Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 28th, 2020, 7:28 pm
thepostman wrote: January 26th, 2020, 10:48 pm Basing this purely on social media and message board chatter, I haven't noticed much of difference between southern and northern schools in regards to how they talk about Liberty and their politics.
It's really interesting how major universities are almost always liberal even when they are in very conservative areas. Where do these people come from?
In the past 20 years , give or take, schools have hired a lot of liberal teachers, both high school and college.
As long as they have necessary degree and and have a teacher's license, and no criminal record, they go into the classroom. Then they indoctrinate the students with liberal views. After a few years in classroom, many become administrators, and so it goes.
Now granted, not all educators are liberals, but schools are infested with them.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: January 26th, 2020, 10:48 pm Basing this purely on social media and message board chatter, I haven't noticed much of difference between southern and northern schools in regards to how they talk about Liberty and their politics.
It's really interesting how major universities are almost always liberal even when they are in very conservative areas. Where do these people come from?
Operation mockingbird. They were literally placed there as "assets" to teach students collectivism/Marxism. Reason why most colleges are so left and anti hate speech to suppress a plethora of ideas and critical thinking.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:26 pm
In the past 20 years , give or take, schools have hired a lot of liberal teachers, both high school and college.
As long as they have necessary degree and and have a teacher's license, and no criminal record, they go into the classroom. Then they indoctrinate the students with liberal views. After a few years in classroom, many become administrators, and so it goes.
Now granted, not all educators are liberals, but schools are infested with them.
More like past 100 years.
By sstaedtler
We need a decent home game in 2024 and an away game in 2026, if it is a home and home series. I checked some teams future schedules and here are some teams that could play us at home in 2024 and at their place in 2026: (Other teams already have their out of conference schedules set.)

Boston College
Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech
Miami
Tennessee
Maryland
Mississippi State
West Virginia
UCF
Memphis
Last edited by sstaedtler on January 31st, 2020, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tyndal23
In 1st year if Indy - UConn gets 5 P5 games. Today they just announced a home and home with UNC ( 1 for 1 - not 2 for 1 Purple ).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Because UConn is seen as an easy win and in a big media market
By sstaedtler
tyndal23 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 2:27 pm In 1st year if Indy - UConn gets 5 P5 games. Today they just announced a home and home with UNC ( 1 for 1 - not 2 for 1 Purple ).
I want Liberty getting at least 3 P5's and one major Independent (Notre Dame, Army, BYU) per year. If you can't get a major independent, need App. State or top AAC school. If not that, add an SEC or Big 10 team.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
2 max or 7 minimum. The in between stuff is just silly - trying to get to bowl eligible with G5 recruits against 4 P5 and top Indie or G5 teams doesn’t make sense. Might have a miracle run one year but highly doubtful. UConn - they haven’t declared their intentions, most likely taking the $ grabs and not trying to be P5 level indie - but the UNC 1 for 1 is very intriguing.
SumItUp liked this
By sstaedtler
tyndal23 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:14 pm 2 max or 7 minimum. The in between stuff is just silly - trying to get to bowl eligible with G5 recruits against 4 P5 and top Indie or G5 teams doesn’t make sense. Might have a miracle run one year but highly doubtful. UConn - they haven’t declared their intentions, most likely taking the $ grabs and not trying to be P5 level indie - but the UNC 1 for 1 is very intriguing.
The reason I think 7 minimum is impossible is that these conference teams have their schedules 7 years in advance filled out sometimes. Because of conference play, they only have 4 open non-conference slots much of the time. That is why I think 3 P5's is more realistic and good enough to keep recruits interested. Especially if we add BYU, Notre Dame, Army, and some good AAC teams or App. State.
By LUOrange
UConn probably will never have scheduling problems for football, no matter how crappy they are. They're a household name, pretty much smack dab in the middle between NYC and Boston, and they have built in relationships from their Big East and AAC days. That's before even mentioning they're basketball teams that can fill MSG for games. They can make football Independence and the Big East work long enough to get into a P5 Conference or just stay put.
By tyndal23
Really? Didn’t realize they were a football household brand name. Not sure how UNC benefits from an away game - they don’t recruit up there - no tv $ - so a few extra sports writers cover the game I guess. Maybe a decent away game for their alum - 1 for 1 doesn’t really compute. And BTW I don’t compare LU independent football potential to UConn whatsoever - LU has way more upside.
By Class of 20Something
Can you promise to give this up for good again? We need a break.

You keep forgetting that the other schools have to AGREE. You can’t just say,hey we have a free date, were playing now. The "in the middle" stuff has us getting bona fide transfers, increasing quality recruiting classes, and so far, a great team without off field issues. "In the middle" gets us to the #65 SoS annually and let's the team perform against P5 enough to showcase talent but not so much that the team is exhausted the last quarter of the season.

Let's compare to BYU with a look at 2022. BYU is considered as a P5 opponent to all P5 conferences. Outside of Liberty, there is not a single G5 team scheduling more than two P5 games a year. If LU stays at 4, that is right on par with BYU.

BYU 2022.

09/10 - Baylor ✅
09/17 - at Oregon ✅
09/24 - Wyoming
09/30 - Utah State
10/15 - Arkansas ✅
10/22 - at Liberty
11/05 - at Boise State
11/19 - Dixie State
11/26 - at Stanford ✅
TBA - East Carolina

Liberty 2022.

09/03 - at Southern Miss
09/10 - UAB
09/17 - at Wake Forest ✅
09/24 - Akron
10/01 - at Old Dominion
10/08 - at FIU
10/15 - Gardner-Webb
10/22 - BYU ✅
10/29 - at UMass
11/05 - at Arkansas ✅
11/19 - Virginia Tech ✅
11/26 - New Mexico State

Guess what. BYU is nationally respected. Their roster currently shows four 4star players. UVa has one and tech has nineteen. That's a pretty significant hill to climb and talent gap to close.

I understand that you're all or nothing but here is the breakdown. What you're suggesting is tactically smart but strategically dumb. You need to learn to do what is strategically smart whether the tactics are smart or not. In our case, we have to posture for a selective conference invitation. That's all sports. We cannot posture for the ACC in all sports right now. You're out of your mind if you think we can. Most of us are pleading the case that we are appropriate for the American.

What is strategically smart is to schedule enough P5s to break the 4 star ceiling a few more times. It's beating one of the 4 on our schedule before we clamour for 8. The first week of 2017 against a first game head coach was the last one. Get your head out of the clouds and let's set some reasonable goals.

BYU set the schematic and has executed it to perfection. Follow it.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
you really need to research BYU history some more and remember I am talking7 years out which u have to do - u can’t wait due to scheduling. P5 is a myth - no one else is getting in the club after what just went down with SEC $. P5 equivalent is our only ave to big time football. If u want to posture for G5 all sports conference - schedule to win 10 games. If u want to be ND for evangelicals in football then budget,schedule and recruit it. BTW - After spending 2 hours on UConn fb ( what a sad state of affairs ) - looks like UNC technically is a 2 for 1 since they are playing there 2020 - but announcement for home and home 2026 came out later - so rest ez purple.
By Class of 20Something
tyndal23 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 2:12 am you really need to research BYU history some more and remember I am talking7 years out which u have to do - u can’t wait due to scheduling. P5 is a myth - no one else is getting in the club after what just went down with SEC $. P5 equivalent is our only ave to big time football. If u want to posture for G5 all sports conference - schedule to win 10 games. If u want to be ND for evangelicals in football then budget,schedule and recruit it. BTW - After spending 2 hours on UConn fb ( what a sad state of affairs ) - looks like UNC technically is a 2 for 1 since they are playing there 2020 - but announcement for home and home 2026 came out later - so rest ez purple.
2022 looks like a 10 win season with a full roster of Freeze recruits and complete RPO implementation.
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote: January 31st, 2020, 7:47 am
tyndal23 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 2:12 am you really need to research BYU history some more and remember I am talking7 years out which u have to do - u can’t wait due to scheduling. P5 is a myth - no one else is getting in the club after what just went down with SEC $. P5 equivalent is our only ave to big time football. If u want to posture for G5 all sports conference - schedule to win 10 games. If u want to be ND for evangelicals in football then budget,schedule and recruit it. BTW - After spending 2 hours on UConn fb ( what a sad state of affairs ) - looks like UNC technically is a 2 for 1 since they are playing there 2020 - but announcement for home and home 2026 came out later - so rest ez purple.
2022 looks like a 10 win season with a full roster of Freeze recruits and complete RPO implementation.
It does and I hate it :😚. As for BYU - the fact they are playing 4 P5 schools has nothing to do with them being P5 equivalent ( I wish it were that simple ). ND and BYU got there on very different paths and neither of those are something LU can or should try and emulate (assuming JR wants to see LU beat a top 10 level ND or USC in his lifetime). There is a way, but it hasn’t been done before and there is no template to follow. I won’t quit talking about it BUT I will limit it to the Ind/conference thread ( best I can do ).
By tyndal23
Class of 20Something wrote: February 1st, 2020, 8:12 am
tyndal23 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 2:12 am P5 is a myth - no one else is getting in the club
Say it again only slower.
PPP 555 Isssss Aaa Myyyyth. We are never getting invited to a P5 conference and I think chances are real slim even a UCF does now based on the SEC freak $ tv contract. Best we can do is be a P5 Equivalent Independent which will be dramatically better than anything G5 by a long shot ( and the gap will
Be getting bigger very rapidly with that kind of $ gap ).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 1st, 2020, 11:33 am P5 equivalent is a myth too
It’s an Oxymoron. Like Air Force Intelligence :D
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: February 1st, 2020, 3:52 pm You misspelled Army
As someone who is currently in the army. It's amazing how some of these people are able to function at all, let alone pass the asvab.
By Class of 20Something
Ill flame wrote: February 1st, 2020, 5:50 pm
As someone who is currently in the army. It's amazing how some of these people are able to function at all, let alone pass the asvab.
I still think nicknaming a new troop "asvab waiver" was one of the cruelest things I've ever witnessed, but goodness. I want to meet the braniac that averaged him out.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: February 1st, 2020, 5:50 pm

I respect the heck out of the Army. In fact, 75% of my current section is Army. With that said, I'm glad they aren't 95% of my section 😅
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]