Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Dirty 30
Chadwell to Coastal is a done deal. I guess he will replace the Billionaire after he retires or leaves.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Already mentioned in the Non-LU Sports section
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It was indeed, BJ. But not everybody make sit down to that forum. This has definite implications on our football program. It will be very intersting to see what CSU does now. It would appear to be a better gig today than when Chadwell arrived. But the challenges remain the same.
By Dirty 30
Sorry BJ. Didn't know it was on that board. I am here in South Carolina, and it was going around Thursday. Called one of my buddies on Staff at CSU to confirm Friday and he said they were talking and it could be done by Monday. If your wondering, my buddy on the staff is not Skalaski, I have never met the man. I agree Sly Fox, I wonder what CSU does now. If it came down to money, they should have paid the man because the facilities there are terrible and they have done nothing to make it better there and he has won with the poor facilities.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
WIth just under a month until signing day that would be a sensible move...much easier than trying to vet somene and get them on the recruiting trail.
By Dirty 30
They are going with Mark Tucker, the QB Coach instead of the OC/OL Gabe Giardina. I agree, hiring within helps with recruiting. It's sad he will make more money as the OC at CCU then he did as the HC at Chuck Town.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dirty 30 wrote:They are going with Mark Tucker, the QB Coach instead of the OC/OL Gabe Giardina. I agree, hiring within helps with recruiting. It's sad he will make more money as the OC at CCU then he did as the HC at Chuck Town.
Really smart move to promote from within CSU got lucky and caught magic in a bottle with Chadwell The more of his coaches and players they can hold on to, the better their chances of continuing to be good for another year or 2 After that, I would say the odds are it will be back to same old Chucky South

It makes me wonder what is going on that we haven't heard about if the suits at CSU actually wanted Chadwell out after he made chicken salad out of their chicken poop football program

On another note, it looks like a bit of job security for little Charlie, but unfortunately the same crappy job at the same crappy place Worst case scenario for him as far as trying to latch on to Chadwell's rising star because until Moglia retires Jamey won't be doing any hiring
Last edited by olldflame on January 11th, 2017, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Dirty 30 wrote:They are going with Mark Tucker, the QB Coach instead of the OC/OL Gabe Giardina. I agree, hiring within helps with recruiting. It's sad he will make more money as the OC at CCU then he did as the HC at Chuck Town.
Really smart move to promote from within CSU got lucky and caught magic in a bottle with Chadwell The more of his coaches and players they can hold on to, the better their chances of continuing to be good for another year or 2 After that, I would say the odds are it will be back to same old Chucky South

On another note, it looks like a bit of job security for little Charlie, but unfortunately the same crappy job at the same crappy place Worst case scenario for him as far as trying to latch on to Chadwell's rising star because until Moglia retires Jamey won't be doing any hiring
Why do you say that? If Coastal has an opening and he applies for it he has an inside track on the position.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:

It makes me wonder what is going on that we haven't heard about if the suits at CSU actually wanted Chadwell out after he made chicken salad out of their chicken poop football program

Why do you say that? If Coastal has an opening and he applies for it he has an inside track on the posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=525567#position.
Moglia has his own connections for hiring assistants I highly doubt Charlito is on his radar, and if he WERE to ask Chadwell for suggestions, I kinda doubt a guy who worked with him one year as assistant to the assistant for DBs is going to be at the top of his list Charlie's best case scenario was for Jamey to hang around another year or 2 at CSU so he could earn his respect and then go with him to his next HC gig
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow. The Hate is strong with you
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Wow. The Hate is strong with you
I'm not a fan of Charlito (and I'm not alone in that) but those last couple of posts were just an objective assessment This decision (taking the job at CSU) really didn't work out very well for him and even worse for his future wife She lost a really good job and now he is still a low end of the totem pole assistant's assistant at Chucky South, working for a guy named Mark Tucker
By Dirty 30
Staggs the DC just left Chuck South to go to Furman. Word coming out of Charleston is that the NCAA is about to pop them for more stuff from those violations earlier in the season. It was more to it than what was reported to the NCAA! Sink is sinking in Chuck South! Head Coach gone and now DC is gone!
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Just to recap CSU's offseason:
Head Coach Chadwell to Coastal
WR coach/recruiting coordinator to Coastal
Def Coordinator to Furman
DL coach to Furman
LB coach to Furman
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
And they just lost their head baseball coach.

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man...talk about from the penthouse to the outhouse
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Man...talk about from the penthouse to the outhouse
:dontgetit
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Go from the top of the world and one of the best turnarounds in the country and back to back autobids to losing half your coaching staff and throw in the head baseball coach just to really add insult to the situation...
By Dirty 30
VAGolf wrote:And they just lost their head baseball coach.

Coach Lake is a great Coach and friend. We were teammates in college and he is coming back home to be a Gamecock again. Former Head Coach and now AD Ray Tanner brought him back to Carolina where he started as a volunteer coach and worked his butt off to move up the ranks. CSU is heading down hill in the athletic department because of the AD. The coaches at Chuck Town are not big fans of the AD. He cares more about helping with academic buildings than getting the coaches pay up or upgrading the facilities. There are high schools in South Carolina with better facilities than CSU and that is sad!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Are they letting Brandon play baseball this yearn. Please say yes. We could use his athleticism.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The AD at CSU has his hands tied by not being able to answer directly to the president, but rather through an overbearing, presumptuous VP. Hank Small is a good person and a great man of faith who is simply stuck between a rock and a hard place.
By Dirty 30
jinxy wrote:Are they letting Brandon play baseball this yearn. Please say yes. We could use his athleticism.
Jinxy,

He decided not to play. All I am going to say is no one talked to him from the baseball staff. I was told by another college coach that he was told it would be tough for him to make the team. That Coach ask why and he was told they have a lot of outfielders and they have to cut. The coach ask did they know anything about Brandon as a baseball player and the coach said we know he is a 2 sport athlete. He told them if Brandon concentrated just on Baseball, he would start for them. He also told him that they better do their research because they have a pretty good baseball player on campus that is not playing and could help them. I support his decision but I would like to see him play because I know he loves it. If Toman was still there he would be playing baseball right now. He loves Liberty and the football team and his coaches. He is focus on Football right now and the weight room. He did well in the classroom this fall as well and I am proud of him. He has already broken to 2 records in the weight room for Freshman and he is the starting free safety on the depth chart going into spring practice and he is excited about this upcoming spring practice. I told him to stay humble and keep working hard. He said he would play baseball next year and really wanted to focus on Football this spring. I hope that happens. I guess we will see next year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dirty 30 wrote:
jinxy wrote:Are they letting Brandon play baseball this yearn. Please say yes. We could use his athleticism.
Jinxy,

He decided not to play. All I am going to say is no one talked to him from the baseball staff. I was told by another college coach that he was told it would be tough for him to make the team. That Coach ask why and he was told they have a lot of outfielders and they have to cut. The coach ask did they know anything about Brandon as a baseball player and the coach said we know he is a 2 sport athlete. He told them if Brandon concentrated just on Baseball, he would start for them. He also told him that they better do their research because they have a pretty good baseball player on campus that is not playing and could help them. I support his decision but I would like to see him play because I know he loves it. If Toman was still there he would be playing baseball right now. He loves Liberty and the football team and his coaches. He is focus on Football right now and the weight room. He did well in the classroom this fall as well and I am proud of him. He has already broken to 2 records in the weight room for Freshman and he is the starting free safety on the depth chart going into spring practice and he is excited about this upcoming spring practice. I told him to stay humble and keep working hard. He said he would play baseball next year and really wanted to focus on Football this spring. I hope that happens. I guess we will see next year.
I'm a fan of 2 Sport Athletes. But I'm 'Old School' like that
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since he doesn't count against the baseball scholie numbers, you would think the new staff would consider him valuable for that reason alone.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]