Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I suspect I know where you will be on 11/13/21, CJ. Hotty Toddy!
:clapping We almost reached a trifecta of my alma maters--Ole Miss and UVa. I guess we are shooting too high to schedule the Thundering Herd.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
IM mentioned in an interview last month that LU will be taking $25 deposits for 2018 season tickets. I do not see it anywhere on the LU website. Does anyone know about this?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I suspect there may come a point where we don't have to schedule them for OOC games. 8)
You mean Marshall is going to have a Varsity football team?
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Great schedule and great job by the AD'S. Now, anyone else scared we are going 2-10 in 2018? We need the football staff to step it up or it could be really ugly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Great schedule and great job by the AD'S. Now, anyone else scared we are going 2-10 in 2018? We need the football staff to step it up or it could be really ugly.
Judging by his reaction Trump is worried
By gerb
"This is a solid schedule for a transitioning team. I was wondering how many home games Liberty would be able to arrange and well, they got six in their first season which is a sweet haul. They took the initiative and got games with every G5 independent, plus they have a home-and-home with BYU coming up.

If they play some more down the road, Old Dominion and Liberty could become an in-state rivalry. Furthermore, although not this year, they do have future home games against Wake Forest, Virginia, and BYU. The fact the schedule isn’t flooded with money-games is a great surprise as their resources is no doubt legit. Great job of scheduling, Flames."

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017/5/1 ... inion-nmsu
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I be glad when the first Power 5 conference school comes to Lynchburg. I hope it's one of the "big boys".
Do you count BYU? 2022 Would be their first trip here. They certainly have a better team than UVa. BYU on the mountain is a sell out, I don't care how big the stadium is then.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know good and well that ballcoach only acknowledgea P5 schools and even then it's gotta be from the SEC for him to even.care
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I'm starting to think ballcoach is actually a closet Coastal and JMU fan.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:I'm starting to think ballcoach is actually a closet Coastal and JMU fan.
Did I miss Coastal on the LU schedule?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The first word in on the financial cost of our 2018 schedule. 1.32 MILLION to ODU!

That is a boatload of $$$$, but as far as I can tell, it got us a home game without a return. I would imagine the door is still open for a future home and home. Money well spent to get an in-state potential future rival for our first FBS game at the Bill.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I hope Auburn is paying LU more than that
Not likely. I think the al ltime record is 1.5 mil and a mil or more is still rare.
By Ewglenn
oldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I hope Auburn is paying LU more than that
Not likely. I think the al ltime record is 1.5 mil and a mil or more is still rare.
UGA is paying someone 1.7 here soon. But I agree it will probably be less. Maybe 1-1.2.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So what's the grand total LU is paying out in guaranteed games in 2018? 2019? What is LU getting in guarantees?
By willflop
And tied to that, what type of revenue does a home game even bring? Even if we pack out 30k people, would only put a small dent in it.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]