Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:We seem to be hitting the West Coast JUCOs hard right now.
That's a good state to hit. McCaw was definitely not kidden. For a quiet guy he sure know how to do some work.
Is he out recruiting?
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:We seem to be hitting the West Coast JUCOs hard right now.
That's a good state to hit. McCaw was definitely not kidden. For a quiet guy he sure know how to do some work.
Is he out recruiting?
Probably more the Offensive Coordinator of our recruiting at this point. Telling them where and how, but sitting back and letting the coaches do the work. Unpopular opinion, but I think the IM hire will be looked back on as the reason we SUCCESSFULLY jumped to FBS. I don't believe that JB could have put together the schedule, nor recruiting surge required. We would have been FBS bound either way, but IM is our key to success.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I believe I can say with some confidence that IM is not micro-managing to the extent cruzan is suggesting. He has 20 other sports to oversee, and as far as football is concerned, even with Mickey doing a lot of the heavy lifting, he has plenty on his plate just with the scheduling. Gill and his staff are being extremely well paid to know where and how to recruit, and I really doubt Ian has that much specific knowledge to input anyway. If they don't get the job done, his involvement will then be to replace them.

I do hope at some point he has a "come to Jesus" meeting with Gill about the need to be more creative and diverse on offense. Not specific schemes, but rather a general philosophy. He has seen first hand at Baylor how an offense that is not only productive, but fun to watch and play in can energize an entire program, campus and community.
This was an important get. He certainly appears to be at least an upgrade from Hamilton, and hopefully can be Brown's replacement in the main interior DL rotation. Hopefully we are still in the mix for the other California JUCO tackle.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]