Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
08/31 OPEN
09/07 OPEN
09/14 vs Buffalo
09/21 OPEN
09/28 vs New Mexico
10/05 @ New Mexico State
10/12 OPEN
10/19 OPEN
10/26 @ Rutgers
11/02 OPEN
11/09 @ BYU
11/16 OPEN
11/23 @ Virginia
11/30 vs New Mexico State
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Supposedly the often pushed back final game in the JMU contract is still a possibility for ojne of our home games. It would be nice to have an attractive home game on the cheap. I believe we also supposedly were owed a home game from Indiana State in 2019. But I would imagine that it is likely gone as we fill with FBS home dates.

Anxious to hear the marquee game for this slate to be revealed. It is going to be a whopper if we ever get the ink on the paper.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Sly Fox wrote:Supposedly the often pushed back final game in the JMU contract is still a possibility for ojne of our home games. It would be nice to have an attractive home game on the cheap. I believe we also supposedly were owed a home game from Indiana State in 2019. But I would imagine that it is likely gone as we fill with FBS home dates.

Anxious to hear the marquee game for this slate to be revealed. It is going to be a whopper if we ever get the ink on the paper.
The Indiana State game is in 2017. Southern Illinois is supposed to be 2019.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:Supposedly the often pushed back final game in the JMU contract is still a possibility for ojne of our home games. It would be nice to have an attractive home game on the cheap. I believe we also supposedly were owed a home game from Indiana State in 2019. But I would imagine that it is likely gone as we fill with FBS home dates.

Who is your realistic prediction?

Who is your fantasy prediction?
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Rutgers to pay Liberty $1M for game on 10/26/19

http://www.aseaofred.com/rutgers-to-pay ... 2019-game/
LOL
$1.2M UVa
$?M Auburn
$1M Rutgers

I like how this is playing(paying) out.
Tell that to the ODU fans who believe that we made a "desperate"deal.
I'm curious what the net payment is past their schedule buyouts.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We could use some good home games. Look at the disaster of this year's home schedule. I bought tickets again this year just to keep priority for the next few years games.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
TCU
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:We could use some good home games. Look at the disaster of this year's home schedule. I bought tickets again this year just to keep priority for the next few years games.
That's a valid issue. A lot of shiny pretty things with these nice payouts. But they are ROAD games. Will be nice to see what the home slate shapes up as
By willflop
thepostman wrote:We will be playing 1 or 2 FCS schools at home for the foreseeable future so JMU makes sense. Especially since they still owe us a game
I wonder if the contract has an out for transitions like this. I think we got out of our contract with Montana this way.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It might but the difference is we were scheduled to visit Montana but the contract with JMU may be voided now that we have stated we are moving up. I have no idea how things like this actually work.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We should not play JMU. That will be a "step down", playing a FCS school.
You are talking about the FCS champs.
They'd most likely give us a good beat down.
By LUOrange
Upsides to playing JMU is that they could technically count towards a one game 1-A credit, they'll probably bring as many or more fans that ODU, and when they finally make the 1-A jump we'd like to keep playing them. The downside is that they'd have an extremely good chance of beating us in 2019. However, if we must lose to a 1-AA school, let it be JMU or NDSU.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My coffee still cost 65 cents.
Senior discount? :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I went to McDonald's this morning and when I ordered my coffee, I told them JMU is FCS Champions. My coffee still cost 65 cents.
:clapping :rofl :rofl
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I went to McDonald's this morning and when I ordered my coffee, I told them JMU is FCS Champions. My coffee still cost 65 cents.
You could've told them Liberty is moving up to FBS and it still would've been 65 cent. :football
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
McDonald's isn't legally allowed to say they sell coffee, but a "coffee-like" substance. :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]