Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The home team and its conference maintain rights on the games. If they are not exercised, then we will certainly step in and boradcast based on my latest understanding. That typically means that it will be available on a slew of channels & platforms including Watch ESPN and other regional networks and local stations.
By EL DORADO PEDRO
I am a huge college football fan and grew up in Lynchburg. I have watched LU grow and am excited about the future. I was watching a BYU vs Cincinnati rerun on the BYU channel today here in the Carolinas and began thinking about LU. Does the Liberty network ever play reruns?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe we are still a member of the Big South in football for the fall even though we aren't eligible for championship. That would mean that the league continues to have first grab at our games with Big South schools. That problem is obviously gone in football after this season. I will be curious to see if they keep picking Liberty games for their game of the week now that we have lameduck status and knowing that we'll be broadcasting the games with or without their help.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Sly. That's what I figured but was hoping there was some loophole that might give us more freedom to do as we please this season.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:Thanks Sly. That's what I figured but was hoping there was some loophole that might give us more freedom to do as we please this season.
Well, with the Liberty app of Roku, LFSN is broadcast live, for free, in HD. Expect​ LU to make a push it to out of market alumni and fans this season so they have a viewership to parade for first year advertising.

Could LU broadcast FBS indy road games? It's free marketing for the home team if they don't have something in place.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I would expect all of the indy games to be televised by either us or someone local in the case of Army or UMass. In the case of the latter, I am sure some type of reciprocation could be worked out where all games could be broadcast by sharing resources. But I say this without any direct knowledge.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Thanks Sly. That's what I figured but was hoping there was some loophole that might give us more freedom to do as we please this season.
Well, with the Liberty app of Roku, LFSN is broadcast live, for free, in HD. Expect​ LU to make a push it to out of market alumni and fans this season so they have a viewership to parade for first year advertising.

Could LU broadcast FBS indy road games? It's free marketing for the home team if they don't have something in place.
For clarification, I have ROKU, can I get LFSN in my home in Raleigh, or is this just a local to Lynchburg thing? Thanks for any, all help.
By Class of 20Something
flameshaw wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

For clarification, I have ROKU, can I get LFSN in my home in Raleigh, or is this just a local to Lynchburg thing? Thanks for any, all help.
Search Liberty University under streaming channels. It has LFSN live. I just tried it this weekend in Charlotte and it worked. It also has recorded convos organized by month. It just released a week or so ago so it hasn't been tested during the football season yet.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: Search Liberty University under streaming channels. It has LFSN live. I just tried it this weekend in Charlotte and it worked. It also has recorded convos organized by month. It just released a week or so ago so it hasn't been tested during the football season yet.
Hmm. When I worked for IT I put in a request for a ROKU app to be built... I wonder if it was the same ticket request floating around? :lol:

What I really want now is an Apple TV app. Hey, if Amazon Prime can finally get an app (soon to be announced in June), why not LFSN? :lol: 8) :football
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There are more Fire TV devices than Apple TVs out there. Hopefully they produce an app soon for both.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]