Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It still feels a bit surreal to see LU as FBS on multiple college football sites. Yet, here we are, the first spring practice as an FBS football program. Now, I do realize that we are in the "transition" period here and our schedule for this upcoming season is FCS but in the minds of our boys are three all important letters FBS.

With that said, I wanted to start a new thread about the 2017 Spring football practice and your expectations as well as what you are keeping your eye on during Spring football.

Let the fun begin.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We have I think 11 linemen for the spring...INCLUDING the new walkons and the early enrollee in Schultz...and added only one more in the incoming recruiting class
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
O-line is what has held this team back the last 2 years. Attribute that to what you want, but it's been a key issue. Interested to see how this unit shakes out over the next 5.5 months.
LUnpretty11 wrote:O-line is what has held this team back the last 2 years. Attribute that to what you want, but it's been a key issue. Interested to see how this unit shakes out over the next 5.5 months.
A. Men.

Football got too flashy. This is everywhere. HS, NCAA, NFL. Flashy football sold tickets. But trenchwork wins. Look at Bama. Bama wins by making a QB's life miserable. If you want to stall a productive offense, dominate the line. Look at the Patriots. With a throwing QB, TB was sacked just 15 times in 19 games. For comparison Andy Dalton was sacked 40 times last season.

If your QB can't step up in the pocket, if your RB can't find a gap because there isn't one, you will not succeed. Flashy talent is useless without good line play. I know this is old news to you guys, but golly, it was cathartic to type it out.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope we turn to page 2 of the play book, and do something other than try to run off right side of the line on 1st/2nd down.
So very true....and as of late...frustrating. We have put two+ years of a VERY vanilla offense on the field. If that does not show some improvement this year; I think the question may be....is our current staff even capable of more?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to article in today's News & Advance, there will be more plays added to offense.

The more simpler an offense is, the easier the opponent's Defensive Coordinator's job is.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The local paper also said Masha is moving to RB and Spencer Jones is moving to WR.

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... 656d0.html
Last edited by Cider Jim on March 28th, 2017, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After Buckshot took over as QB last year, Masha should have still been utilized in offense. Heck I could draw up some "trick plays" to take advantage of his talent. A trick play would have been better than running off tackle for no gain.
ballcoach15 wrote:After Buckshot took over as QB last year, Masha should have still been utilized in offense. Heck I could draw up some "trick plays" to take advantage of his talent. A trick play would have been better than running off tackle for no gain.
Even some direct snaps taken from a FB position. Behind Buckshot.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:They must have moved the IPF Camera. Whoops.

http://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/ind ... rth%20View

Immediate revelation. They moved it for the new Locker Room. This just told us their time frame to demo.
I hope no one is using it!!! :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody tailgating before the spring game? :tailgate
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]