Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Bro, that how he roll, yo.
By Dalegarz1
Remember several years ago when App. State upset Michigan on a blocked field goal at Ann Arbor. It gave them instant national exposure which is, I believe what we want for LU. Scanning the various ideas on this board for a conference affiliation and the teams we would be playing leaves me a bit empty. It would severely hamper, as has been pointed out, our ability to schedule the big boys. It appears as though IM is working magic in putting together schedules that include teams with a national brand. It's my opinion that we should continue as an independent at least for the foreseeable future. I look forward to the day when the Flames pull an "App St type of upset" and it is broadcast all over ESPN. I think it's the vision that JF had right from the beginning.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Remember several years ago when App. State upset Michigan on a blocked field goal at Ann Arbor. It gave them instant national exposure which is, I believe what we want for LU. Scanning the various ideas on this board for a conference affiliation and the teams we would be playing leaves me a bit empty. It would severely hamper, as has been pointed out, our ability to schedule the big boys. It appears as though IM is working magic in putting together schedules that include teams with a national brand. It's my opinion that we should continue as an independent at least for the foreseeable future. I look forward to the day when the Flames pull an "App St type of upset" and it is broadcast all over ESPN. I think it's the vision that JF had right from the beginning.
Like most of us ,I had serious reservations about going the FBS indy route. With Ian, Mickey, Gill and co having proven pretty clearly that they can put together an attractive football schedule, the main concern now is other sports. As long as we have a conference home for them, I believe being a football independent can in fact be a better option than either of the conferences who potentially might invite us. The BSC will do for now, and if we upgrade to where things are no longer competitive there (we have a way to go for that) possibly the A10 or Big East. Trying to put together indy schedules for all sports would make what we did with footbal llook like a walk in the park. It would be a nightmare.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Curtisc83 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Whoever Curtis is needs to knock that off. That's poor form.
Or I will continue to post updates to the JMU board and let them implode on their own ignorance. I know this board is pretty insulated from the rest of the FBS but just in case anyone wonders JMU and pretty much the entire Sun Belt Board are so full of themselves that getting great home games just makes me so happy. Right now we are having more quality teams come to the Bill in the first few years then almost all of the recent additions to the SBC have ever had. And it's not like I rub it in anyone's face. I just post a very factual update with zero to no opinion and let them talk about it.
Who gives 2 poops what JMU people think? Why even give any what SBC people think? I get it if LU is playing a specific team, but don't see why the need to provoke insignificant people for no reason. Don't be a Dick.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Curtisc83 wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:Whoever Curtis is needs to knock that off. That's poor form.
Or I will continue to post updates to the JMU board and let them implode on their own ignorance. I know this board is pretty insulated from the rest of the FBS but just in case anyone wonders JMU and pretty much the entire Sun Belt Board are so full of themselves that getting great home games just makes me so happy. Right now we are having more quality teams come to the Bill in the first few years then almost all of the recent additions to the SBC have ever had. And it's not like I rub it in anyone's face. I just post a very factual update with zero to no opinion and let them talk about it.
Who gives 2 poops what JMU people think? Why even give any what SBC people think? I get it if LU is playing a specific team, but don't see why the need to provoke insignificant people for no reason. Don't be a Dick.
This. People already generalize anyone from Liberty of many different things and you being a d----- isn't helping.
By cruzan_flame13
oldflame wrote:
Dalegarz1 wrote:Remember several years ago when App. State upset Michigan on a blocked field goal at Ann Arbor. It gave them instant national exposure which is, I believe what we want for LU. Scanning the various ideas on this board for a conference affiliation and the teams we would be playing leaves me a bit empty. It would severely hamper, as has been pointed out, our ability to schedule the big boys. It appears as though IM is working magic in putting together schedules that include teams with a national brand. It's my opinion that we should continue as an independent at least for the foreseeable future. I look forward to the day when the Flames pull an "App St type of upset" and it is broadcast all over ESPN. I think it's the vision that JF had right from the beginning.
