Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Community involvement has been a systemic problem at LU for a long long time
Your idea is certainly not without merit. There are just some things that have happened that make that difficult to do
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:
They should tier club level. For example $1000 donation you can buy 2 season tickets, $1500 donation 3 tickets. $2000 donation 4 tickets, $3000 8 tickets. Only the $2000 & $3000 level should be able to buy extra single game tickets, space available the week of the game.

:dontgetit
After this next season, club level is likely to be tiered, but there will not be access for less than the Director's Level. Even before the FBS announcement, it was likely that the club level seats would sell out for the 2017 season. For the 2018 season, it may be difficult to get club level seats at the Director's Level unless there is an accumulation of loyalty points. All of this could change if there is an additional premium seat location available with additional inventory as part of the stadium expansion.

You can view the current Flames Club membership levels at this link.
[url]http://www..edu/flamesclub/index.cfm?PID=30812[/url]
I have about 5-6 seasons at Director's level. Last year I renewed at the lowest level and helped my nephew to Coach's level. I have a lot of points but I have a hard time justifying Director's Level and only need 3-4 tickets. Maybe I should look for someone to split it.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Community involvement has been a systemic problem at LU for a long long time
Your idea is certainly not without merit. There are just some things that have happened that make that difficult to do
I know it isn't as easy as putting together a more competitive benefits program, but it's a good starting point. It's easier to sell Lynchburgers on the idea of a Flames Club membership when there is a "free" putt-putt night, movie night, go-cart night and Hillcats night etc. It shows that Liberty wants to engage the community in the community while pulling the community on campus for sporting events. Just my .02
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: I have about 5-6 seasons at Director's level. Last year I renewed at the lowest level and helped my nephew to Coach's level. I have a lot of points but I have a hard time justifying Director's Level and only need 3-4 tickets. Maybe I should look for someone to split it.
I love the fact that you have been such a loyal member! I would give that much if I could, but this proves my points above. A $60 membership still gets you good seats in 104/106, so why drop the big $? I'm not saying people shouldn't, quite the opposite. I would love to see a membership structure that gives incentives to those that purchase a bigger membership. The mindset needs to shift from "donating" to "purchasing an exclusive membership".
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I agree.

If you have 8 people that want to split/donate for club level seating it's worth it. It's nice! But if you only need 3-4 seats it's steep. Hopefully with stadium expansion coming there will be more premium opportunities for smaller groups.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]