Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2020, 1:27 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 1:08 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2020, 2:00 am

Considering I’m in favor of being affiliated with a Conference, and you are all “Let’s stay Indy but tell everyone we are really P5” what do you care? It fits what I’d like to see happen.
By all. Means if you want to be part of a G5 Conference - then that is a much better formula than playing 4 P5 games. I would say for LU limit it to 1 P5 and don’t schedule any top 10 G5 until you have 7 years of 10:win seasons.
You also say LU should schedule a neutral site game at Jerry World in the next year or two and it would be close to a sell out. So.....
Completely serious - LU doesn’t need $ like an FCS team - if your philosophy is a standard of winning consistently - then go schedule wins. Zero reason to schedule P5 for LU if G5 conference invite is the goal. What am I missing ?
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 7:48 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 1:08 pm

By all. Means if you want to be part of a G5 Conference - then that is a much better formula than playing 4 P5 games. I would say for LU limit it to 1 P5 and don’t schedule any top 10 G5 until you have 7 years of 10:win seasons.
You also say LU should schedule a neutral site game at Jerry World in the next year or two and it would be close to a sell out. So.....
Completely serious - LU doesn’t need $ like an FCS team - if your philosophy is a standard of winning consistently - then go schedule wins. Zero reason to schedule P5 for LU if G5 conference invite is the goal. What am I missing ?
A little light reading for you Purple. I also said LU would only have 2k but that BYU has a following in TX and the main reason I for neutral is if BYU doesn’t want to travel so far every other year to schedule us annually. I doubt it would get 20k total year 1,but it would grow fast.

https://byucougars.com/story/football/6 ... ys-Stadium
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Risewithus wrote: January 5th, 2020, 7:54 pm https://247sports.com/college/east-caro ... 138516687/ pretty high praise imo of LU.
Of all the schools listed in the article, LU is the best choice, either as football only, or as all sports.
Some of the schools mentioned are a joke pertaining to the AAC.

According to a good source, there were AAC representatives at the Cure Bowl.
Risewithus, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 8:04 pm

A little light reading for you Purple. I also said LU would only have 2k but that BYU has a following in TX and the main reason I for neutral is if BYU doesn’t want to travel so far every other year to schedule us annually. I doubt it would get 20k total year 1,but it would grow fast.

A 10 year old article about 2 nationally ranked programs If LU was ranked 3 and BYU 20 I’d expect a big crowd too
By tyndal23
They played in the very first college football game in that stadium. Their message boards want back in TX after losing TCU as a rival. I gave a 100 reasons and even got some of their fans to acknowledge LU and BYU there would be exciting for them. I could care less how many LU fans show up short term. The point was getting BYU annually and exposure / recruiting - 10 years from the start of it who knows how big but LU attendance was t any part of the reason. ( and u know it ) so quit trying to misquote me with one liner fake news style bs. Now back to your G5 Conference goal and scheduling - you don’t agree with 1 P5 and 11 scheduled games we are favored or toss ups in ?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2020, 8:49 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 8:04 pm

A 10 year old article about 2 nationally ranked programs If LU was ranked 3 and BYU 20 I’d expect a big crowd too
Ahem. Norman Oklahoma is a 3 hour drive to Jerry World. Oklahoma is a Power 5 team with a national following. In this scenario, Liberty would be the #20 BYU team. :lol:
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I forgot Wichita State was in AAC for basketball. They got some good basketball inside the AAC as well. (This is only here cause we’ve discussed AAC as possible destination should we join a conference.)
By chris leedlelee
A Sea of Red wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm Liberty and App St agree to home and home series in 2024, 2025

https://www.aseaofred.com/app-state-lib ... 2024-2025/
A perfect series and natural rivalry. Props to Ian for picking this one up. I hope that we continue to schedule schools like this. Beating the class act of the Sun Belt will do much good for our perception on the college football landscape.
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
I'd rate the future schedules:

2020: B-
2021: B-
2022: A
2023: C-
2024: B-
2025: B
2026: B+

The only schedule I really, really don't like is 2023. Home games vs. B. Green, E. Michigan, UConn, and UMass. You do add in Old Dominion but then you probably got an FCS game as well. Would love to move one of the MAC games to a future year for a better P5 home opponent.

2025 looks really good with App. State and Wake Forest at home. And 2026 already has Duke, Georgia Southern, and Army at home.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I would love to see us have a top tier G5 on our schedule every year if we could. Right now that looks good with Appy St. on the 2024 and 2025 seasons. I wish we could get @Memphis on our schedule in 2023 and even replace the home game with Akron in 2022 with a home game vs Memphis.
By sstaedtler
A Sea of Red wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 4:53 pm Top 5 teams you want Liberty to start a home-and-home football series with

https://www.aseaofred.com/top-5-teams-y ... ries-with/
Hard to argue with anything on this list. I want Temple, but that is because I live near there and they are an AAC team. I would not mind West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, or Pittsburgh, either.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Navy and Maryland would be less than an hour from my house. I'd love it but I'll probably be long gone from the region by the time it gets scheduled if it gets scheduled at all unless the Air Force continues to torture me with DMV assignments.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]