Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
thepostman wrote:Yeah. The visiting teams can get suited up in the bus!

I'm sure ballcoach agrees.
Yep and just plant a few port-a-potties outside the bus along with a white board and a red marker and they're good to go.
:lol: 8)
Works for me. I'm of the opinion that the visitors locker room should only contain the barest required minimum
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It doesnt need to be the stinkin Taj Mahal over there, but with five months, they can at least put decent facilities there. I'm not completely certain the FBS travel squad limits but I'd plan for 60-70 lockers personally
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Id be perfectly happy if it stunk over in the visitors locker room. Maybe a slow leak in the sewage line?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Couple of points. 1) We are trying to do everything we can to get teams to come here. A quality, comfortable locker room helps. A gross, barren, space hurts the sales pitch of coming to Lynchburg. 2) I think the crap locker room is no longer an advantage. I actually think having a really luxurious, comfortable visitor's room is a psychological advantage these days. Distract them and lull them to sleep with the cushiness. A garbage locker room just makes them mad.
Your 1st point is a valid one. Your second I can take issue with.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As stated earlier in thread, we probably need to go the route of a nice Visitor's Locker Room, in that we need to get teams to want to come to LU. I am sure that crappy locker room could very well keep some teams away.

I dream of the day Alabama comes to Lynchburg.
By cruzan_flame13
Dalegarz1 wrote:Is that before or after the tribulation, ballcoach?
You know, that's exactly what some folks probably said about Notre Dame 70-80 years ago. It may seem like a joke, but it isn't impossible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
You know, that's exactly what some folks probably said about Notre Dame 70-80 years ago. It may seem like a joke, but it isn't impossible.
They went 6-2 and finished #9 in the AP. 80 years ago
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sch ... /1937.html

They went 9-0 and finished #1 70 years ago with what some argue was their greatest team ever
http://www.uhnd.com/history/national-ch ... mpionship/
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
They went 6-2 and finished #9 in the AP. 80 years ago
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sch ... /1937.html

They went 9-0 and finished #1 70 years ago with what some argue was their greatest team ever
http://www.uhnd.com/history/national-ch ... mpionship/
My point is that they started from the bottom and made it through. It may take time but it's not impossible for us to play Bama some day. It could be quicker than we think or it could be slower. It is still possible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
But you said 70 or 80 years ago. I'm trying to find ANY parallel between ND football and LU football. Other than the fact it says 'football' I'm not seeing it. So please, enlighten me
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:But you said 70 or 80 years ago. I'm trying to find ANY parallel between ND football and LU football. Other than the fact it says 'football' I'm not seeing it. So please, enlighten me
There's nothing to be enlightened about smh. There are more than just football between the two school's athletic path, well at least according to Notre Dame’s president emeritus, the Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh. In his letter to chancellor Falwell Jr., the late Hesburgh did discuss about Note Dame's rise to the top from it's beginnings and how LU is on the same path. I'm sure he knows more than you and myself and not some websites who weren't even there when college football started to become extremely popular.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:But you said 70 or 80 years ago. I'm trying to find ANY parallel between ND football and LU football. Other than the fact it says 'football' I'm not seeing it. So please, enlighten me
There's nothing to be enlightened about smh. There are more than just football between the two school's athletic path, well at least according to Notre Dame’s president emeritus, the Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh. In his letter to chancellor Falwell Jr., the late Hesburgh did discuss about Note Dame's rise to the top from it's beginnings and how LU is on the same path. I'm sure he knows more than you and myself and not some websites who weren't even there when college football started to become extremely popular.
So you are comparing LU to 1913 ND :dontgetit Look I get the enthusiasm but any and all comparisons to ND football are pure folly rooted in delusion. That game the ND letter talked about? An away game. I can see LU going to Tuscaloosa and playing. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised. LU will forge its own trajectory and it will look nothing like ND
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
So you are comparing LU to 1913 ND :dontgetit Look I get the enthusiasm but any and all comparisons to ND football are pure folly rooted in delusion. That game the ND letter talked about? An away game. I can see LU going to Tuscaloosa and playing. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised. LU will forge its own trajectory and it will look nothing like ND
A win is a win so how is that delusional? Why the pessimism? This is a new century and you act like things can't and will not change. That win will always be in the svhool's history no matter how long ago it was. It something that people are proud of. The point is the original thought was one day Alabama can come to Lynchburg. No one said it will be a cake walk or it will happen tomorrow. You just like to prove something when folks are just brainstorming of what LU football will be in the future. Anything can happen. I remember when App State beat Michigan a decade and some ago. No one thought that can happen. Any upset can happen and progress can continue. LU has the will and money to help them to gain a successful program. I may not be like a public school but not all top athletes want to go to school to party or reach the NFL. So again I stand with the statement that anything can happen. If you disagree, then that's okay too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Your statement that 'anything can happen' is a far different one than 'people were saying the same thing about ND 70-80 years ago'.
Yes anything can happen. But I don't make retirement plans based on playing Powerball. It's not pessimism it's realism. You will even note that I lauded the enthusiasm. I was just taking issue with comparing LU to ND.
If I WAS a pessimist I'd point to all the dead bodies on Everest and note they thought anything could happen too.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Your statement that 'anything can happen' is a far different one than 'people were saying the same thing about ND 70-80 years ago'.
Yes anything can happen. But I don't make retirement plans based on playing Powerball. It's not pessimism it's realism. You will even note that I lauded the enthusiasm. I was just taking issue with comparing LU to ND.
If I WAS a pessimist I'd point to all the dead bodies on Everest and note they thought anything could happen too.

