Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jeff Fischer is available
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Jeff Fischer is available
Le Batard is gonna be fun tomorrow.
Do they not like each other?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Sounds like a Coach we know who is really good at going 6-5 while playing bad football.
Bazinga
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good post above oldflame reference "not fooling anyone".

I never thought much of Little Charlie. Can't believe he got a college coaching job, anywhere. Heck, I could not have believed he could get a high school or youth league job.
I think CSU hired him just for intel purposes on Liberty.
This is ridiculous, even for you. People crapping on Kyle DeArmon and Charlie on this thread don't know a whole lot about football. To call Kyle simply "Turner's golfing buddy" is a total insult. Guy paid his dues as a player, switched positions so he could see the field his senior year and has worked his way up the coaching staff as a grad assistant.

Sorry, this crap pisses me off.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Good post above oldflame reference "not fooling anyone".

I never thought much of Little Charlie. Can't believe he got a college coaching job, anywhere. Heck, I could not have believed he could get a high school or youth league job.
I think CSU hired him just for intel purposes on Liberty.
This is ridiculous, even for you. People crapping on Kyle DeArmon and Charlie on this thread don't know a whole lot about football. To call Kyle simply "Turner's golfing buddy" is a total insult. Guy paid his dues as a player, switched positions so he could see the field his senior year and has worked his way up the coaching staff as a grad assistant.

Sorry, this crap pisses me off.
Consider the source
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
Both guys have worked hard and deserve what they have. I have no hard feelings against Charlie and he did what was best for his prof. goals. They both deserve the positions they are in. I think Kyle is going to some really good things as a coach and the future is bright for him. Glad he is still on the mountain.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Also agree on Kyle...he has definitely paid his dues as Lang said...to call him HCTG's "golfing buddy" would be an insult to the work he put in to get a chance to be a coach. I hope he gets a shot at a major D1 program here down the road
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:Both guys have worked hard and deserve what they have. I have no hard feelings against Charlie and he did what was best for his prof. goals. They both deserve the positions they are in. I think Kyle is going to some really good things as a coach and the future is bright for him. Glad he is still on the mountain.
Agree, with this clarification by emphasis
Charlie did what was best for HIS professional goals (maybe)

Excited for Kyle He took his QB level athleticism and made himself a WR who was good enough to make some big plays for us as a Senior That is the kind of former player who should be able to help more gifted athletes elevate their game He is also, by all reports, a bulldog on the recruiting trail
By R i
Registration Days Posts
It is much easier for me as an outsider to pull for Kyle (although offensive quality control was not super last year) rather than younger Charley.

He just needles our fan base, and unnecessarily takes digs at LU.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ri is spot on. Its immaturity at its finest. Apparently ballcoaches post riled him enough to put it on twitter. Another sign of immaturity.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]