Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Nobody justified the behavior. Thats an idiotic statement. Its called using good judgment. How often is the first warning sign you see from a person is when they choke you. Very doubtful that was the first fight or first warning sign. There is almost always escalation.

But for those who cant comprehend or read. It DOES NOT justify being choked. It simply means what it says. That good judgment was not used.

If your consistently out at 3 or 4 am on weeknights usually not much good is going on at that point. Lot more calls to police at that time than studying or good deeds going on. Thought that was obvious too.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:Nobody justified the behavior. Thats an idiotic statement. Its called using good judgment. How often is the first warning sign you see from a person is when they choke you. Very doubtful that was the first fight or first warning sign. There is almost always escalation.

But for those who cant comprehend or read. It DOES NOT justify being choked. It simply means what it says. That good judgment was not used.

If your consistently out at 3 or 4 am on weeknights usually not much good is going on at that point. Lot more calls to police at that time than studying or good deeds going on. Thought that was obvious too.
Apparently not; just a lot of tunnel vision. As I stated before, I hope she’s alright and really observe the company that she keeps.
By Jonathan Carone
How about we leave it at “I hope she’s alright” without condemning or blaming her for being in the situation? You guys aren’t wrong with what you’re saying, but being right isn’t enough of a reason to say it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I am sure she learned some life lessons or at least hope she did but when you are so quick to point out how stupid she is it takes the focus off of the man who put his hands on a woman.

It's incredibly wrong and he is the one who deserves all the criticism.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I am sure she learned some life lessons or at least hope she did but when you are so quick to point out how stupid she is it takes the focus off of the man who put his hands on a woman.

It's incredibly wrong and he is the one who deserves all the criticism.
No. We must blame the victim. Obviously she deserved it
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I wasn’t raised in the Liberty bubble but people (especially college aged kids) are out late all the time. I hardly think hanging out late at night equals poor judgement. As far as a history of violence. Who knows. Obviously she decided to do something this time. No reason to blame her at all. Hindsight is 20/20. I’m sure she’d rather have not chosen to hang out with him that night as well. Add that to the list of many things people wish they hadn’t done throughout history.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Why is she stupid?
2:30 am. Working in a college environment, I am well aware of how students never consider the wisdom of putting themselves in such situations. As a Liberty student, the whole thing is pretty ridiculous- after all, he wasn't charged with breaking and entering. The swimmer who was at a party b***ing football players? I thought she was lacking in judgement, too.

For the sake of political correctness and not to appear to be ballcoach, I'll rephrase:

Her judgement was surely impaired- he is a thug, and likely has very little in the way of good decision making skills. The impairment of judgement might also have been related to the time that this took place, because what good really happens at that time of the morning? Too bad this girl didn't have the judgement or the experience to see him as the thug that he is.

I apologize for the insensitivity toward the victim and I do hope that this girl is able to deal with the aftermath that follows. I surely didn't expect you all to read me comment as an insinuation of equal culpability; after all, there are certainly varying levels of intelligence. An intelligent 16 year old would most likely take a back seat to an intelligent 21 year old. He is certainly predatory- predators can be avoided by keeping out of their environment.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:But when you quickly point out how "stupid" the victim is then by default you are trying to downplay abuse. This dude, allegedly, put his hands around the neck of a woman. He clearly surpasses her stupidity by a long shot.

When people quickly post stuff like that it makes me curious as to if they have ever had a family member or friend who have been in an abusive relationship.
One more thing- what we have seen in today's culture certainly should make students VERY aware of the dangers of rape and violence. I would also point out that there is a certain culture on our college campuses that seek out, encourage, and even take lightly the sexualization of athletes. I believe that Best is a criminal and I doubt that anyone close to him, including this girl, would consider him to be someone of upstanding character. Abusive relationships are certainly a problem, but it is dishonest not to recognize the importance that awareness plays. If someone broke into my house while I was at work, I would be a victim, yet I would have to bear some responsibility- mainly by being aware, vigilant, and of course, by locking my doors. In such a case, if I left my doors unlocked, I would have to accept some responsibility.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Nobody is arguing that fact. Go back and read what I have said in all of my posts.

My problem is with the timing of the "stupid" comments in regards of the women. It is in poor taste and by default takes the focus off of the man who put his hands on a woman. Someone like him could read this thread and be like, "That's right, she had it coming!". I don't think that is your intention but that is how it comes off when you instantly point out the victims "stupidity"
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Nobody is arguing that fact. Go back and read what I have said in all of my posts.

My problem is with the timing of the "stupid" comments in regards of the women. It is in poor taste and by default takes the focus off of the man who put his hands on a woman. Someone like him could read this thread and be like, "That's right, she had it coming!". I don't think that is your intention but that is how it comes off when you instantly point out the victims "stupidity"
Sorry to offend. I was just disgusted by him initially, but when more of the story came out and it was obvious that she wasn't just girl minding her own business, I decided to comment. Enough already- he is the criminal and I don't have anything to do with him, so get back to railing on him (and TG, of course)
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: