Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
Cider Jim wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I hope for the best for my almer mater.
I try not to be the grammar police, but for the love of God, can you please spell this word correctly on a public forum that the whole world can read?
For some reason, 'almer' is saved on my keyboard's dictionary choices(I believe there's a road that is spelled like that in my location). So when I am typing alma, that so called word is selected and I totally skipped over it. My apologies Cider lol
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Cruznflame reminds me of when I first joined this board. I thought I was so smart and knew everything, and that everybody else that disagreed with me was stupid.

Then I grew up.

Not even close. None of my post even suggests that I'm stating that I'm 100% correct but just revealing possibilities even if it doesn't look like its possible right now. Also even when others disagree with me, I never called them names and definitely not stupid. I actually was mocked or laughed at(even called delusional). Everyone has their opinions and I also have mine. All I know is so far some of what ive posted has been happening so I'm not going to stop with what I hope will happen in LU's future. I will be around, Lord willing, for awhile so I hope my alma mater succeeds while still grasping it's mission. This is about improvement, so I don't see how that is immature for me to hope that LU will receive opportunities that will help with the school as a whole.

P.S. Also I was and still right about anything can happen by just looking at the 2018-19 schedule. Your comment is actually immature based on assuming that I am being a know-it-all when I never said that anything will actually happen. Possibly happening and actually happening is two different things.
PH is pretty immature, this is true but he still proved that what you are accusing him of is completely false. But sure, ignore that and keep making yourself look bad. You do you.

I will continue to enjoy the show.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Don't be shocked if we are an A-Sun school in 2018.
:mrgreen:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Saying 'anything an happen' really isn't saying anything because that also means anything might not happen.
As for the truthfulness of your other statements well, we've proven those less than valid just a few posts ago
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Cruznflame reminds me of when I first joined this board. I thought I was so smart and knew everything, and that everybody else that disagreed with me was stupid.

Then I grew up.

Not even close. None of my post even suggests that I'm stating that I'm 100% correct but just revealing possibilities even if it doesn't look like its possible right now. Also even when others disagree with me, I never called them names and definitely not stupid. I actually was mocked or laughed at(even called delusional). Everyone has their opinions and I also have mine. All I know is so far some of what ive posted has been happening so I'm not going to stop with what I hope will happen in LU's future. I will be around, Lord willing, for awhile so I hope my alma mater succeeds while still grasping it's mission. This is about improvement, so I don't see how that is immature for me to hope that LU will receive opportunities that will help with the school as a whole.

P.S. Also I was and still right about anything can happen by just looking at the 2018-19 schedule. Your comment is actually immature based on assuming that I am being a know-it-all when I never said that anything will actually happen. Possibly happening and actually happening is two different things.
PH is pretty immature, this is true but he still proved that what you are accusing him of is completely false. But sure, ignore that and keep making yourself look bad. You do you.

Whatever you say post. He did say that LU will never play notable schools and even stated that BYU is part of that category. He has only selected posts in later discussions in which he backed off on the matter. I know I'm not making this up, but in honesty it doesn't matter. Our schedules are looking quite well, the other teams are getting better and this is just a forum for folks to have discussions or to ramble on. At least this forum is not as bad as others from the SB or even those who are mad that their 'elite' school is playing a bigoted and 'fake' university (smh).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

Then I grew up.

