Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Given their proximity, how can UVA or VT not be included on any "most likely" list of possibilities?
UVA needs wins. Would LU count as an FBS win?
Road wins at that. Save Scott Stadium for when you need it.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:So I just saw our AD Mccaw interviewed by York and Mccaw mentioned that we have power 5 schools plural coming to play us in Lynchburg. Most likely? Wake, NC State, Duke, Vandy, Miss. St.?
Not Duke. Not for several years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Most likely? Wake, NC State, Duke, Vandy, Miss. St.?
Why MS State? Do we have some connection there?

Now Ole Miss or Marshall would be GREAT additions to the schedule, but NO idea of they are being considered.
By cruzan_flame13
Cider Jim wrote:

Now Ole Miss or Marshall would be GREAT additions to the schedule, but NO idea of they are being considered.
Ole Miss? Although that sounds nice, I would be more surprised to see them on the schedule than Miss St. Marshall would be a good fit as well and maybe a rivalry between VA/WVA.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:

Marshall makes all sorts of sense. Especially if LU is laying out big bucks for guarantees. LU gets a familiar FBS team in Lynchburg. The Turd get a regional game within driving distance. They get a winnable FBS road game. They get a nice check.

Ole Miss would be a stretch.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Why is Ole Miss more of a stretch than MS State?

When I was going to Ole Miss 20-some years ago, they were considered very conservative politically/socially and some students even considered it almost a "Christian" college because of the family values upheld by their faculty, staff, and students.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Why is Ole Miss more of a stretch than MS State?

When I was going to Ole Miss 20-some years ago, they were considered very conservative politically/socially and some students even considered it almost a "Christian" college because of the family values upheld by their faculty, staff, and students.
I think MS State would be a stretch too. I can see LU playing either at their place but not in The Burg
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Ole Miss is now probably one of the more liberal institutions in the SEC.

They aren't coming here, regardless of politics. Neither is any other SEC team any time soon. I don't think we could get Vandy for the foreseeable future. But I could be wrong.

Oh. Don't look for the Thundering Turd either.
FIFY
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Don't look for the Thundering Herd either.
Crybaby
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The most likely scenario will probably be a couple ACC schools within the region...MAYBE a B1G school, and possibly WVU from the Big 12 as well. Otherwise, Im curious who he got to come to Lynchburg

As a side note...Id love, as a pipe dream, if they threw around the idea of College Gameday coming to Lynchburg for our first ever FBS home game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The most likely scenario will probably be a couple ACC schools within the region...MAYBE a B1G school, and possibly WVU from the Big 12 as well. Otherwise, Im curious who he got to come to Lynchburg

As a side note...Id love, as a pipe dream, if they threw around the idea of College Gameday coming to Lynchburg for our first ever FBS home game.
If The Turds aren't coming than the Mighty Moutaineers will be happy to continue to host the Flames in Couch Country!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
COUCH = :flamethrower
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Knowing Liberty's PR reputation, the P5 school I'm sure is somewhere on the level of Kansas.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:We should just be happy if we can get any FBS teams coming here in the next 2 seasons. Pretty short notice. A team like Kansas should be seen as a coup.
But after LU puts Bama ND VT and Clemson on their home schedule they wil need an easy game like Kansas Why are you not seeing that? :dontgetit
By Dirty 30
East Carolina has an open spot in their schedule now for 2019 with South Carolina pulling out because they will play UNC in Charlotte that year. They are looking for a non Power 5 team. What do you guys think about ECU?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Knowing Liberty's PR reputation, the P5 school I'm sure is somewhere on the level of Kansas.
I would LOVE to see us play (and beat) Kansas, just to put the blowhard fans who ripped on Gill (and us for hiring him) when he first came here, in their place. That place of course is last place in the Big 12, where they were before, during and after the 2 years Turner spent there, and where they still remain. Probably the worst football program in any P5 conference.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
Rutgers, Maryland, Duke, because we’ll appear to be an easy beat down to the home teams. Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia, because we’ve played before when we were FCS. Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, South, Carolina, Kentucky, because we would enhance their strength of schedule as opposed to signing a deal with an FCS for mid season or tune up games.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Dirty 30 wrote:East Carolina has an open spot in their schedule now for 2019 with South Carolina pulling out because they will play UNC in Charlotte that year. They are looking for a non Power 5 team. What do you guys think about ECU?
""It’s expected that both ECU and South Carolina will add home games vs. middle-to-lower level FBS opponents.""

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/04/sout ... -carolina/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Dirty 30 wrote:East Carolina has an open spot in their schedule now for 2019 with South Carolina pulling out because they will play UNC in Charlotte that year. They are looking for a non Power 5 team. What do you guys think about ECU?
""It’s expected that both ECU and South Carolina will add home games vs. middle-to-lower level FBS opponents.""

Playing at South Carolina is a neat experience. Having 1/2 the stadium yell GO then the other half yell COCKS is awesome.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:

Playing at South Carolina is a neat experience. Having 1/2 the stadium yell GO then the other half yell COCKS is awesome.
I don't see any way a bunch of college age males could pervert that. Sounds good to me!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, isn't there a school where their mascot is the NADS, and they do a similar cheer (seriously)?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Marshall and ECU would be good additions to schedule, and I think both will happen in near future. Also, I think there will be a SEC team coming to Lynchburg. I do not know date, but it's gonna happen. I believe McCaw and Jerry Jr. have the "connections" to make it happen. I would like to see LU and Marshall do a "home/away" deal for the next 10 years. this would be a good rivalry to start.

Once we get a couple full FBS schedules on the board, I think the naysayers will be surprised and/or shocked as to who we get.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 19th, 2017, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, isn't there a school where their mascot is the NADS, and they do a similar cheer (seriously)?
Nads is the nickname for the hockey team of the Rhode Island School of design. Their basketball nickname is the Balls and their "unofficial" mascot is a guy in a penis suit who goes by "Scrotie"
http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/03/0 ... s-go-nads/
Nothing like a good deep throaty cheer of GO NADS! Especially when playing the Blue Hoes
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]