rumored to be triggered with the Big XII Grant of Rights expiring around 2023, it is reasonable to assume could be in a conference with its own marquee opportunities for the bottom half of this list.

The AD indicated that the full schedules through 2021 could be released soon. So I suspect any splashy team heading to Lynchburg in the near term will likely be to fill that 2020 void. And it would seem apparent that stadium expansion will be influenced by names and dates listed above.
They currently have a few verbal home and home deals with p5 schools that need to be sign but getting tech is huge. They're definitely helping pave the wave for Liberty as a program.

Getting a team like that just reassures that we're going to be expanding to 40k+ . Having them with BYU and the possibility of another p5 team on the 2022 docket. We should have no problem hitting 30k regularly.
ballah09 wrote:They currently have a few verbal home and home deals with p5 schools that need to be sign but getting tech is huge. They're definitely helping pave the wave for Liberty as a program.

Getting a team like that just reassures that we're going to be expanding to 40k+ . Having them with BYU and the possibility of another p5 team on the 2022 docket. We should have no problem hitting 30k regularly.
Sell out the sell outs!
ballah09 wrote:They currently have a few verbal home and home deals with p5 schools that need to be sign but getting tech is huge. They're definitely helping pave the wave for Liberty as a program.

What would the expansion to 40k look like? The drawings I've seen I thought were 35k. That was the end zone filled in and a mid deck to the visiting side. Would they add the seating to the other end of the stadium or add another deck?
Ewglenn wrote:

What would the expansion to 40k look like? The drawings I've seen I thought were 35k. That was the end zone filled in and a mid deck to the visiting side. Would they add the seating to the other end of the stadium or add another deck?
The mid deck on the shoe would probably get us there. At that kind of expansion, I think they would look for a brick exterior with gates all the way around rather than the current fence barrier.
Possible upper deck around the shoe later in the mid-2020's? May occur with the schedules that we're pulling up with. On the north side, it's still up in the air as to our discussions. I wouldn't be surprise if some of the ideas of McLane stadium is put into the Bill's expansion. The Bill is truly in a good location for recruiting, visitors and passerbys (I should also add those who would see it on stream/tv).
Not that I have any experience or knowledge with these things but just a thought:

I'd like to see a a horseshoe style with an upper-deck across the entire stadium. All of the seating would be actual seats, with the exception of the endzone seating and student seating, which would be bleachers.

The end-zone bleacher seats would be the cheap seats, and have a slightly cheaper ticket price than the upper-deck side stadium seats. Tickets get more expensive the lower, and closer to mid-field.

Additionally, the end-zone seats would just be classified as "general admission" and essentially, "first come, first serve." The rest of the stadium would be actual sections and numbers.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]