Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Is there a prize for the team that signs the most recruits with only one offer? 8)
#fakenews

I just checked, and Graham is the only HS player in this class with no other offers (that we are aware of). I have no issue whatsoever with us making a bit of a reach on a kid his size who is a Liberty fit. Bodden and Firth have no other FBS offers, but Frith put up huge numbers against 7A competition in GA and Bodden is a 2 star and started for 2 state championship teams at perennial powerhouse Hoover HS.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:all i can do is laugh.
I get that, but I also think I understand why flamehunter posted it. We've got guys implying that this signing class is full of recruits with no other offers, when in fact the number of those we have is ZERO. I couldn't care less personally that Maine offered Graham a scholarship. All that matters is we did, and I believe his size and potential make it well worth taking a reach.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I worry a lot less about how many stars or offers our recruits have and more about what our staff does with them after they get here. So far that's a much bigger concern for me in the TG era than the quality of recruits they've been getting.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:I worry a lot less about how many stars or offers our recruits have and more about what our staff does with them after they get here. So far that's a much bigger concern for me in the TG era than the quality of recruits they've been getting.
Based off history, every rated recruit we have brought in has been nearly an instant contributor or starter. I will hate myself for saying this, but maybe we haven't had good depth because we are only good at developing players with a high rating?

We rarely develop unrated players into stars. However, we have consistently given good recruits fantastic opportunity to shine.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Carrington Moseley, Cephus Reddick, DaVonte Brown and several others started their careers as walk-ons and ended up being key contributors. Somewhere along the line some player development is going on for that to happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Carrington Moseley, Cephus Reddick, DaVonte Brown and several others started their careers as walk-ons and ended up being key contributors. Somewhere along the line some player development is going on for that to happen.
Obviously they are doing it on their own via YouTube videos. TG is a worthless coach dontchaknow :roll:
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:Carrington Moseley, Cephus Reddick, DaVonte Brown and several others started their careers as walk-ons and ended up being key contributors. Somewhere along the line some player development is going on for that to happen.
Kind of proving my point. Let's say we've had 150 different guys in the last 8 years. We've pulled in a hand full of three stars, and they all have contributed. We've pulled in a slightly larger hand full of 2 stars and that's probably what 75-80% success rate. Of the remaining 130 guys in the past ten years maybe 10 of them have been developed into real stars.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flamehunter wrote:I worry a lot less about how many stars or offers our recruits have and more about what our staff does with them after they get here. So far that's a much bigger concern for me in the TG era than the quality of recruits they've been getting.
Based off history, every rated recruit we have brought in has been nearly an instant contributor or starter. I will hate myself for saying this, but maybe we haven't had good depth because we are only good at developing players with a high rating?

We rarely develop unrated players into stars. However, we have consistently given good recruits fantastic opportunity to shine.
Actually, that is not accurate. At least 2 of our 3 star signees (Dallas Griffiths and Denvre Daniels) Were total flops, and the jury is still out on Keith Best and BJ Stubbs. We have had more walk-ons than 3 stars starting during Gill's tenure. Even Peterson did nothing as a FR and not much as a SO before his breakout JR year.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:
Actually, that is not accurate. At least 2 of our 3 star signees (Dallas Griffiths and Denvre Daniels) Were total flops, and the jury is still out on Keith Best and BJ Stubbs. We have had more walk-ons than 3 stars starting during Gill's tenure. Even Peterson did nothing as a FR and not much as a SO before his breakout JR year.
Go ahead and ignore the reply to you that directly addressed that.

You realize neither played their sophomore season? You also realize Dallas had a career ending injury? He had three sacks in three games as a true freshman.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]