Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Let's hope they spend it on a better team to come to Lynchburg than ODU
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:ODU is a solid add and fits your historic view of developing regional rivals.
ODU for 1.3 was good for the 1 time deal because of the other games that fell into place that were desperately needed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Liberty to receive $1.5M from Ole Miss for 2021 game.
Is that paid in American or Confederate currency? :oldhag
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
It appears some of the endzone seating that was originally set up for commencement is staying in place.
By Class of 20Something
Chippy wrote:It appears some of the endzone seating that was originally set up for commencement is staying in place.
The old electrical building(Runs the stadium lights) is still there. They might have brought the stands low enough to remove that, then put them back up.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Is one worth more than the other anymore?
Yeah CSA dollars are worth wayyyyyy more!
The Federal Reserve Notes in your pocket are backed only by the "good faith" of your government. Their is nothing of value backing them up. So in the long run you might be just as well off with CSA $$$ when stuff hits the fan.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:They will be using the men's soccer dressing room next to the FOC.
Isn't that a bit of a trek to the field from there?
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
Not really. The men's soccer team is in the building that you see walking up the ramp next to the FOC on the Baptist side.
By LUAlum1215
ballcoach15 wrote:With the move to FBS I wonder if we will replace our equipment truck with an 18 wheeler.
You would think they almost have to. I'm not sure of the total number of players and extra equipment that would entail but that probably weighs in. More so, I believe in 2018 or 19 they play in New Mexico in consecutive weeks. One would think for trips like that and the like they'd likely stay there for the week and practice at a HS or JUCO, requiring more equipment for things like practice and sports med in addition to game day equipment. I think it would be too much to drive back and forth.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:With the move to FBS I wonder if we will replace our equipment truck with an 18 wheeler.
You would think they almost have to. I'm not sure of the total number of players and extra equipment that would entail but that probably weighs in. More so, I believe in 2018 or 19 they play in New Mexico in consecutive weeks. One would think for trips like that and the like they'd likely stay there for the week and practice at a HS or JUCO, requiring more equipment for things like practice and sports med in addition to game day equipment. I think it would be too much to drive back and forth.
I highly doubt that the team will stay in NM that week. They have these things called airplanes now. 8) With cost not really a factor, there is no reason for the players to miss 4 extra days of classes. I would expect they will transport all equipment needed for both games at once. If that required a larger truck than they would otherwise need, they could certainly rent a big rig for a couple of weeks.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think the marching band already has one. They're FBS ready, too.
By LUDad
I wonder if there are any accomplished Christian FB coaches from the mid-west that might be open to a new challenge?
By LUAlum1215
oldflame wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
I highly doubt that the team will stay in NM that week. They have these things called airplanes now. 8) With cost not really a factor, there is no reason for the players to miss 4 extra days of classes. I would expect they will transport all equipment needed for both games at once. If that required a larger truck than they would otherwise need, they could certainly rent a big rig for a couple of weeks.
I was thinking from more of an equipment perspective than personnel. I'm not sure how reasonable it is to buy two sets of the same equipment just to accommodate travel trips. Then again we all know Liberty is always looking for a reason to spend money.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have always thought a football team's 18 wheeler is impressive going down the interstate highway. Plus it's good advertising. An 18 wheeler is much more impressive than a box truck.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We may not have a uniform selection like Oregon (or Baylor for that matter) YET, but I feel pretty safe in saying we have enough for 2 games (different color combos) without buying anything extra.
Last edited by olldflame on June 8th, 2017, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have always thought a football team's 18 wheeler is impressive going down the interstate highway. Plus it's good advertising. An 18 wheeler is much more impressive than a box truck.
We haven't used this one in a while, but I think it's appropriate here.
Read and acknowledged.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Having Big Game Bob attached to my alma mater's program would give me pause for having rabid support. Not. A. Fan. Glad that is not a concern.

Now back to the regularly scheduled LU FBS talk.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]