Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I would expect most of the roster to turn over in the next 2 years. There are always various reasons but the main ones being that we should be bringing in superior recruits who will be bumping starters out of their spots and moving 2nd teamers further down the depth chart. And the fact that if we don't bring in enough of said recruits we will be losing a lot of games for the next few seasons. Many react poorly to adversity.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My best ballcoach impression:

Why would they leave a school as fine as liberty!!!!????????/

All kidding aside I don't think anybody who has followed the program relatively closely are surprised by these recent developments. I wish them them the best.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Neo wrote:Very few of these, and the upcoming transfers have to do with on the field issues.
:nod I suspect of these 3, only Masha is leaving primarily for football reasons.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My respect for Coach Gill's character continues to expand. To place this type of emphasis on the team at a time when his future is on less firm ground than he would prefer shows his commitment to developing his team inside and out.
By k9saber
Holloway is pursuing a career in law enforcement.

Frazier...met recently with law enforcement.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
k9saber wrote:Holloway is pursuing a career in law enforcement.

Frazier...met recently with law enforcement.
You are today's Interweb Winner
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Postman, i dont think weve had much attrition at all compared to rocco. I know uva has lost a lot of players over the last 3 to 4 years. More than we have.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If Holloway is pursuing law enforcement, he'll likely land at Sam Houston State near my place.
Maybe Tyrin is looking for something very specific or a place better known for producing LE professionals, but Liberty has a Criminal Justice major. I suspect this may have more to do with what we call "la verguenca".
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sam Houston State is about an hour away from his house and arguably the top school for Criminal Justice in the nation. Not surprising since it sits in a city of prisons.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:it sits in a city of prisons.
:jail
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Liberty response:

Sorry for trying to ruin your career.
You have a career?

I can only speculate that may have something to do with his fellow Texan Cam Jackson.
By cruzan_flame13
Just from reading his Instagram post, I think it's crazy that these players think that they are playing for a typical public university. I suppose that when they put themselves in consequential situations, they believe they will just get a slap on their hand or the school looks the other way. Brown states the school is not the way it seems but does not give any examples. I know LU isn't perfect but the only person that is ruining these players careers are themselves. They knew the rules before signing that contract to play ball. This is unfortunate but I rather him gone than causing more issues on himself or the program. I'm sure the coaches will find a replacement again.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Nothing says class like the middle finger emoji
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I am seeing some suggest that there are more departures to come and suggesting they are not on the field related. Are you suggesting these are all in reaction to the Cam thing and player initiated or that it is part of some sort of purge orchestrated by the staff to change a bad culture on the team? Or both?
By Class of 20Something
ALAFlamesFan wrote:I am seeing some suggest that there are more departures to come and suggesting they are not on the field related. Are you suggesting these are all in reaction to the Cam thing and player initiated or that it is part of some sort of purge orchestrated by the staff to change a bad culture on the team? Or both?
May be a bit of both. No one has ever accused Charlie Strong of being too easy of the players. I would be okay if Gill started to favor that. Our team needs to be above reproach. I want every Tim Tebow here.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
If they are not 100% with the program................................... GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now is a good time to purge any/all bad apples. The trick will then be to keep it that way.
Look up Bill Walton/John Wooden. :)
By R i
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion this all falls back on the coach. It takes very little looking around twitter, and Instagram to find out the life style and character that some of these guys had/have. Did the Cam Jackson case escalate this anti-Liberty sentiment, of course. I happen to think that Gill and company have lost control, and if they were pro active, they would use these transfers and releases as a chance to claim a purge. FBS happening could not have come at a better time. We needed a shakeup with talent level of recruits, and it appears that we needed a shake up of the type of character we are bringing in.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Totally agree with RI. Just go on their twitter pages. I just dont get why only now do they decide to play hard line on this crap.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:I am seeing some suggest that there are more departures to come and suggesting they are not on the field related. Are you suggesting these are all in reaction to the Cam thing and player initiated or that it is part of some sort of purge orchestrated by the staff to change a bad culture on the team? Or both?
May be a bit of both. No one has ever accused Charlie Strong of being too easy of the players. I would be okay if Gill started to favor that. Our team needs to be above reproach. I want every Tim Tebow here.
One can only hope for this. Not only having athletes that love God above all and building their character/leadership but to actually put in the work and actually win games at a sufficient level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]