Like most of us ,I had serious reservations about going the FBS indy route. With Ian, Mickey, Gill and co having proven pretty clearly that they can put together an attractive football schedule, the main concern now is other sports. As long as we have a conference home for them, I believe being a football independent can in fact be a better option than either of the conferences who potentially might invite us. The BSC will do for now, and if we upgrade to where things are no longer competitive there (we have a way to go for that) possibly the A10 or Big East. Trying to put together indy schedules for all sports would make what we did with footbal llook like a walk in the park. It would be a nightmare.
I agree old flame! I mention this a few months ago and I was mocked (a little) about it. I can see our other sports moving to the A10 or the Big East(who have an interest of realignment but not right now). I can see our teams building up and I'm confident that LU will be dominant in the BSC but also receive national attention routinely in post season. That is the continual plan for LU and McCaw is definitely on board with that. I just hope that LU's board of trustees do not leave academics behind.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I am very impressed with our scheduling and our move up to FBS. I thought we took a step backwards when we joined the Big South but we are making up for it now. I am not expecting too much our first few years but laying a foundation for future success for our football program and indirecting raising the bar for whole athletic department. I look forward to coming down for some home games and experiencing an FBS game day excitement
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I am very impressed with our scheduling and our move up to FBS. I thought we took a step backwards when we joined the Big South but we are making up for it now. I am not expecting too much our first few years but laying a foundation for future success for our football program and indirecting raising the bar for whole athletic department. I look forward to coming down for some home games and experiencing an FBS game day excitement
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:PH is telling someone not to be a Dick. This is serious! Don't you guys get it??? It's how Curtis rolls!!!
I know, right? I know how to be a complete and total Dick. I personally prefer not to roll one or like one. I leave that to Atrain and now apparently Cus
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nice link. My favoite is the Ish88888 dude who is pining for a matchup with Albany. Apparently we don't have enough scholies or dare to be as good as the Danes. That would be a news flash to most of the Albany folks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Nice link. My favoite is the Ish88888 dude who is pining for a matchup with Albany. Apparently we don't have enough scholies or dare to be as good as the Danes. That would be a news flash to most of the Albany folks.
Yeah that guy makes no sense. Why would you want to schedule an 'iffy' FCS win as opposed to a pretty sure FBS game?
The Carrier/Orange Dome refurbishment played in LU's favor. Didn't think about that
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, for once we think alike. That was great insider information from a Syracuse fan, if it is correct.
I think Syracuse was desperate to find a team that could host them for the first week of 2019, surely because they wanted as much time blocked out as possible for work to be completed on the Carrier Dome renovation project
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Do you think, since we hadn't announced this, that we're trying to renegotiate for a bigger payday? I'd assume we're now worth more than the $325k to Toledo as a potential FBS win.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:... or we could be working to turn this into a home-and-home and the latter date hasn't been worked out yet.
Far more likely. Especially with how empty 2020 and 2022 are.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Being the under dog will be such a welcomed change. Having more money, and being two touchdown favorites to most every team in the league is not endearing to the general public.

We received every Big South teams best shot. It was the one road game a year they were not playing in a high school stadium. The Bill was electric, and I believe it hurt us competitively more than it helped. Gardner Webb players and coaches were unbelievably hype they entire game at Williams stadium last year. They fed off the student section animosity, because it made them feel big time. It will have less impact on the Syracuse team in 2019.
By Class of 20Something
So IM alluded the 2019 schedule was nearly finished more than a month ago. Operating under the assumption that it is already complete and they also need to announce a stadium expansion: when do these two announcements occur?
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:So IM alluded the 2019 schedule was nearly finished more than a month ago. Operating under the assumption that it is already complete and they also need to announce a stadium expansion: when do these two announcements occur?
Maybe around the start of the season? Generate more buzz would be my guess assuming they've got it locked down.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]