Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
LiberTbone07 wrote: Thanks!
It's great having new folks on the board. Stick around and keep posting.

It is clear, regardless how much PH hates the move to FBS, the move has helped increase the following and interest of our fans/alumni.

Can't wait until there is a second tower on the student side with a packed house.
Don't put words in my mouth jack azz
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Don't put words in my mouth jack azz
Hey hey hey now... It's all in good fun :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:...and so the juvenile discussion continues
I know you are but what am I?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Don't put words in my mouth jack azz
Hey hey hey now... It's all in good fun :D
Then state my positions correctly. Or so absurdly that everyone knows it's a joke.
I have posted next to nothing negative about the move. And if you paid attention you'd know that the move the FBS isn't something I wholeheartedly opposed. I was opposed to the SBC and to Independent but we now have facts on the ground. So I have said on several occasions that hopefully this is will lead to a CUSA or better invite. I've listed the challenges that will face LU and asked several questions to gauge where fandom sits. SLY may not think Briles will be LU's new Coach and others may think ND and Alabama are going to be on the schedule next week but they haven't given reason for supporting those notions either I prefer to take a more pragmatic approach How many people were speaking as the ND would become a H-H rivalry but when asked to explain their position only one brave soul did so
So yes it s all for fun. Maybe i over reacted a smidge but your track record for reading comprehension and accuracy is sketchy at best
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
There is a lot to unpack in that paragraph, so I will leave a simple apology. I thought my statement was clearly in jest and to give you a hard time, because you are the resident keeper of the dark side.
I have agreed with you on many points and several that you pointed out above.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:There is a lot to unpack in that paragraph, so I will leave a simple apology. I thought my statement was clearly in jest and to give you a hard time, because you are the resident keeper of the dark side.
I have agreed with you on many points and several that you pointed out above.
Then let us call a truce dear minstrel and continue on our merry way! :usa :queen :tailgate :flamingdevil
By cruzan_flame13
Speaking of the bill (not sure if this should be in the LU expansion thread), it seem like the idea of the overall stadium will be more than just a horseshoe. On the sketches of the indoor football facility it seem like stadium will be a complete oval or at least close enough to the Williams football facility. Not sure if it will be done but the idea is still there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:^Play nice and stop being petty. :mrgreen:
Bite me :dramaqueen
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Speaking of the bill (not sure if this should be in the LU expansion thread), it seem like the idea of the overall stadium will be more than just a horseshoe. On the sketches of the indoor football facility it seem like stadium will be a complete oval or at least close enough to the Williams football facility. Not sure if it will be done but the idea is still there.
I'm a big fan of keeping the Grassy Noll and sprucing it up a bit.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Speaking of the bill (not sure if this should be in the LU expansion thread), it seem like the idea of the overall stadium will be more than just a horseshoe. On the sketches of the indoor football facility it seem like stadium will be a complete oval or at least close enough to the Williams football facility. Not sure if it will be done but the idea is still there.
What if the grassy area stays but they create an upper deck horseshoe that'll connect the west and east side? And then the grassy part can be reconstructed to look like a stair-like structure (have four/five flat rows with a nice monument or something that folks can make a tradition out of)
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
You did not just hit me with the drama queen thingy. :dontgetit
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
What if the grassy area stays but they create an upper deck horseshoe that'll connect the west and east side? And then the grassy part can be reconstructed to look like a stair-like structure (have four/five flat rows with a nice monument or something that folks can make a tradition out of)
That Visitors locker room has to go. They need to at least make it respectable. Opposing coaches can't feel like that's Liberty's standard.

On visiting teams gameday experience. Why on earth are they not on the field when our guys come out? We get no chance to rattle anyone. They aren't out for the prayer or the anthem. That isn't right and frankly took from the gameday experience a bit.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
You did not just hit me with the drama queen thingy. :dontgetit
I mean if the shoe fits.....(but that was for me ha)
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20something has a point. The visitors locker room is quite old and would not gain respect from the opposing football coaches. There need to be a new and improved locker room where we can have something to make them less focus. Also we should have the team out on the field during the prayer and national anthem. They deserve the respect and it is also Christ-like to do so. Makes them feel appreciated to be at the bill. You only earn respect when you give respect. Any other ideas of how the visitors side should look or thiughts on what I suggested on the grassy area?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Class of 20something has a point. The visitors locker room is quite old and would not gain respect from the opposing football coaches. There need to be a new and improved locker room where we can have something to make them less focus. Also we should have the team out on the field during the prayer and national anthem. They deserve the respect and it is also Christ-like to do so. Makes them feel appreciated to be at the bill. You only earn respect when you give respect. Any other ideas of how the visitors side should look or thiughts on what I suggested on the grassy area?
I disagree. Why should LU pamper the visitors? IMO that's part of Home Field Advantage. Give them the bare minimum or less if you can get away with it. We played one school that had no dividers between the toilets. So if you went #2 there was no privacy Some schools paint the visiting locker room pink. No need to coddle
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:We played one school that had no dividers between the toilets. So if you went #2 there was no privacy
Purple, with all due respect, isn't that the difference between LU being FBS and your playing D3 Play Basketball ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:We played one school that had no dividers between the toilets. So if you went #2 there was no privacy
Purple, with all due respect, isn't that the difference between LU being FBS and your playing D3 Play Basketball ?
I did not play D3 thank you very much Play Basketball
But the principle is the same.
Iowa is FBS and better than LU
http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2014 ... ocker-room
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: I mean if the shoe fits.....(but that was for me ha)
I knew it was for you. :mrgreen:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been in Visitor's locker room many times. It is good enough for visitor's. Actually it's better than some FBS locker rooms I have been in. But with bigger schools coming in future, enlarging it might be good.
Something needs to go behind it, to close in that end of stadium. Hopefully it will be bleachers/seats. That was in original plans for stadium expansion. Not sure if it's been revised.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been in Visitor's locker room many times. It is good enough for visitor's. Actually it's better than some FBS locker rooms I have been in. But with bigger schools coming in future, enlarging it might be good.
Something needs to go behind it, to close in that end of stadium. Hopefully it will be bleachers/seats. That was in original plans for stadium expansion. Not sure if it's been revised.
It seem that it may be revised according to the press conference discussion on the bill's expansion. I was stating earlier from what I've seen on VMDO's indoor football facility sketches. If that is the final position, then it seem that the stadium can fill more than 50,000 spectators.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:Image

How great is it to see this on the homepage of CSNBBS?!
Fitting how we're sandwiched right between BYU and Notre Dame. Certainly better for branding than the Sun Belt would have been.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’ll[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]