[youtube]XOGWbzUM-y8[/youtube]
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Yall just gonna keep playing patty cakes with one another, or are you gonna take the bait BYD dropped with the ASUN in 18 mention ?
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Saying 'anything an happen' really isn't saying anything because that also means anything might not happen.
As for the truthfulness of your other statements well, we've proven those less than valid just a few posts ago
Whatever you say PH. Nonetheless, we are playing schools in which we would've never even had a chance to play. Remember when ND was not even possible and you'd mocked me with the 'think outside the box' comment? But hey, we are playing Auburn from the top FBS conference in college football. So what ive always stated was valid since I figured it was possible with connections, networking and money. So that's fine if you think I'm too young and 'lack experience'. From the looks of it, college sports is changing and will not be the same in fifty years(or less).
By cruzan_flame13
R i wrote:Yall just gonna keep playing patty cakes with one another, or are you gonna take the bait BYD dropped with the ASUN in 18 mention ?
Not taking the bait lol. I rather LU stay in the BS for now and save themselves from all that expense of traveling. I also agree with the person who stated that athletes will lose class time.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Whatever you say post. He did say that LU will never play notable schools and even stated that BYU is part of that category. He has only selected posts in later discussions in which he backed off on the matter. I know I'm not making this up, but in honesty it doesn't matter. Our schedules are looking quite well, the other teams are getting better and this is just a forum for folks to have discussions or to ramble on. At least this forum is not as bad as others from the SB or even those who are mad that their 'elite' school is playing a bigoted and 'fake' university (smh).
But where did he say that about BYU? I really like when PH is proven wrong so I am rooting for you here but it seems like you don't have a leg to stand on here and can't admit you made a mistake.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
But where did he say that about BYU? I really like when PH is proven wrong so I am rooting for you here but it seems like you don't have a leg to stand on here and can't admit you made a mistake.
I know you do because it is such a rare experience. :D Auburn and Ole Miss at their place makes sense I even stated that LU was a whisker away from playing Alabama back in 2001 and/or 2002. LU was FCS then.
Keep rooting Postie. A broken clock is right once a day
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Yall just gonna keep playing patty cakes with one another, or are you gonna take the bait BYD dropped with the ASUN in 18 mention ?
I already said I was all for it
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
If you are worried about the travel costs and the distance that the athletes have to travel then maybe you should advocate a move back to the FCS because the football team will be traveling like crazy and weeks at a time too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:If you are worried about the travel costs and the distance that the athletes have to travel then maybe you should advocate a move back to the FCS because the football team will be traveling like crazy and weeks at a time too.
Plus LU has shown that money is literally no object
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballah09 wrote:If you are worried about the travel costs and the distance that the athletes have to travel then maybe you should advocate a move back to the FCS because the football team will be traveling like crazy and weeks at a time too.
Except when it comes to funding the local Christian high school scholarships.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Zing!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:PH...I thought a broken clock was right twice a day?
Common fallacy. It can only be AM or PM once a day. So it can only be 6:30 pm once a day!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Well that's because people are involved......did I type that out loud? :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Football is one sport and the move to FBS is the realization of a 45 year dream. There is no way you can compare that with going from the BSC to the A-Sun, which is basically a parallel move. The football travel will be expensive (apparently not a problem) but I doubt it will involve much additional class time missed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Football is one sport and the move to FBS is the realization of a 45 year dream. There is no way you can compare that with going from the BSC to the A-Sun, which is basically a parallel move. The football travel will be expensive (apparently not a problem) but I doubt it will involve much additional class time missed.
Much to Postie's delight I might be wrong..... but I see the A-Sun as a step up from the Big South. In hoops alone FGCU is better and more recognizable than any BSC team. Plus, those schools spend money. I like that move as a hold until LU can get somewhere for all sports not named Sun Belt
By LUOrange
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I believe that was a concession to the VHSL.
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Much to Postie's delight I might be wrong..... but I see the A-Sun as a step up from the Big South. In hoops alone FGCU is better and more recognizable than any BSC team. Plus, those schools spend money. I like that move as a hold until LU can get somewhere for all sports not named Sun Belt
I'd rather stay in the Big South than go to the ASun. IMO, it's a step down. Their basketball RPI has risen in recent years, but they're still a notch below us. And since either way we'll still have to play schools no one's heard of or cares about, I'd rather play in a conference with schools that are closer to and a little more recognizable to the locals, such as Radford, Longwood, etc.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I don't know how much FGCU is spending on athletics, but I bet dollars to donuts most of the warm fuzzies here about playing in their conference stem from an NCAA tourney run they made 4 years ago. News flash. The coach who put that team together is now at USC and while they have had some continued success, it's not something I want to base my conference affiliation on. To me, the best thing about the A-Sun would be the attractiveness of the travel destinations. Pretty much anywhere in FL as well as Nashville, ATL, and the Big Apple certainly beat Clinton, Buies Creek and Boiling Springs as places to go on a road trip. It would be great for fans with unlimited free time and resources.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:To me, the best thing about the A-Sun would be the attractiveness of the travel destinations. Pretty much anywhere in FL as well as Nashville, ATL, and the Big Apple certainly beat Clinton, Buies Creek and Boiling Springs as places to go on a road trip. It would be great for fans with unlimited free time and resources.
While I do miss those charter bus trips through NYC to see Stony Brook beat LU (twice), I don't think I would trade them for the chance of taking one- or two-hour road trips to see LU play Longwood and Radford in multiple sports. And, yes, I do miss playing VMI, too--but they limped back to the Southern Conference.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]