Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I went to McDonald's this morning and when I ordered my coffee, I told them JMU is FCS Champions. My coffee still cost 65 cents.
McDonald's isn't legally allowed to say they sell coffee, but a "coffee-like" substance. :lol:
They sell meat-like and egg-like substances too. They are in the real estate business. :mrgreen:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:They sell meat-like and egg-like substances too. They are in the real estate business. :mrgreen:
Michael Keaton was vintage Michael Keaton in that film. Great reset.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:It's an ACC team. It's not UVA or Wake Forest. My guess is NC State or Miami (since Rutgers canceled their game with them).
Who needs easy wins? Boston College? Duke? Dark horse: FSU
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I seem to recall someone telling me that "no ACC or SEC team" would come to Lynchburg.

Well that didn't take too long. Haha. It's starting to look like Indy might fit us better than any conference. I am all about these opponents!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I knew IM had the connections to work miracles with scheduling. Playing Syracuse is better than playing Charleston Southern or Presbyterian.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes, having a home game vs Syracuse to open our first real FBS season is a biggie. Hopefully we can get one more Power Conference school to come to Lynchburg in 2019.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes, having a home game vs Syracuse to open our first real FBS season is a biggie. Hopefully we can get one more Power Conference school to come to Lynchburg in 2019.
The point I was trying to make was in this 2-1 deal LU gets its home game first. Which obviously makes it impossible for The Orangemen to back out of a trip to Lynchburg after playing up there. I believe the UVA deal has the first 2 games in Cville making it possible for them to never play in Lynchburg
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes, having a home game vs Syracuse to open our first real FBS season is a biggie. Hopefully we can get one more Power Conference school to come to Lynchburg in 2019.
The point I was trying to make was in this 2-1 deal LU gets its home game first. Which obviously makes it impossible for The Orangemen to back out of a trip to Lynchburg after playing up there. I believe the UVA deal has the first 2 games in Cville making it possible for them to never play in Lynchburg
Let's just say hypothetically that we beat UVA on their own turf. I'm sure by then they may not consider backing out of that game in the burg. It would look bad on their part.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Playing Syracuse is better than playing Charleston Southern or Presbyterian.
Ballcoach, that is maybe the UNDERSTATEMENT of the century! :fineprint
By LUOrange
This is great for me, a win-win. Do I root for my alma-mater or my hometown team? My dad will be happy too, as I'll go home for in 2020 and 2021 as well. Aside from the obvious, these are winnable games for us.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
That's a good look. I'm anxious to see how recruiting will go in the next couple of years because the schedule is coming along nicely and should only get better in the early to mid 2020's.
By gerb
We should simultaneously post every P5 scheduling announcement on the JMU board from now on.

By cruzan_flame13
gerb wrote:We should simultaneously post every P5 scheduling announcement on the JMU board from now on.

Honestly I hope folks do not. We shouldn't do what they've done to us because it's not worth it. Lets focus on the growth of our program because we need to step up recruiting plus on and off field progress. Let them hate and mock like they've done; if we do the same it would look like what they've always done was right.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]