Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Dirty 30
Purple Haize wrote:
Dirty 30 wrote:
jinxy wrote:Are they letting Brandon play baseball this yearn. Please say yes. We could use his athleticism.
Jinxy,

He decided not to play. All I am going to say is no one talked to him from the baseball staff. I was told by another college coach that he was told it would be tough for him to make the team. That Coach ask why and he was told they have a lot of outfielders and they have to cut. The coach ask did they know anything about Brandon as a baseball player and the coach said we know he is a 2 sport athlete. He told them if Brandon concentrated just on Baseball, he would start for them. He also told him that they better do their research because they have a pretty good baseball player on campus that is not playing and could help them. I support his decision but I would like to see him play because I know he loves it. If Toman was still there he would be playing baseball right now. He loves Liberty and the football team and his coaches. He is focus on Football right now and the weight room. He did well in the classroom this fall as well and I am proud of him. He has already broken to 2 records in the weight room for Freshman and he is the starting free safety on the depth chart going into spring practice and he is excited about this upcoming spring practice. I told him to stay humble and keep working hard. He said he would play baseball next year and really wanted to focus on Football this spring. I hope that happens. I guess we will see next year.
I'm a fan of 2 Sport Athletes. But I'm 'Old School' like that
So am I Purple Haize and always will be!
By Dirty 30
Sly Fox wrote:Since he doesn't count against the baseball scholie numbers, you would think the new staff would consider him valuable for that reason alone.
I don't understand it as well Sly Fox. You are getting him for free. Bring him on and see what happens. Either way it's no lost to the program. If anything it's a win for you.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its been very very quiet over there and though we have picked up some good recruits we lost the top recruit kyle horton to south carolina. Totally agree with you alls commentsry above. Not a good start for jacksonas far as im concerned. Guess we will find out more soon
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]