Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We should expand to at least 40,000. Once FBS teams start coming to Lynchburg, attendance will be good. teams we play now, never bring any fans . Bringing in P5 teams from east and south, and they will have a good fan base. Even some non P5 teams will bring more fans than all BSC teams bring, combined.
There is the wild baseless over speculation that I have come to expect
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
How many fans will New Mexico bring? More then Coastal or Charleston Southern? Seems unlikely. Attendance bump for an FBS home game could not be more than 5-10 thousand. What is our attendance ceiling? Our alumni are spread all over the country. How many locals will start to show up when we are fully FBS?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico isn't your average FBS team. It's a long way from Lynchburg to New Mexico. Heck if NM was playing VT in Blacksburg, they would not bring many fans.
Let's say LU played Marshall in Lynchburg, then the Herd would bring a lot of fans. LU will need to play some ACC and SEC schools, along with AAC schools.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We should expand to at least 40,000. Once FBS teams start coming to Lynchburg, attendance will be good. teams we play now, never bring any fans . Bringing in P5 teams from east and south, and they will have a good fan base. Even some non P5 teams will bring more fans than all BSC teams bring, combined.
There is the wild baseless over speculation that I have come to expect
I don't know how wild it is. Say NCSU plays at the Bill. They would travel better than the Blue Hose and Hawks. Add in how many fans of every P5 or G5 school in the area would come to games to see their team play. I could see a healthy boost in attendance. Liberty needs to play it smart and not jack the ticket prices up until after our first bowl win. That's the metric for when we start paying FBS admission. Keep the price down and the competition high and fans will abound.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:New Mexico isn't your average FBS team. It's a long way from Lynchburg to New Mexico. Heck if NM was playing VT in Blacksburg, they would not bring many fans.
Let's say LU played Marshall in Lynchburg, then the Herd would bring a lot of fans. LU will need to play some ACC and SEC schools, along with AAC schools.
I'm trying to think what ACC or SEC schools would come to LU. Wake? Vandy? Kentucky? Duke?
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:New Mexico isn't your average FBS team. It's a long way from Lynchburg to New Mexico. Heck if NM was playing VT in Blacksburg, they would not bring many fans.
I'm trying to think what ACC or SEC schools would come to LU. Wake? Vandy? Kentucky? Duke?
I actually think those are all realistic under a H-H approach and no brainers under 2-1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I actually think those are all realistic under a H-H approach and no brainers under 2-1.
That's why I threw those out there. None of those call for a huge expansion to accommodate their traveling entourages. They have enough problem filling their own stadiums for home games!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for Blue Hose and G-Webb fans coming to LU stadium, I could probably get all of them in back of my pickup truck.( Some years it might take 2 trips.).
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would take it up to 25000 or 26000 with the nextitle phase then add as needed. Nothing looks worse than empty seats.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I really see no need for increasing GA seating. Not in the next 4-5 years. Let's actually "fill the bill" and create a better gameday experience with better amenities, better premium and luxury seating options, and more suites. That added value will create demand that currently doesn't exist, and won't exist when New Mexico, NMSU, and UMass are coming to town.

Guys, we are a ways off from having high demand FBS home games. There will be a small interest bump, and maybe an occasional game that draws more folks, but nothing that we haven't already seen from Richmond, JMU, or Montana. A Wake Forest type of game is what I mean by that.
It's like you took a SMGT class or something :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Empty seats look bad, but so does a grass hill.
But not a landscaped one. Or one with people lounging on it like a school North of Lynchburg
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
But not a landscaped one. Or one with people lounging on it like a school North of Lynchburg
Speaking of Scott Stadium, I really wouldn't mind that look for the south endzone. *Begin fantasy* If they could bury the visitors locker room and just have an "elephant tunnel" behind the goal post and emphasize the Modern Jeffersonian look the campus is leaning towards, I would be really happy. *End Fantasy* I just hope they don't mirror the FOC too much. I also really like being able to see into the stadium from Univ. Blvd. I hope they keep everything on that end zone a low profile, unless it's a massive screen, then that's okay too.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Speaking of Scott Stadium, I really wouldn't mind that look for the south endzone. *Begin fantasy* If they could bury the visitors locker room and just have an "elephant tunnel" behind the goal post and emphasize the Modern Jeffersonian look the campus is leaning towards, I would be really happy. *End Fantasy* I just hope they don't mirror the FOC too much. I also really like being able to see into the stadium from Univ. Blvd. I hope they keep everything on that end zone a low profile, unless it's a massive screen, then that's okay too.
Agree. Looking into the stadium would be great. A low profile with columns supporting the concourse would be great and allow an open look into the stadium.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This sense of harmony is really disconcerting

:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Don't count that out with the UVa fetish that our admin seems to have. I can't wait til he figures out how to get a white cementeous coating on the Vines.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope we never have wine and cheesers tailgating.
Why would you exclude me??
By cruzan_flame13
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but Liberty is looking for someone for the position of Director of Fan Experience and Promotions. LU seems to be serious about the future of athletics.
Does anyone know someone who is great for this job and can make folks interested to come support the flames? This might be helpful for the future of LU's athletic boosters as well. Here's a link for more information on the position:

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/8962656 ... promotions
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Let's say LU played Marshall in Lynchburg, then the Herd would bring a lot of fans.
Now we're talking, ballcoach. And I could definitely get on board with that. :clapping
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but Liberty is looking for someone for the position of Director of Fan Experience and Promotions. LU seems to be serious about the future of athletics.
Does anyone know someone who is great for this job and can make folks interested to come support the flames? This might be helpful for the future of LU's athletic boosters as well. Here's a link for more information on the position:

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/8962656 ... promotions
They've had this position for years. The person who previously held it just left for another job.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]