Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Aidan Alves
6' 1" 210 lbs Punter/Kicker
Dillsburg (PA) Northern York HS

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Carlisle (PA) The Sentinel wrote:HS FOOTBALL
Northern's Aidan Alves will kick at Liberty University; Red Land duo also announce college commitments
Jake Adams The Sentinel

Sentinel file
Aidan Alves, kicker/punter for Northern, announced his commitment to Liberty University on Monday.

In the end, Liberty checked off all the right boxes for Northern kicker Aidan Alves.

The senior kicker and punter, a 2016 All-Sentinel First Team selection, chose the Christian school in Virginia because of its big school feel, religious background, education and opportunity on the field.

He announced the decision on Twitter Monday afternoon.

"There’s a lot of school pride at Liberty, and the energy there really made me feel good," said Alves, who expects to back up and learn from Liberty's senior punter. "It really was everything that I said I wanted."

Alves was among the Mid-Penn leaders in 2016 with eight field goals, including a 43-yarder against Greencastle-Antrim and a game-winning 38-yarder against previously unbeaten Shippensburg. He led the area's kickers with 56 points, and added 21 touchbacks and nine punts inside the 20-yard line.

James Madison and Fordham were originally high up on Alves' radar during the fall. He also had interest from Ursinus and Susquehanna. He is considering a degree in business or something in the prosthetics industry.
Click Here for Full Story

[youtube]cPBzYVBSOAk[/youtube]
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This gives us a little more depth at the punter position. Turner will be a senior and Gibson I don't think has punted since he was at Grassfield...the last thing we would need is for the former to get injured and have all the kicking and punting handled by two guys, one of whom hasn't taken a collegiate kick of any sort.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Apparently word of our move up hasn't hit the Pennsylvania media:
Penn Live wrote:Northern all-state kicker Aidan Alves selects FCS Liberty University as next stop

By Eric F. Epler | eepler@pennlive.com
on March 15, 2017 3:05 PM, updated March 15, 2017 3:17 PM

It appears patience has paid off for Northern’s Aidan Alves.

Hoping for the right opportunity to come along, the Polar Bears’ all-state kicker found it recently as a preferred walk-on at Liberty University. Alves picked the Flames last week.

“I wasn’t quite sure where I was going to end up, but eventually I was a patient and Liberty became an option for me,” said Alves, who helped steer coach Bill Miller and Northern (7-4) to the District 3 postseason in November.

“It clicked for me. I felt right. The opportunity to play at that level, I had to take up the offer.”
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
PA natives Medic and McCracken and SCAR need to work on that. :fineprint
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:PA natives Medic and McCracken and SCAR need to work on that. :fineprint
Liberty is somewhat known in my area. Being a more conservative region (Lancaster) it’s known just not followed due to the overstuffed big blue cat a few hours north. Oh, and the (V) currently playing hoops.
Sly Fox wrote:I emailed the writer and he defended the FCS jab that we weren't fully FBS until 2019. :roll:
Isn't that more of a jab to the student-athlete than the school? I would be bragging up the local kid if it was me saying he's going to play for an FBS school. Probably a history there somewhere for the writer.
Sly Fox wrote:I emailed the writer and he defended the FCS jab that we weren't fully FBS until 2019. :roll:
Way to be 'That Guy' :roll:
Sly Fox wrote:I thought I was doing the guy a solid by helping him fix a mistake. He didn't take it that way.
And that surprises you?

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]