Guess o was 20+ years short for you to get the point. LU is not identical but it is similar with LU wanting to exceed just like Notre Dame did and succeeded. The only thing that's going on here is visioning a possibility. I dont know ehy youre going beyond with just a disvussion. No one is "making retirement plans" but knowing that I have a better chance of winning the jackpot because I baught a ticket and not just pipedreaming about it(notice the ones who said they were realests are the first ones to love you when the incident actually happens). The last sentence was basically repetitive analogy like your jackpot example. At least those hikers attempted and not wimped out. That's actually the problem with folks. Their vision is so small and doubtful that they're afraid to face a challenge. So o give some respect to Jerry Jr. for wanting to accomplish a vision where he saw from the beginning at a young age. When aiming for success, one will eventually face criticism. Just have to prove the critics wrong.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Your statement that 'anything can happen' is a far different one than 'people were saying the same thing about ND 70-80 years ago'.

Guess o was 20+ years short for you to get the point. LU is not identical but it is similar with LU wanting to exceed just like Notre Dame did and succeeded. The only thing that's going on here is visioning a possibility. I dont know ehy youre going beyond with just a disvussion. No one is "making retirement plans" but knowing that I have a better chance of winning the jackpot because I baught a ticket and not just pipedreaming about it(notice the ones who said they were realests are the first ones to love you when the incident actually happens). The last sentence was basically repetitive analogy like your jackpot example. At least those hikers attempted and not wimped out. That's actually the problem with folks. Their vision is so small and doubtful that they're afraid to face a challenge. So o give some respect to Jerry Jr. for wanting to accomplish a vision where he saw from the beginning at a young age. When aiming for success, one will eventually face criticism. Just have to prove the critics wrong.
Ok. You got me. Both ND and LU want to have successful programs. So that means that both programs are similar. After all, they are the only 2 programs in football history who have ever wanted to be successful :roll:
I'm not taking issue with the move to FBS. I'm taking issue with people drawing crazy comparisons between LU and ND. You made a statement that was demonstrably not true, I was pointing that out. There ARE schools to model LU after in its pursuit of FBS success. ND isn't one of them. Other than the wanting to be successful part.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for Alabama coming to LU, I recall several years ago, the Crimson Tide went to Duke. It will take some "backroom networking", but stranger things have happened.

I remember people laughing when Dr. Falwell said he was starting a college.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Anything is possible if you just believe hard enough
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:As for Alabama coming to LU, I recall several years ago, the Crimson Tide went to Duke. It will take some "backroom networking", but stranger things have happened.

Alabama went to Duke because Saban and Cutcliffe have a relationship. Alabama played Duke as a favor. It wasn't strange, or random. Alabama isn't taking a trip to Lynchburg....sorry.

With that said, please tell me no one on here actually purchases lottery tickets. You're literally throwing money away.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:As for Alabama coming to LU, I recall several years ago, the Crimson Tide went to Duke. It will take some "backroom networking", but stranger things have happened.

Alabama went to Duke because Saban and Cutcliffe have a relationship. Alabama played Duke as a favor. It wasn't strange, or random. Alabama isn't taking a trip to Lynchburg....sorry.

With that said, please tell me no one on here actually purchases lottery tickets. You're literally throwing money away.
Anything is possible and you can't win if you don't play. People laughed at Elon Musk too
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I buy one every so often if there is a big number because I have had some pretty grandiose dreams for what I'd do with that kind of money...build a house, invest, take that trip to Europe I missed in high school, endow a couple scholarships at LU.....A FEW others I can't remember right now
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

Guess o was 20+ years short for you to get the point. LU is not identical but it is similar with LU wanting to exceed just like Notre Dame did and succeeded. The only thing that's going on here is visioning a possibility. I dont know ehy youre going beyond with just a disvussion. No one is "making retirement plans" but knowing that I have a better chance of winning the jackpot because I baught a ticket and not just pipedreaming about it(notice the ones who said they walests are the first ones to love you when the incident actually happens). The last sentence was basically repetitive analogy like your jackpot example. At least those hikers attempted and not wimped out. That's actually the problem with folks. Their vision is so small and doubtful that they're afraid to face a challenge. So o give some respect to Jerry Jr. for wanting to accomplish a vision where he saw from the beginning at a young age. When aiming for success, one will eventually face criticism. Just have to prove the critics wrong.
Ok. You got me. Both ND and LU want to have successful programs. So that means that both programs are similar. After all, they are the only 2 programs in football history who have ever wanted to be successful :roll:
I'm not taking issue with the move to FBS. I'm taking issue with people drawing crazy comparisons between LU and ND. You made a statement that was demonstrably not true, I was pointing that out. There ARE schools to model LU after in its pursuit of FBS success. ND isn't one of them. Other than the wanting to be successful part.
-"After all, they are the only 2 programs in football history who have ever wanted to be successful ."

-Well compared to the others that are not private or religious, then the number dwindles very heavily. Apparently, it is demonstrstely true because you pointed it out. Not the fact that the person who was literally present plus helped made Notre Dame the institution that it is today compared the two schools. Of course that's not good enough for you, so it's wrong smh.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Theodore Hesburgh was leading ND from 1913 on? Wow. Talk about job security
I'm just glad BYU SMU Baylor and USC don't want to have successful football teams. LU has the inside track
By gerb
Purple Haize wrote:Anything is possible if you just believe hard enough
[youtube]yCFB2akLh4s[/youtube]
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now.

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]