Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Sum. We do like breaking out the charcoal grill.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:This will be first spring game I have missed in longer than I can remember. I will be at Gardner Webb for softball.
At your age, memory probably isn't what it used to be :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:shock: That's what I get for staying home and cutting grass. :brownbag
By Footballfan
Going to more controlled scrimmage now - 7 on 7

Offense 59
Defense - 24

MVP
Offense - Cephas Reddick
Defense - Rion Davis
Special Teams - Devin Fisher
Luke 2:52 - Kendall Couamin
Footballfan wrote:Alex Prophet 2 of 3 on Field Goals. His missed from 60 yards

Cephas Reddick w/ TD catch as well
Probert had the leg. Just missed wide right. 63 is the NFL record. I'm pretty happy with his progress.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Footballfan wrote:Going to more controlled scrimmage now - 7 on 7

Offense 59
Defense - 24

MVP
Offense - Cephas Reddick
Defense - Rion Davis
Special Teams - Devin Fisher
Luke 2:52 - Kendall Couamin
I take it the guys you listed as MVP were the Samkon Gado award winners for most improved players in Spring practice, AKA the "kiss of death" award. No less than 4 or 5 guys who have won this have basically disappeared off the face of the earth the next Fall.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I went to my first Spring game today. It was ok, maybe I was expecting too much. Buckshot looked good, couple of the receivers made nice catches, Hickson and Mosely looked good running the ball. Don't like the 3-4 defense, never have. Probert did a good job kicking the ball.
By rtb72
flameshaw wrote:I went to my first Spring game today. It was ok, maybe I was expecting too much. Buckshot looked good, couple of the receivers made nice catches, Hickson and Mosely looked good running the ball. Don't like the 3-4 defense, never have. Probert did a good job kicking the ball.
I thought Mosley and Hickson looked good too. Buckshot was comfortable and looked pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by QB Mason Cunningham. He saw a few snaps and had a nice touch on the ball. Probert will be huge this year. He may very well have the distance of Lunsford... but with more accuracy. I couldn't get a good feel for the O-line. This was really my main interest of the day. They did some drills, but it's hard to tell in the model they run for the Spring Game. Thankfully, I saw some diversity in the offensive play calling they ran...I just hope it makes it to the field of play on game days.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Per Probert's interview, Spence Jones is now our holder. Great move. Instead of a punter, we have an athletic WR/QB who can do multiple things if a fake is in order.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:I went to my first Spring game today. It was ok, maybe I was expecting too much. Buckshot looked good, couple of the receivers made nice catches, Hickson and Mosely looked good running the ball. Don't like the 3-4 defense, never have. Probert did a good job kicking the ball.
I thought Mosley and Hickson looked good too. Buckshot was comfortable and looked pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by QB Mason Cunningham. He saw a few snaps and had a nice touch on the ball. Probert will be huge this year. He may very well have the distance of Lunsford... but with more accuracy. I couldn't get a good feel for the O-line. This was really my main interest of the day. They did some drills, but it's hard to tell in the model they run for the Spring Game. Thankfully, I saw some diversity in the offensive play calling they ran...I just hope it makes it to the field of play on game days.
Cunningham was definitely the 2nd best QB and was a pleasant surprise. Nice touch on the ball, good accuracy. It gets REAL scary after those two though. Not sure we have a solid D1 prospect after those 2. Maybe the others were nervous, saw too many wounded ducks, bad passes after 1 and 2.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jeremiah is a walk-on so Im not shocked he had some trouble in his first spring game on that stage. Yearick should have shown a lot better since he came in early AND had an entire season to work before spring ball this year
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I am assuming that Jeremiah is the grandson of a certain high profile pastor. If so, he is the nephew of "Move the Sticks".
There was another David Jeremiah here as a QB for 1 season, Dr. Jeremiah's son. So this is the next generation I presume?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]