Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
R i wrote:
willflop wrote:I was curious about the math on the 2-1s a well. Here's a hypothetical breakout. As long as a single year doesn't have more than 3 games (that are part of a 2-1 deal), you only have to buy one game. And, of course, you get the sequencing right, which there are a lot of ways to spin it.

As much as I want to understand this graph, I do not. Can you explain ?
Stagger when you host your "1" in your two for 1 so you only ever have to "pay" once per year. The other H-H games balance out.
By willflop
R i wrote:
willflop wrote:I was curious about the math on the 2-1s a well. Here's a hypothetical breakout. As long as a single year doesn't have more than 3 games (that are part of a 2-1 deal), you only have to buy one game. And, of course, you get the sequencing right, which there are a lot of ways to spin it.

As much as I want to understand this graph, I do not. Can you explain ?
H = home
A = away

The chart shows six seasons, YEAR1-YEAR6, or 2018-2022 if that helps. Each year shows 12 hypothetical teams vertically (T1 - T12), which represent the 12 games for the given season

The first 3 teams, highlighted in blue, are those teams we have 2-1 contracts with. And, it shows how we could stagger the games so we have at least one H game each year.

Teams 4-11 are the G5 teams we have home and home deals with. Team 12 is whatever FCS or other G5 team we buy. The total home games just adds up how many home games the sequencing got for each year. Hope that helps.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Seems pretty legit, and likely the plan for Ian and Mickey. If you look at our future schedules I believe they all follow the parameters listed above.
By LibertyJoe2010
Question on the article where it talks about the new additions to future schedules, it says playing bowling green in Ohio, isn't bowling green in southern Kentucky?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Bowling Green the school is in Ohio.
By Class of 20Something
LibertyJoe2010 wrote:Question on the article where it talks about the new additions to future schedules, it says playing bowling green in Ohio, isn't bowling green in southern Kentucky?
There is a city of Bowling Green, KY, but BGSU is a stones throw from Toledo.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That was a really good article, which was the first in a series. Today's paper had article on stadium expansion. I believe tomorrow's article will be on recruiting as FBS school now.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I love the quote from Jerry in the article about scheduling. Great work Damien. I do not want to copy and paste the quote you need to go read it for yourself. In Jerry Jr fashion he takes a semi shot at the Sun Belt, and CUSA, while saying Liberty made the right choice.
By willflop
R i wrote:I love the quote from Jerry in the article about scheduling. Great work Damien. I do not want to copy and paste the quote you need to go read it for yourself. In Jerry Jr fashion he takes a semi shot at the Sun Belt, and CUSA, while saying Liberty made the right choice.
Yea, i think that quote stood out to a lot of people. When they first announced, I remember IM said they'd jump into a conference at first invite. Now it seems they are changing their tune, because I don't think IM was thinking a P5 or AAC conference when he said that, but any G5.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I love our schedules. I am going to make many more trips to Lynchburg than I would have if we were in the SB. The down side to our schedules is that we can expect to have many losing seasons, even when we have a really good team. 6 wins will be a "Win" for many of our seasons I would think. I am ok with that. Our goal is not to win the conference, but to win maybe 1 of our P-5 games and 3/4 of our non P-5 games. That will get us to our goal of a bowl game.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:I love our schedules. I am going to make many more trips to Lynchburg than I would have if we were in the SB.
I wonder what the Sun Belt snobs are thinking now. lol
By Class of 20Something
From the UMass announcement
FBSchedules wrote:Liberty

UMass and Liberty previously announced an eight-game, home-and-home series from 2018 through 2025. Today they added additional games at UMass on Nov. 7, 2026 and at Liberty on Nov. 6, 2027.

The 2023 UMass at Liberty game has been moved from Nov. 11 to Oct. 21.
Any reason we would want to clear up a veterans day home game? Someone FOIA the service academies.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]